The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Women falls through the ice on North Pond trying to save her dog.  (Read 2163 times)

Offline icewoman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
X18 because I love my dog enough to never ever put her in a situation where that could happen.  That "poor" lady was being mindless and risked the lives of some men who were forced to take that risk because of her carlessness.  Should they have to because she was to lazy to put a leash on her dog to protect it from harm?  I don't think so.  I also think she is a victim of her own lack of judgement in that respect. 

http://bangordailynews.com/2012/12/11/news/mid-maine/mercer-woman-rushed-to-hospital-after-falling-through-ice-trying-to-save-dog/

Again my comment above is assuming it was her dog and it was not on a leash, the story doesn't say.

For someone who DOESN'T know the full circumstances, you sure are being awful judgmental !  I'm sure she loved that dog as much as anyone on here.
I know that 90% of the time my dog is either in the house, hooked outside or on a leash BUT  I also will let her run free from time to time when we're away from Main Roads or a crowd.....this DOES NOT mean I care any less for her.  She usually will come on command  BUT theres been times when she likes to do her own thing, like chase squirrels.....just saying.  And if she ever fell through the ice or was in any danger....You bet I'd risk my life and  call 911 if necessary.
QUIT WISHIN AND LETS GO FISHIN !!!

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
Icewoman your spot on I am being judgemental, I just don't have a problem being that way.  Part of it is because strong statements provoke good conversation when its with mature people that can handle them.  Some might say your being awefully judgemental of my post, which is fine with me ;)

Again my concern is for the men and women that are faced with risking their lives becuase some people have a difficult time keeping track/control of their pets.  Can you judge me for that?

Offline Cool Blue

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Winter Time, Good times!!!
The onlinesentinel.com has pictures. People should not be so harsh on her, accidents happen. It also says that she just started renting this place 3 days prior. So she and the dog are new to the water scene.... :tipup:

Offline Soozookie

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Plastics!
Yep this guy would be wet!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.