Author Topic: Slush copter  (Read 3418 times)

Offline eriksat1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • N.W. Wisconsin Goat
Slush copter
« on: Feb 13, 2014, 11:08 AM »
Anyone see this thing called a slush copter? Hooks on to a portable drill and cleans your hole out by sucking all the slush down the hole like a toilet. It is really made for ice shacks with lots of holes inside so you don't have to clean out each hole by hand into a 5 gal. bucket. Anyway It got me thinking why can't they make a "reverse" on a power auger? it would be slick as heck, and do the same thing, flush your hole clean without dumping the slush on top of the ice.

Offline Gills-only

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When hell freezes over, I'll ice fish there too!!
Re: Slush copter
« Reply #1 on: Feb 13, 2014, 11:11 AM »
Ice gator has a reverse!!

Offline eriksat1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • N.W. Wisconsin Goat
« Reply #2 on: Feb 13, 2014, 11:42 AM »
That is a electric auger? That would be easy to make a reverse. A gas auger you would need a lever on the gear box and a extra gear or 2 in there.

Offline Purple Floyd

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl.
« Reply #3 on: Feb 13, 2014, 11:46 AM »
The bad part of that idea is that you are going to have a bunch of ice floating around under the ice that is going to clutter up your sonar until it clears and the path it is going to take to clear is right back up the hole or into the next one.

Offline Gills-only

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When hell freezes over, I'll ice fish there too!!
« Reply #4 on: Feb 13, 2014, 11:53 AM »
You said power auger, battery is power!

Offline thewyler

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Go hard or go home
« Reply #5 on: Feb 13, 2014, 11:54 AM »
The chips float so they stay up under the ice and don't mess with your sonar. If you look at underwater videos of holes being drilled most of the chips do go under the ice. The only problem is you get cops floating up for about 10 min.
go hard or go home

Offline GRIZZ08

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 13, 2014, 02:22 PM »
if your outside a shack just run the auger in the top of the hole for a few turns no scoop needed if your in a shack thats a different story
some days I can drink a lot of beer and other days only a case

Offline Cotacatchers

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • No Bad Day on Ice
« Reply #7 on: Feb 13, 2014, 02:33 PM »
pretty cool invention , i know guys with wheel houses could benifit with this but with my portables usually just let auger spin a few extra times to throw chips out.

Thanks for posting

Offline OriginalFreezin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Feb 13, 2014, 02:51 PM »
Pretty cool

Offline blizzardfisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Feb 13, 2014, 06:31 PM »
Anyone see this thing called a slush copter? Hooks on to a portable drill and cleans your hole out by sucking all the slush down the hole like a toilet. It is really made for ice shacks with lots of holes inside so you don't have to clean out each hole by hand into a 5 gal. bucket. Anyway It got me thinking why can't they make a "reverse" on a power auger? it would be slick as heck, and do the same thing, flush your hole clean without dumping the slush on top of the ice.
do u have a YouTube link ?sounds cool

Offline williev18

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Feb 13, 2014, 08:26 PM »
I drill with a cordless and have been reversing to clean holes in my shanty all season works great.

Offline DAPOS

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Feb 13, 2014, 08:34 PM »
Works real well, until you catch a couple fish. Just as you get them to the hole, and they make a round or two, all the chips will be right back in your hole.....don't ask me how I know :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

Offline eriksat1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • N.W. Wisconsin Goat
« Reply #12 on: Feb 13, 2014, 08:37 PM »
do u have a YouTube link ?sounds cool

Offline eriksat1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • N.W. Wisconsin Goat
« Reply #13 on: Feb 13, 2014, 08:44 PM »
Works real well, until you catch a couple fish. Just as you get them to the hole, and they make a round or two, all the chips will be right back in your hole.....don't ask me how I know :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

beats a 5 gal. bucket full of chips out of each hole.

Offline boxcar

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • RETIRED!!
« Reply #14 on: Feb 15, 2014, 08:48 PM »
You know, I watched a guy on you tube on this slush copter. All he did was cussed the thing out. After he used it (didn't show him running it), he started scooping all the slush out. It was like he never even used it, b***hing how much a piece of crap it was... You know what, I used mine for the first time today in my shack. Best investment I ever made.. This thing is awesome to say the least.

boxcar

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.