The Dark House Spearing board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Where did they go?  (Read 792 times)

Offline UPPower

• IceShanty Rookie
Where did they go?
« on: Mar 01, 2010, 04:45 PM »
So we found our spot off the edge of a weedbed int about 10-12 feet of water in the lakes largest bay.  We were seeing pike everytime out and getting throws at nice pike.  Then it went to a pike a day and for a while now they have disappeared.  We haven't seen a lot of other fish in the hole either.  Not alot of great weed beds on the lake.  Anyone else have this type of problem?  Is it caused by the weeds beginning to die off?  With the weed beds not holding the pike where would you tend to look next?

Offline Higgins

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • WHAT EVER IT TAKES
Re: Where did they go?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 02, 2010, 11:42 AM »
Well you don't have allot of time left but if you where seeing them well and now your not than I'm guessing it might have to do with pre-spawning and not just for the pike but for there food source like perch and other small fish. I would stay with the weeds for sure but maybe move a little closer to shore or follow the drop off that your on about 60 yards away. I don't know how the Pike travel in your lake but I do know that in the lakes around me 20 yards can make a huge difference, like this year my shanty's where only about 50 yards away from each other and one of them out did the other by a ton.

Offline TWdecoys

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Where did they go?
« Reply #2 on: Mar 02, 2010, 07:12 PM »
Try shallow water, Prespawn feeding pike will sometimes move all the way up into 4 to 5 feet of water. or they staging close to there spawning areas.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.