The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Free ice shack  (Read 1248 times)

Offline Bottle_O_Moxie

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Have you ever had to jig your scoop back up?
Free ice shack
« on: May 08, 2005, 10:44 AM »
Hey, I've got an ice shack that I won't be using and someone here should have it. 
Here's the story..........
I built it a few years ago, and it's still in decent shape.  I've got a nice portable and my fishing buddies either have shacks or portables so I have hardly used it the past two years.  It's been a pain to move around although it's fairly light.  With all this rain, the place I've been keeping it in the yard in the past is all muddy and wet and I can't move it until it dries out back there.  So it's in the way right now and I suppose someone else can use it more than I will. 
Here's a description: It's 4 1/2' wide, 8 feet long, and about 7 feet tall.  Has a standard 45 degree slope corrugated dark green metal roof.  It's painted gray, and doesn't look ugly.  Have extra paint left over.  Has windows on all sides, plexiglas, although one is cracked and will need to be replaced sometime.  It's on downhill skis bolted 6" off the frame.  Moves easy enough.   It has a door hasp for locking.  1/2" plywood floor with no jigging hole.  Cut your own if you want.  Has a shelf inside for cooking.  Stays pretty dry inside, and will some embellishments you can get it even drier.  Now the best part........it already has Team IceShanty stickers on the front and back. 
Here are the conditions......read carefully.
If you want it, make a committment to pick it up and take it away.  No excuses for not showing up when you say you will, no "I need your help to lift it cause I've got a bad back", "hold it for me until my brother in law can take a look at it", you get the picture.  If you're only half serious, forget it and let someone else have it instead.  It's located in Falmouth, near Westbrook and Windham.  Not far from route 302 and the turnpike. 
So, if anyone interested in showing up when promised, loading it themselves and using it for some hardwater action e-mail me at [email protected]
Thanks,
Tom B.

Offline Bottle_O_Moxie

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Have you ever had to jig your scoop back up?
Re: Free ice shack
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2005, 02:21 PM »
Scott Wright was the first to reply.............he's coming to get it this week.
Tom

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • R.I.P. Bobberstop 6-14-1944 ~ 7-21-2010
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2005, 03:12 PM »
there ya go scott!! nice gesture moxie...maybe ill get a chance to fish in it with the pikeslayer

Offline Scott Wright

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Maine member since 2003
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2005, 12:57 PM »
Pikeslayer And, thanks to Jrelaxin, Lakerslayer!!!  ;D ;D ;D!!

Thanks, again, Tom!! My boy, Christian, and I picked it up this morning around 11:30. It's great!! I'm gonna use it on Thompson for night time cusk fishing!! It'll be so nice to not have to fold up the portable in the middle of the night! I'll cut a jig hole or two so we can jig in comfort!!

One more reason to LOVE this site!!

I hope good things come your way, Tom, for this kind deed!!! :angel

Scott.
Scott Wright

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.