Author Topic: Lets see some perch  (Read 14066 times)

Offline kingfshr16

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
Lets see some perch
« on: Feb 16, 2004, 10:40 PM »
Come on guys lets see some of the hogs u've pulled out lately......this isnt my biggest but its a good sized one...13.8" a lil over a pound....dwarfs the 9 incher next to it.

your turn.. ;D
Jason

Perchaddict

Re: Lets see some perch
« Reply #1 on: Feb 24, 2004, 09:04 PM »
No Picture, only a comment

Nice Slob!!

Perchaddict

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Take what you want from what i post.
« Reply #2 on: Feb 25, 2004, 01:41 PM »
See its really hard to tell...because you have nothing to compare those perch to. If you were to ask me i would say that the biggest perch there is only 10.5 And not even 3/4 a pound. Im not saying that its not as big as you claim but without a comparison then hard to judge a Perch in a picture with just other perch. Next time throw in a hand or a ruler so we can get a idea of Perch size. Thanks and nice PErch though...any Perch is a nice PErch...
Please don't take offense to Germ's |Posts they are in no way shape or Form ...Ment to discredit or Discourage any other peoples post's..Please take Germ with a grain of salt and Rememeber it is all ment in good fun and if you Would like something changed on a post of mine mesage me ill fix it

Offline mote1977

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Feb 25, 2004, 08:36 PM »
Check out this Jumbo! An 8 yr old kid caught it in Presque Isle Bay, Lake Erie. 2lb 6oz, 3 oz shy of PA record.

Offline kingfshr16

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #4 on: Feb 25, 2004, 08:44 PM »
Germ, the other perch behind it are atleast 10's, but i no wut ur saying.
Jason

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Feb 26, 2004, 05:55 PM »
No that is a hunker perch...see how just comparing it to the kid brings that fish even more larger to life? Your load of fish though that you caught were nice sorry if it seemed i was tkaing away from your catch i didnt mean too its a nice load for sure..Tight lines!
Please don't take offense to Germ's |Posts they are in no way shape or Form ...Ment to discredit or Discourage any other peoples post's..Please take Germ with a grain of salt and Rememeber it is all ment in good fun and if you Would like something changed on a post of mine mesage me ill fix it

Offline kingfshr16

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #6 on: Feb 27, 2004, 03:03 PM »
No Germ, i know what you were saying. Sorry if it seemed like that, but isnt it funny how a big smile and a person make a fish seem so much bigger, mabe its just the satisfaction of them perchies lol gotta love 'em.
Jason

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Feb 27, 2004, 05:59 PM »
Well i think i would have a big smile alos if i had that on the end of my line lol....Got 6 today out on the ice while my friend who usually does poor caught 20...Dont know what i was doing wrong..oh well ...LOL Tight lines!

Offline BASSandICE65

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Pats!!!!
« Reply #8 on: Feb 28, 2004, 04:16 PM »
Dam now thats a perch :o. Wish we had them that big in Mass. the big ones get a little over a pound catch more dinks than anything though they get to the bait quicker. Dam greedy buggers :'(

Anyday fishing is better than your best day working!!!!!!!!!

nuke1neil

« Reply #9 on: Feb 28, 2004, 09:50 PM »
Dam now thats a perch :o. Wish we had them that big in Mass. the big ones get a little over a pound catch more dinks than anything though they get to the bait quicker. Dam greedy buggers :'(
I was having trouble catching lots of small perch,and one of my fishing buddies suggested using larger shiners,IT WORKS LIKE A CHARM.I found out a lot of people do that with sucess.On our lake the 8-9 inchers spew up inch long gills,thats a big meal for a small fish.So it only makes sense that the 12-14 inchers can easily handle bigger than that.Most people here use the fatheads for crappies,but it's med.shiners for the slobs!

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Mar 02, 2004, 07:07 AM »
Well i guess its the old saying if ya want to catch big fish use big bait...Never hurts to try something differnt that is for sure...Tight lines all.

Offline firsticerules

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • get out be happy!
« Reply #11 on: Mar 02, 2004, 07:56 PM »
i wonder what bait that kid was using

FORGET MILK.......GOT ICE?

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Mar 03, 2004, 07:01 AM »
Not quite sure but my guess would be minnows...Only becasue i deduced that MOSt kids and i stress most....Don't have the patience to sit and jig...They usually will sit with a Minnow on the ice then play around in the snow or bug other people in their huts close by...LOL so anyhow this is just my guess but i'll try to look into the actual info for ya. Tight lines!

peple of the perch

« Reply #13 on: Mar 03, 2004, 04:06 PM »
im a kid andi can fish with a jig in a puddle of water all day long.lol
ps:only if the puddle has a fish in though im not that stupid...lol

slick50

« Reply #14 on: Mar 03, 2004, 07:24 PM »
you fish in puddles? theres no fish in puddles

peple of the perch

« Reply #15 on: Mar 04, 2004, 04:00 PM »
u have to stock it first

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Mar 04, 2004, 06:13 PM »
Sounds like sweet is in the house again. LOl anyhow nice mobve on the stocking the puddle first..Just need to learn how to cultivate the eggs then i can help ya with that stocking puddle problem...

Offline Little Brown Dog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • My fishing partner
« Reply #17 on: Mar 10, 2004, 12:21 PM »
These were my perch from a while ago. Posted in the picture forum.

http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=12267.msg101022#msg101022

"My biggest worry is that when I die, my wife will sell all of my ice fishing gear for what I told her I paid for it"

Offline Bob_D

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • www.Fishingvermont.net
« Reply #18 on: Mar 11, 2004, 12:03 PM »
Wow!....Those are some monsters. I almost hate to post this pic in the same thread.

~14" long and a 9.5"+ girth

Offline Little Brown Dog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • My fishing partner
« Reply #19 on: Mar 11, 2004, 08:03 PM »
Lot bigger than the ones I caught,, it didn't say JUMBO perch picts! ;D

"My biggest worry is that when I die, my wife will sell all of my ice fishing gear for what I told her I paid for it"

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Mar 12, 2004, 07:00 AM »
Hey jigwilggle where you live or where is Seneca lake?

Offline Bob_D

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • www.Fishingvermont.net
« Reply #21 on: Mar 13, 2004, 07:57 PM »
Got some more yesterday.... ;D

Offline firsticerules

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • get out be happy!
« Reply #22 on: Mar 13, 2004, 09:29 PM »
great perch and those fish have great colour too ;D

FORGET MILK.......GOT ICE?

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23 on: Mar 15, 2004, 04:41 PM »
Ya its nice to see the brillent color of those perch..How many FOW were you fishing them in? ALso nice to see the measure beside them gives them  more size Definition .

Offline Bob_D

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • www.Fishingvermont.net
« Reply #24 on: Mar 18, 2004, 11:59 AM »
I was fishing about 12-15' deep. It was the low side of a drop off where I set up for walleye. I was using emeralds, so I would get a few perch too. All the perch were on tip-ups, since it was busy enough that I did not have time to jig much. Other then spawning time, I tend to find my big perch in deeper water.

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25 on: Mar 22, 2004, 06:37 AM »
Ya deeper is Bigger as a rule of thumb but on SImcoe Here sometimes it Realy Doesnt matter...Catch Jumbos where ever the fish are hitting....Ususaly though its like 1-15 odds for Jumbo or better on the nice days...Oh well they all taste good!

sweet446

« Reply #26 on: Mar 22, 2004, 01:59 PM »
nice perch. :'(

Offline Iceshanty

• Admin
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Unwilling to leave the fish I have not caught yet
« Reply #27 on: Sep 16, 2004, 09:05 PM »
One of the best ice fishermen I know, Stauch Funk caught these Gogebic Lake one morning in the U.P. Michigan
Most he ever caught in one outing.
Biggest one is little over 15" he said these were small ones!  :o

-Scott
What's cooler than being cool? Ice cold

´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((((º>                                
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><(((º> 
´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><(((((((((º>

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #28 on: Sep 17, 2004, 07:10 AM »
These aren't 15" but...that's OK ;D Fish fry waiting to happen.

RG
"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Offline richstick

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I drill holes - lots of holes
« Reply #29 on: Sep 17, 2004, 08:56 AM »
RG - those pics are making my mouth water!

Those Gogebic perch are pretty typical for that lake.  Last year was a bust up there though.  Tough access, and tough fishing.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.