The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: boysen res. ice????  (Read 1426 times)

Offline trfishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish On
boysen res. ice????
« on: Dec 27, 2006, 09:55 AM »
 :) I was just wondering if anyone has been out on the ice a boysen res.  lately if so could you please report how thick the ice is now as I'm going to plan a trip over there really soon.  thanks and good luck ice fishing
Love to Fish and make Soft Plastic baits<br /><br />Just doesnt get any better than catching fish off your own panfish/ trout baits   from tubes, curly tails, and small baits catching fish of any species

Offline ryaninwy

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: boysen res. ice????
« Reply #1 on: Dec 27, 2006, 12:47 PM »
I Went to fremont bay plenty of ice around 10 inches thick and that was on Dec 23 and the weather has been cold since then.. Also went to south muddy bay Around 10 inches there but there is water near the center of the bay.  I think that you will have plenty of ice around the lake except over by the damn. Have a great trip would like to see some pictures of the fish you catch...
This Icefishing obsession i have never melts away....

Offline rumdrinker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 28, 2006, 10:03 AM »
I made it out to the sister islands.  It was a long walk but there was 6 inches of good ice :tipup:

Offline rumdrinker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 28, 2006, 07:36 PM »
Well it was kinda of a slow day yesterday.  We caught about 55 perch between 3 of us and a trout. I would recommend fremont bay or South Muddy to start off with.  You can fish for the walleye in 10-30'.  Just throw a minnow on a tip-up and drop it to the bottom. 
If you want to fish for trout just drop a worm or a minnow 5-10' below the ice and you can catch trout all day long.
Jigging perch, just use a small spoon tipped with a minnow in the flats about 40-60' and you should do just fine.... :tipup:

Offline ryaninwy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 29, 2006, 10:17 AM »
They sell a great bottom map at discount sports here in casper. I think that they are about 7$, but well worth the money...  We went to south muddy and we caught around 30 trout in one day. The next day we went to fremont bay and caught 15 perch and 3 trout. The fishing on the second day was alot slower but we had a cold front come through... Good luck on the ice...
This Icefishing obsession i have never melts away....

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.