The Dark House Spearing board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: pulling the house  (Read 2137 times)

Offline redruff

• IceShanty Rookie
pulling the house
« on: Feb 14, 2010, 09:46 PM »
Well, think I'm gonna pull the house this week.
End on a high note!

The hole is getting pretty small, more snow the hole is dark, time to start chasing the pan fish.
Season closes the end of this month..so gonna call it a season.

Offline Higgins

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • WHAT EVER IT TAKES
Re: pulling the house
« Reply #1 on: Feb 15, 2010, 12:00 PM »
Well, think I'm gonna pull the house this week.
End on a high note!

The hole is getting pretty small, more snow the hole is dark, time to start chasing the pan fish.
Season closes the end of this month..so gonna call it a season.

No way.......Don't do that, the big girls are going to start moving more because of spawning. It's obviously up to you but I would hold out till the end of the season. just my 2 cents  ;)

Offline stephensonswille

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 18, 2010, 12:00 AM »
I was thinking about moving my shack off the lake too but we have till the 15th of march up here so its going to stay out there for awhile yet

Offline PikeSticker

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Another day at the office~!
« Reply #3 on: Feb 18, 2010, 03:33 PM »
41 degrees and raining today on the Kenai Peninsula, AK. The Kenai River ice cover is breaking down and the eagles are starting to collect around the open water areas for a snack going by. River should open up by the end of the weekend. Trout Fishing anyone??  ;D  Don't know how long our ice season will last at this rate. Forecast is for a lot more of the same for a week or longer. Turning into a mess now. I may end up dragging the tent around for the rest of the season.
~~~ Keep your powder dry and your nose to the wind~!  Even a stopped clock is right twice a day~!

Offline redruff

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 18, 2010, 08:22 PM »
41 degrees and raining today on the Kenai Peninsula, AK. The Kenai River ice cover is breaking down and the eagles are starting to collect around the open water areas for a snack going by. River should open up by the end of the weekend. Trout Fishing anyone??  ;D  Don't know how long our ice season will last at this rate. Forecast is for a lot more of the same for a week or longer. Turning into a mess now. I may end up dragging the tent around for the rest of the season.

Wow we get to sit on the ice and listen to most of the Twin's pre-season!

Offline Higgins

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • WHAT EVER IT TAKES
« Reply #5 on: Feb 18, 2010, 08:29 PM »
man that's amazing to me that Alaska is warmer than we are right now.  We have had a great ice season here in west Michigan IMO.

I second that  ;D

Offline PikeSticker

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Another day at the office~!
« Reply #6 on: Feb 18, 2010, 09:07 PM »
In just the amount of time from my previous post to now ----

Left Photo - The Kenai River breaking up in Soldotna a few minutes ago. Should be flowing an open slot down the middle by Friday.
Right Photo - My Icelandic (Alaska) Poppies waking up and greening in the flowerbed along the front sidewalk.

P.S. There have already been guys going down to the beach and digging a limit of Razor Clams two weeks ago! And boats are catching feeder kings on the saltwater every day down in Homer all winter long!
~~~ Keep your powder dry and your nose to the wind~!  Even a stopped clock is right twice a day~!

Offline redruff

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Feb 26, 2010, 09:42 PM »
Pulled it tonight, didn't get out at all last week.

One last weekend of walleyes on Osakis and then its chasing sunnies and crappies till the ice is out....then its turkey time!

Offline Higgins

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • WHAT EVER IT TAKES
« Reply #8 on: Mar 01, 2010, 02:47 PM »
I marked my spots with the GPS and I will be back next year  :thumbsup:

I'm going for Muskie next week end out of my portable and I hope I can get one on the wall  ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.