The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Questions on Sabbatus  (Read 1078 times)

Offline GlovelessPro

• Team IceShanty Regular
Questions on Sabbatus
« on: Sep 01, 2005, 07:35 AM »
Hi. I fish Sabbatus Pond about 3 times a year, ice/open water - I have caught nice largemouths in the spring but cant find them in the winter. Also, Ive caught pike through the ice but no luck open water..... Ive also hit smallmouths during the summer but none through the ice, any good tips for any species? and any trout or other species worth trying for in here??? Any help greatly appreciated.
How can you be icefishing if you're sitting at your computer???

Offline transplantfromMN

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • SKOL VIKINGS!!!
Re: Questions on Sabbatus
« Reply #1 on: Sep 01, 2005, 06:19 PM »
Well I can tell you that the only other species you will find in Sabbattus is white perch (big ones) Pike are a very invasive species and it is very rare to find any lake in Maine with Both pike and trout in them.. For targeting bass on ice is tough you will have to pick through lots of pike before you hit many bass. They are caught during the winter there just few and far between. I have seen some huge white perch out there and Billditrite has caught some on open water.. as for me I love my pike..
Ice fishing is Gods gift to winter...

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • R.I.P. Bobberstop 6-14-1944 ~ 7-21-2010
Re: Questions on Sabbatus
« Reply #2 on: Sep 01, 2005, 09:04 PM »
no trout in sabbattus . huge bass that if you find in the winter are always a blast. pike in open water is everybodys daddy  :-\ they are much more cooperative in winter.huge white and yellow perch to be had.i even know a guy who ate them and is still alive  :o  just kidding annie!   :D the pike in sabbattus  have the other species on their toes and only the strong survive in that pond so any species you catch other than pike will most likely be a strong healthy specimen...with teeth marks all over it

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.