Author Topic: 1st Bull 2011  (Read 3732 times)

Offline Townie

• Team IceShanty Maniac
1st Bull 2011
« on: Jan 29, 2011, 09:28 PM »
Nice purple cast to this one-- 10" even. C&R  today on Gitzit  Micro Little Tough Guy  & waxie; 13' deep

Bulls, Jumbos & Slabs Oh My!

Offline Hooligan

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: 1st Bull 2011
« Reply #1 on: Jan 30, 2011, 01:27 AM »
Nice!  That fish has great color.  Didn't know they grew them like that back east!

Offline Van_Cleaver

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 31, 2011, 06:13 PM »
Great fish; I am still looking for my first ten in.(this season) Interesting color, too.

Offline AEffling

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 31, 2011, 06:15 PM »
Interesting color is right. Great fish  :thumbsup: :icefish:
PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway."-John Wayne

Offline Alphie

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I'd rather be fishing than what I'm doing.
« Reply #4 on: Feb 06, 2011, 03:37 PM »
Nice fish.  You got me beat.  The best I've had this year is 9.75, and I thought that was a hawg!
I only ice fish because the water's hard.

Offline beerbellybob106

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Feb 07, 2011, 08:56 PM »
very nice gill

Offline Fatfish

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Feb 08, 2011, 08:36 AM »
I have fish here is WI.for 55 years and have only caught one like that. Great fish,take a lot of pictures of that gill.    Jerry

Offline Townie

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Feb 08, 2011, 01:18 PM »
I have fish here is WI.for 55 years and have only caught one like that.

Check out Ryno's post-- my fish was an average gill  :o

Offline oc

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Feb 08, 2011, 06:48 PM »
That's a real dandy Townie , good job.  ;)

Offline ryno

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ditch the bobbers and get a 'tight line'
« Reply #9 on: Feb 09, 2011, 02:25 AM »
Nice gill Townie!  It's getting that 'helmet' look on its head which is indicitive of a true bull gill with some age.
]

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Feb 09, 2011, 07:46 AM »
Nice fish Townie.

How much snow is on the ice there?
I live in the midwest now but have fond memories of fishing in New England as a kid.

Offline Townie

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Feb 09, 2011, 02:49 PM »
Nice fish Townie.

How much snow is on the ice there?

Too much-- they haven't plowed for a couple weeks. Knee-deep wade through snow. The walk back almost killed me draggin' shelter & too much gear  :P

Offline icebucketjohn

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Feb 12, 2011, 01:34 PM »
That's a beauty.
Ice-Fisherman: We're all highly addicted, shivering, psychotic patients in the asylum of the frigid.

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Feb 12, 2011, 04:05 PM »
Too much-- they haven't plowed for a couple weeks. Knee-deep wade through snow. The walk back almost killed me draggin' shelter & too much gear  :P

Sounds par for the course as far as government employees. What do they with all those taxes you people pay?
I live in the midwest now but have fond memories of fishing in New England as a kid.

Offline Melbs7

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Feb 12, 2011, 07:52 PM »
Sounds par for the course as far as government employees. What do they with all those taxes you people pay?

and why would government employees be plowing temporary roads on the frozen lakes?? They certainly dont here in Wisconsin. I can see why a private guy with a plow would (in order to get out there himself).... or a guide with permanent shanties for rent (in order to make more money) but why should the government plow "ice roads" for a select few people to have recreation??

Offline Melbs7

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Feb 12, 2011, 07:52 PM »
oh... and as far as the fish goes..... WOW!!! awesome gill!!

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Feb 12, 2011, 08:11 PM »
and why would government employees be plowing temporary roads on the frozen lakes?? They certainly dont here in Wisconsin. I can see why a private guy with a plow would (in order to get out there himself).... or a guide with permanent shanties for rent (in order to make more money) but why should the government plow "ice roads" for a select few people to have recreation??

Just so we're clear we're not talking about roads on the ice are we? -- because I'm not. I'm just talking about a side road just off a main road.

The property is owned and operated by the feds. It's a special situation. I don't want to go into detail as Towney doesn't want to broadcast the location. A friend that fishes there complains sometimes no one even shows up to open the property at times in the summer. No real incentive to get out of bed, run the property, or plow the snow I guess as long as you're getting a salary.

Restrictions up the whazoo too like it doesn't open until 9 A.M. you have to be off the lake by 7  P.M in the summer, no night fishing, or no dogs allowed blah blah blah.

What really ticked me the last time I fished there, there was four wheelers coming through the woods, leaving beer cans, having wild parties while the honest people are kept out. I reported an active situation but the local cops said they couldn't pursue them with their vehicles. I had to bite my tongue not to tell them maybe they should put the donut down and do some walking. There are signs posted that off road vehicles are strictly prohibited.The trail they come in on is very obvious. What would it take to stake it out?

Offline Melbs7

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Feb 12, 2011, 08:40 PM »
Just so we're clear we're not talking about roads on the ice are we? -- because I'm not. I'm just talking about a side road just off a main road.

Ahh.... well that is a totally different story then... I misunderstood.....

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Feb 13, 2011, 09:38 AM »
Ahh.... well that is a totally different story then... I misunderstood.....

No problem. I should have been more clear.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.