Author Topic: Henry's 2019 5th annual  (Read 9899 times)

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Henry's 2019 5th annual
« Reply #30 on: Nov 13, 2019, 12:35 AM »
Thanks buddy! I do look forward to seeing you very soon. How have the ducks been doing for you? Sounds like Bob is ready to go nuclear on them.

Offline Hutbomber

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Nov 13, 2019, 09:26 AM »
Welcome, yup we're definitely excited also. We've been catching a few ducks down here but we sure could use some weather to push some new birds in. I'd imagine Bob will get some revenge when he can.  ;)
I hope i'm half as good as my Dogs think i am ;-)

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
« Reply #32 on: Nov 13, 2019, 10:10 AM »
If I could ever get you to go fishing with me, we could do a full length video. Sure appreciate your support all along the way!

We need to make it happen soon!
Trent Williams
When hell freezes over, I’ll ice fish there too!

Offline dubob

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Life is good!
« Reply #33 on: Nov 13, 2019, 10:30 AM »
Welcome, yup we're definitely excited also. We've been catching a few ducks down here but we sure could use some weather to push some new birds in. I'd imagine Bob will get some revenge when he can.  ;)
I have it from a very reliable source that there are tens (hundreds even) of thousands of fowl out on the GSL.  With our weather pattern lately, there is no reason for them to move at all during the day.  The one day a couple weeks ago when we actually had a cold, WINDY day with snow flurries, two of us shot our limits in about 2 hours during mid day.  Last 2 trips were skunks - no shots fired.  Ergo, ice fishing.  No REAL duck weather in sight for the next 10 days either.  Aaaarrrggh!

Oh well, going to Lubbock Texas the week after T-Day for some guided hunts for sand hill cranes and lesser Canada geese.  Maybe by the time I get back, the hunting here will have improved.   ;D

I may also have to join the crew at Henry's this year if I can get my stuff in tow after my return from Texas.
:thumbsup:
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I’m 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
“Free men don't ask permission to bear arms.” ― Glen Aldrich
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don’t mind.” ― Dr. Seuss

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #34 on: Nov 26, 2019, 10:15 PM »
Ok boy’s we are getting close to our trip and can’t wait to get there and catch the big fish

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
« Reply #35 on: Dec 06, 2019, 01:43 PM »
Ok we're less than a week out now fellas. Its looking like a few if not most will now be arriving on Thursday which I'm sure Joe will up his arrival by at least 1 day now. LOL regrettably Damon wont be making it so I'll get another email out with the $$ adjustments but it will be what it was the email before last. With the exception of how we split Thursday. Wow I confused myself on that one. I decided to compile a little stroll down memory lane for the 5th annual trip so here we go!!!!

Good times have definitely been had here that's for sure, Thanks for all the good memories everyone and more to come  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :woot: :woot: :icefish: :icefish:
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Hutbomber

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Dec 06, 2019, 09:09 PM »
Awesome pictures Matt, thanks for posting them up. We're definitely getting excited!  ;D :woot: :thumbsup:

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #37 on: Dec 07, 2019, 11:31 AM »
Very cool. Should be another great trip this year!

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
« Reply #38 on: Dec 07, 2019, 05:19 PM »
Knock em dead fellas! I expect updates every 3 minutes or so  ;D
Trent Williams

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #39 on: Dec 08, 2019, 11:20 AM »
Great pictures Matt and can’t wait to get up there for a great time

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #40 on: Dec 08, 2019, 04:46 PM »
Good pics for sure everybody. Started packing the trailer tonight. Boy it's going to be a long week waiting for Thursday. What day is everyone heading out? We're working on Thursday at noon for our crew right now

Knock em dead fellas! I expect updates every 3 minutes or so  ;D

:thumbsup:
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Hutbomber

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #41 on: Dec 08, 2019, 06:16 PM »
Mike, his son Tanner and myself are heading up Friday morning. We're all excited and definitely looking forward to seeing everyone!  :thumbsup: :icefish:

Offline HardH20Fishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #42 on: Dec 08, 2019, 08:46 PM »
Keep the reports coming as you all get into them Friday. There's a slim chance I'll drive up super early Saturday, will just need to drive back same day. Thanks for the trip down memory lane, Matt, by posting all those great pics of past years.
You can't buy happiness, but you can buy fishing gear....and that's kind of the same thing.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #43 on: Dec 09, 2019, 10:03 AM »
Looks like we're good for heading out at noon Thursday, the cam at state park is showing at least 6-10in of new snow since Saturday morning. We're taking just the sleds for travel this year for sure. There was some talk of slush being around on the ice but it didn't sound to bad. I suspect the ice conditions will be similar to last year with maybe a little more snow but lots more ice. Last I heard was 9in and I suspect the next couple nights being clear weather should drop the temps quite a bit and add to that number. Its currently 11deg as I type this and was 3deg an hour ago
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #44 on: Dec 11, 2019, 07:53 AM »
Alright just about 28hrs and its time to get this show going  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :woot: :woot: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish:
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline BFTSkunkedAgain

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #45 on: Dec 11, 2019, 01:06 PM »
Well everyone drive safe and I'll see you Friday morning, save me a spot on the ice... Later Jeff

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #46 on: Dec 11, 2019, 03:31 PM »
Last emails out check your inboxs, hopefully!! Don't forget the poker $$$ I will have some change to break down all you high rollers big bills  ;D
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline massNtrash

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #47 on: Dec 11, 2019, 03:36 PM »
I am going to have to join you all for this trip sometime. Unfortunately I am flying to texas on Saturday. Drive safe and have fun I can't wait to see all of your photos when I get home.

Offline BFTSkunkedAgain

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #48 on: Dec 11, 2019, 04:45 PM »
It is a fun trip and great spot to get ideas of what your set up is missing, just check out Joe's toy shop and you'll always find something you need yet.... I'm going to have to get a third sled to get my junk on the ice...  Later J  PS>.. don't tell my wife though..

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #49 on: Dec 12, 2019, 07:34 AM »
I am going to have to join you all for this trip sometime. Unfortunately I am flying to texas on Saturday. Drive safe and have fun I can't wait to see all of your photos when I get home.

Yes you do Ryan, we will not be short on any pics that's for sure. Have a safe trip going south.
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #50 on: Dec 13, 2019, 08:41 PM »
Great conditions on the lake so far. Ice is 12+in. Snow depth varies as does the slush. Great conditions for sleds. Finally nailed a Henry brookie. Lol

And found my neighbor Wilson

Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline BFTSkunkedAgain

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #51 on: Dec 16, 2019, 01:19 PM »
Was a lot of fun everyone, thanks for letting me join in and not teasing me too bad for being the low catch guy...  Had fun with the ones I did catch though and did catch one football brookie that wouldn't fit in my hand it was so chunky... Guessed it was between 2-3lbs... lot of fun, even Fred the Fox was fun to see... Sure Skyler will post some video's of his new pet... Hope you make it the rest of the way home safe... Later J

Offline HardH20Fishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #52 on: Dec 17, 2019, 11:54 PM »
Sorry I couldn't make it up with the gang this year. It was on my mind all weekend and am looking forward to pics and posts from you all soon. Looking forward to catching up with the gang later in the season at Cascade and the Gorge...and any other chances we get. Did manage to get up to Scofield for just part of Sat...see post in the Scofield feed.

Tight lines....
You can't buy happiness, but you can buy fishing gear....and that's kind of the same thing.

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #53 on: Dec 18, 2019, 07:56 PM »
Ok here we go it was a blast we caught a lot of fish I mean a lot of fish pretty much the size of the fish being caught was between 16-18” inches. It was great to see everyone up there and meeting a few new guys. O ya I forgot the new pet frank

Here’s frank

Here is a little something myself and Matt had made up for the guys.

Thanks again to everyone that was able to make it up and to the ones that couldn’t make it you were missed and now for our next Adventure see everyone soon

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #54 on: Dec 19, 2019, 12:27 PM »
Nice pics, I've been down with an upper respiratory infection since we got back so I'll get some pics up as soon as I can catch up on where I get the daily pay  ;)
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #55 on: Dec 20, 2019, 09:36 PM »
Here's a few of the shots I got. Not a ton but some great friends, scenery & couple of fish. I'll clean these up better with imgur pics on Monday

Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #56 on: Dec 21, 2019, 09:18 PM »
Here is my report. Another great trip you guys. Thank you all so very much! https://youtu.be/-Mvznf8GkvU

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
« Reply #57 on: Dec 23, 2019, 08:58 AM »
Great video Joe. Sure looks like a fun trip!!!
Trent Williams

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #58 on: Dec 23, 2019, 09:46 AM »
Great video Joe. Sure looks like a fun trip!!!
Great group of guys that make it a great trip every year. Thanks for letting me share.

Offline liv2hunt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #59 on: Dec 26, 2019, 03:26 PM »
Great video Joe. Looks like a great trip. The family and I Fished Henry's on Christmas eve, fish catch looked about the same size cuts and brooks. Beautiful place for sure!!! Keep the short films coming....

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.