The Dark House Spearing board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: pulled the shanty  (Read 790 times)

Offline bth

• IceShanty Rookie
  • What a glorius site:)
pulled the shanty
« on: Jan 23, 2011, 06:30 PM »
I pull the old shack off today. I was seeing some little ones but no size to speak of. The lake has a lot of pressure this year. It seems like every body out there is setting tip-ups and after pike. I only been able to get out on weekends this year and its busy. Another reason is that people have been messing with it too. I went out to get it today and someone had used it and cut my minnow pile line. I Leave it unlocked so they can use it. I would appreciate it if they would Leave it as they found it. I think I am going to try a lake a little close to home. Well good luck to all.   
Never a bad time to be fishing;)

Offline marlich9

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: pulled the shanty
« Reply #1 on: Jan 24, 2011, 05:38 PM »
That is one of the main reasons I moved from a big busy lake and now spear and 144 acre lake that is close to my home.  Not as many pike but the landing is not plowed and gets hardly any pressure.
Plus the 1/4 mile walk to my shack is good for me.
 Get back out on the lake closer to home and give it another try it should start to get good again.

Offline Betterlabs

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: pulled the shanty
« Reply #2 on: Jan 24, 2011, 08:32 PM »
I moved to a lake that is 10 miles from my house and I am killing them. Last two years I drove 50 miles one way twice a week to spear. I drove to the lake that was 50 miles away because spearing was pretty good. The lake that is 10 miles from my home is way better so far then the further lake.  ><B>

Sound like an algebra problem...LOL!

Good luck, keep us posted!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.