The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: ex-Lt/ Browns  (Read 2346 times)

Offline Cargo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
ex-Lt/ Browns
« on: Jan 20, 2007, 01:26 PM »
ex-Lt Hope your feeling much better these days? Glad to see your still hitting those keys.You are the keeper of the Wyoming site. You are the Man!
bowtech39 welcome to the site lots of great people and info!
Well I have been fishing a bunch and not catching much. I guess sometimes we just try a little to hard, Just need to go with the flow and let it happen.

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "Need larger flamethrower, you will...!"
Re: ex-Lt/ Browms
« Reply #1 on: Jan 20, 2007, 02:48 PM »
Nice brown Mr. Big Ice,   :thumbsup:  no sir, YOU...are the man! And yes, feeling much better, thanks, and if I wasn't, I wouldn't be sitting here punchin' the keys. We have a great site, we shall keep it thataway, great bunch of guys. I'm not gonna ask you where you caught the brown...cause I'm sure you won't tell...Don    :roflmao:

Offline Cargo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
Re: ex-Lt/ Browns
« Reply #2 on: Jan 20, 2007, 06:30 PM »
ex-Lt,
        I caught six Browns all about them same size jigging it was a hoot they just smashed that jig. I would gladly tell you, not only tell you but I would take you to any spot that I fish. I will send you a PM. Most everyone on this site works hard to find there special spots where they can find and catch fish.
        Now I will tell you why I am reluctant to say. This last week on my days off I fished 5 of my 7 off the other two days I spent it with my wife. This last weekend I fished the Keyhole Tournament and was surprised how many people showed up to fish it with the sub zero temps. I was getting a fish measured and a guy came up to me and said your that Big Ice guy on the IS. I introduce myself and I said who are you what is your name on the IS. He said he has never signed on he just goes to the site for info. I told him he should sign on. The way I look at it is we the guys on the IS who share our knowledge and info about fishing are helping out others enough as it is without saying exactly where we caught fish.

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 20, 2007, 06:51 PM »
Roger that Big Ice, I generally will tell a buddy on a pm, but on the site, it's very general, usually limited to only the name of the lake...What baffles me about just scanning the IS site is...why on earth would an ice-fisherman not want to be part of this kind of comradery and banter.  :roflmao: Shooooooooot...we have a lot of fun on here.  ;D

Offline 4x4elk

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 20, 2007, 07:50 PM »
:woot: OOOOh your gilling'em my lord have you not learned anything???

for reals sweeeet fish i wished i could find some good brown's up around here i know their here i just can't find'em!!!!!!!!
FIND'EM, CATCH'EM, FILLET'EM, GRILL'EM & EAT'EM

Offline WyoZac

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 20, 2007, 08:26 PM »
Very nice fish. ;) I haven't caught a brown since i was a little kid.  :-[
Zac

Offline Cargo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #6 on: Jan 20, 2007, 08:37 PM »
4X4elk,
          Oh that's right I'm not suppose to hold them that way! Was I suppose to cuddle them!
WyoZac,
            Welcome to the IS. It was kinda strange all the fish I caught were browns no bo's.

Offline fiddlehead322

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Night time is the right time!
« Reply #7 on: Jan 20, 2007, 08:47 PM »
Nice brown you got there Big Ice.  What do you suppose happened to it's tail? Beautiful fish though.  FH
Looking forward to some "crappie" nights!

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Jan 20, 2007, 08:51 PM »
A few years ago, I was fishing the New Fork with my buddy, Leon. There was ice about 6-8 ft from the bank. I hung a nice brown about 5-6 pounds and played him away from the ice as best I could, but he succeeded in running beneath it anyway and despite my efforts, shredded the line and broke away with my five-dollar Rainbow Rapala in his jaw  :%$#!:
     I stomped upriver and began digging in my pack for another (cheaper) lure. Leon inquired was my work finished in the deep hole where I had lost not only my fish but my danged Rapala. "All yours" I replied. He pitched a black mirabu jig into the hole and ka-wham!...another monster brownie. "If he has a Rainbow Rapala hanging outta his jaw, tis mine," I said. "That's not likely," he grumped. But when he pulled that fish over the ice...yeppers, there it was, shiny hooks and all. "My fish, your Rapala," he said, handing it over.  :woot:
                                                el-Teeeeee a laugh a minute!  :roflmao:

Offline Cargo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #9 on: Jan 20, 2007, 08:56 PM »
Fiddlehead322,
                      I am not sure. All I can figure is something bigger and badder wanted to eat it. One can only hope. Maybe there is something lurking in those waters that will try my offerings.

Offline Cargo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #10 on: Jan 20, 2007, 09:06 PM »
ex-Lt,
        Great story! That brown must have thought he was a bad dude! great you got your lure back. Most of the browns I have ever caught has been in streams and rivers. Don I am at work. I will PM your tomorrow when I get up after I check my minnow traps and watch some football!

Offline Hellsangler

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Jan 20, 2007, 11:31 PM »
Nice brown Big Ice , I caught one with the tail chewed off before .
Utah Ice

Offline Cargo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #12 on: Jan 21, 2007, 02:12 AM »
Hellsangler,
               Nice brown. That intresting I would think something either took a bite out of it, or could it be from spawning.

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Jan 21, 2007, 10:26 AM »
...or a combination of 2 things, spawn and notch. The bo's in Boysen had their tails notched by WG&F upon stocking; it's weird looking but it helps the biologists keep track of the growth rate...and it's a pretty good sized notch, about 3/4 inch at the tip of the tail, tapering in to a point...I don't know if they do that to the brownies.
                                                  Lteeeee  :tipup:

Offline Cargo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #14 on: Jan 21, 2007, 02:24 PM »
ex-LT, I would bet you are right that would make sense clipping the tail by the G&F. usually a bite mark will be in the side not the tail.

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Jan 21, 2007, 05:32 PM »
Yeah, it's a really nasty, big notch too  :woot:.
                                                LT  ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.