Author Topic: St. Croix Avid jigging rod  (Read 2310 times)

Offline Ramp 23

• Team IceShanty Regular
St. Croix Avid jigging rod
« on: Feb 15, 2015, 03:42 PM »
Anyone have any input on the new Croix jigging rods, not the glass one , the solid carbon model ?

Offline BlackDucksAndBrownDogs

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: St. Croix Avid jigging rod
« Reply #1 on: Feb 15, 2015, 04:47 PM »
I don't own that specific rod but I've considered getting one each of the carbon and glass versions.  There has been little discussion about them on IS.  There are a few reviews on the online retailer (Cabelas, FishUSA, etc.) websites. 

The best review is here https://redrockstore.wordpress.com/2015/02/11/st-croix-avid-ice-rod/.  I think they reviewed them earlier in the season too.  Links to those reviews are at the bottom of the page.

Now that they are at clearance prices, they seem to be selling out.  Other folks must like them?

BTW, I have 6 St. Croix ice rods (Premiers, Legends and Legend Silvers) and am satisfied.

Also, I've purchased quite a few items from the Red Rock Store and feel they're a solid outfit.

If you get one, let us know what you think!

Offline SHaRPS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #2 on: Mar 06, 2015, 03:34 PM »
St Croix Silver and Gold are well worth the money especially if you can get one on sale. That spring tip makes a world of a difference and I out fish everyone because of it.
Just add water.

Offline lynng

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Mar 08, 2015, 06:55 PM »
I have the Avid jigging rod (carbon) in 27ML. I have had the rod only a few weeks, but I like it very much. I think it is well worth the price. Depending on what species I am targeting, I usually have 4 to 6 rods rigged and ready. The Avid is definitely in the starting line up. It is very sensitive yet has plenty of backbone. I plan to pick up one or two more. I think you won't be disappointed if you pick one up.

Offline Ramp 23

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Mar 08, 2015, 07:41 PM »
Thanks for the input. Got the 27ML solid carbon also, had it out 3-4 times , very happy with it ,mainly using 1/8-1/4 oz lures. Very nice rod.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.