Author Topic: Cascade 2018  (Read 14225 times)

Offline Hutbomber

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Cascade 2018
« Reply #60 on: Jan 06, 2018, 03:39 PM »
X3 Kim,,,  thank you very very much for the update!
I hope i'm half as good as my Dogs think i am ;-)

Offline k2muskie

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #61 on: Jan 06, 2018, 04:49 PM »
Hope you folks can see pictures just sent to me

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
« Reply #62 on: Jan 06, 2018, 06:59 PM »
Yes I can see the pics, those cracks definately look nasty and warrant some caution for sure. I'm betting with the temps and rain that ice is feeling spongy. It looks like easy walking ice  :-\
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Backwoodsboy.50

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #63 on: Jan 06, 2018, 08:33 PM »
Good luck fellas and be safe I’m sick of this “winter” we’ve been having!!  Bring the cold!!!
"your using to small of a lure... zooplankton would pass that up" - my old man

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #64 on: Jan 06, 2018, 08:57 PM »
Thanks for the info and pics. We will be there Friday morning bright and early.

Offline k2muskie

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #65 on: Jan 07, 2018, 07:18 PM »
Per contacts today Ice is holding north of Island measured at 9”.  However shoreline at Poison isn’t the best right off ramp.  Sleds had to go away from Ramp on sides.  Ice heaves north are firming up but south along island not good.  Including still very questionable on any ice near and south of island.  Be safe don’t go alone and taking an ATV better have a tie strap and winch handy especially later in day getting off

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #66 on: Jan 07, 2018, 07:48 PM »
Thanks for the updates also is anyone running sleds out on the ice

Offline liv2hunt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #67 on: Jan 07, 2018, 07:50 PM »
Be safe Matt and Lawrence and the rest of the crew heading out this weekend!! Good luck may the fish Gods bless you all!!

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #68 on: Jan 07, 2018, 07:52 PM »
Be safe Matt and Lawrence and the rest of the crew heading out this weekend!! Good luck may the fish Gods bless you all!!

Thanks you sir. We hope that we can get into the 🎏.

Offline k2muskie

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #69 on: Jan 07, 2018, 09:02 PM »
Thanks for the updates also is anyone running sleds out on the ice

Yes sleds are doing fine.  As for ATVs unsure.   Folks we know have sleds and they are fine getting on and off.  However shorelines at PC ramp ice heave and later in day soft ATV may possibly have an issue as I stated earlier.

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #70 on: Jan 07, 2018, 09:07 PM »
Thanks again be safe out there when you group head's out.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #71 on: Jan 08, 2018, 08:44 AM »
Good luck fellas and be safe I’m sick of this “winter” we’ve been having!!  Bring the cold!!!

X2 on that, what a lousy weather year its been so far

Per contacts today Ice is holding north of Island measured at 9”.  However shoreline at Poison isn’t the best right off ramp.  Sleds had to go away from Ramp on sides.  Ice heaves north are firming up but south along island not good.  Including still very questionable on any ice near and south of island.  Be safe don’t go alone and taking an ATV better have a tie strap and winch handy especially later in day getting off

Thanks again Kim, hope we can get together with you guys for a bit this wekend. We'll be in close contact with Bob.

Thanks Matt, will do
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #72 on: Jan 08, 2018, 10:15 AM »
Updated email out, check your inbox's. Looking at the tamarak web cam, its a beautiful day up there right now

http://tamarackidaho.com/webcams
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #73 on: Jan 09, 2018, 02:07 PM »
Pretty slow fishing right now boys. I’ve been all over poison Creek and the only thing I’m going to catch is a cold. Rain has been coming down nonstop. Definitely bring waterproof boots for an extra pair.

Offline massNtrash

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #74 on: Jan 09, 2018, 04:00 PM »
Are you marking some that aren't willing or are you just not seeing much? How much water is on the ice now with all that rain?

Offline Geezer_

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • friends with the same mental disorder....priceless
« Reply #75 on: Jan 09, 2018, 07:47 PM »
Pretty slow fishing right now boys. I’ve been all over poison Creek and the only thing I’m going to catch is a cold. Rain has been coming down nonstop. Definitely bring waterproof boots for an extra pair.
Ya think maybe. You should do a snow dance? Looks like you weren’t skunked though. Save some for us lol

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #76 on: Jan 09, 2018, 08:03 PM »
Are you marking some that aren't willing or are you just not seeing much? How much water is on the ice now with all that rain?

They just weren't biting but he was seeing them. There was about an inch of water on the ice. He said it's holding out good though. Temps should be dropping off tomorrow night

Ya think maybe. You should do a snow dance? Looks like you weren’t skunked though. Save some for us lol

He's going to be dancing all night to get us more snow
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #77 on: Jan 09, 2018, 08:49 PM »
 Ended up with about 10 fish. At lunchtime, I was ready to give it up. Major wet mess! Still raining right now. Hopefully tonight it will turn to snow. For some reason this morning the fish were tight lipped but they cooperated better after lunch. Definitely saving plenty of fish for you guys, but you better hurry.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #78 on: Jan 10, 2018, 02:13 PM »
Here's an update per my discussions with prospector on the ice today, everything has either seeped back into the lake or refroze last night/this morning. Thers's no more water on the ice. Its just staight slick ice. The ice where he's fishing is 10in, with that being the average thickness he's been on. Said he found 12in in a couple places but most 10in. There is some cracks and ridges that definately need to be treated with caution and seen one small open water spot that apeared to be like a methane pocket\leaker or something similiar. He stayed away from it. He has been going out from poison and said the ice directly in front of the ramp is tore up but acessing off the side of the ramp is good. He's been on his snowmobile. Here's a pic from this morning he sent me. The temp in donnelly was 25deg an hour ago and a few degrees colder earlier

Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #79 on: Jan 11, 2018, 10:49 PM »
 You guys make sure and travel safe on your way to cascade. Today was a great day on the ice! Finally opened the can on the bigger fish and even got them in numbers. When I left the lake tonight there was 6 inches of snow and as I write this it is still snowing. Hopefully the temps will drop and keep it that way . Can’t wait for you guys to get here and look forward to seeing all of everyone’s new inventions as usual. Take care and good night, prospector

Offline BFTSkunkedAgain

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #80 on: Jan 12, 2018, 08:11 AM »
Good luck up there you guys, drive safe as you travel up today.... Joe, seen some nice ones that ya sent to Matt... Good deal, keep on those beauties... Wish I could have made it, but wasn't in the cards this year... Have fun!!! Later J

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #81 on: Jan 15, 2018, 08:59 AM »
Epic weekend at cascade, thx to all that came up and had a blast yanking some jumbos. Everyone caught atleast a 14in perch. We're hauling home around 20lbs of filets. Heres a teaser of my biggest fish  just shy of 15in. Great time. More to come. Hardh20fishin caught the biggest at 15.5

Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline HardH20Fishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #82 on: Jan 15, 2018, 06:25 PM »
Yep..Epic is the only word worthy to describe the trip...just plain EPIC. Thanks for the great time folks, it was great hanging out with you all for my first experience Perch fishing. Already looking forward to doing the trip again. Great fishing, great folks, great weather...who could ask for more.

Special thanks to Muskyon46 for coordinating the logistics and getting us all together....you 'da man...!

Here are some of the pics....

You can't buy happiness, but you can buy fishing gear....and that's kind of the same thing.

Offline liv2hunt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #83 on: Jan 15, 2018, 09:04 PM »
JUMBOS..... Wow! Looks like fun, glad it went well . Congrats to all.

Offline massNtrash

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #84 on: Jan 16, 2018, 07:19 AM »
Glad you guys had a good trip! I could hear you guys hooting and hollering every once in a while over there. In our group the biggest was 16 1/2" and everyone caught at least one over 15". Also got a bonus 8 pound trout. Epic is the only way to describe that place, I'll be back for sure.

Offline Backwoodsboy.50

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #85 on: Jan 16, 2018, 10:30 AM »
Holy smokes those are some big perch well done guys!!!
"your using to small of a lure... zooplankton would pass that up" - my old man

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #86 on: Jan 16, 2018, 06:39 PM »
Great pics guys, got mine uploaded and will get them up tomorrow. Keep the pics coming I know there's more out there  ;D
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #87 on: Jan 16, 2018, 07:49 PM »
What a trip. It was a great time for me and also my frist time up there and if I remember correctly it was our hole group frist time up there. I will post some pics later. Thanks everyone it was a blast.

Offline massNtrash

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #88 on: Jan 17, 2018, 07:44 AM »
Some more pics.

Offline Geezer_

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • friends with the same mental disorder....priceless
« Reply #89 on: Jan 17, 2018, 08:30 AM »
Wow! What a trip. So many people to thank .Great fishing and great friends. Special thanks to Muskyon46 for getting us all together and thanks to Prospector for teaching an old dog ( Uncle Jim ) some new tricks. LOL. We need to make this Cascade trip a yearly thing. Perchzilla ! Epic is correct

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.