Author Topic: You are invited  (Read 6630 times)

Offline stumper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Never settle for less
You are invited
« on: Oct 31, 2008, 11:29 AM »
Just want to toss out an invitation to anyone that is new to icefishing and wants to give it a try before spending a bunch of $$$ to get geared up to see how they like it. This also goes for anyone thats really not into Icefishing that has kids that would like to give it a try. Once we get good ice ,if you would like to make the drive to Mitchell I will be happy to take you and/or your kids out to give it a whirl. Just drop me a PM or reply here and we can set up a day to go out. I have everything needed as far as gear,so all you need is munchies and your beverage of choice.

Offline Army Angler

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: You are invited
« Reply #1 on: Nov 01, 2008, 09:34 PM »
That's awfully nice of you.  I'll be keeping this in mind.  How do you PM?  As you can tell I am new to this site.  I've fished for one year.  But now gearing up to go out on my own.  I live in SFalls, but mom lives in Plankinton.  So close to Mitchell. 

Offline stumper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Never settle for less
« Reply #2 on: Nov 01, 2008, 09:43 PM »

Not a problem, Im on the ice almost daily and often fish alone since none of my friends fish that much, so I usually have room.

Click on my name and at the bottom of the page their should be a link for sending a pm.( Might not work though till you have 5 posts? I dont remember if this forum is like that or not.)

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Nov 09, 2008, 10:33 PM »
got one of them "corn palace" ice houses too?  ;D

i want to hit pactola for lakers... a friend of mine at work has the SD state record out of there. do you ever get over that way?

Offline stumper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Never settle for less
« Reply #4 on: Nov 09, 2008, 10:48 PM »
No, I pretty much stick to the eastern lakes.

Offline johnwaynejeep

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Nov 11, 2008, 08:37 AM »
i want to hit pactola for lakers.

Thats a good idea. I've been itchin to hook a laker for a while.
(I better not misspell that, it could lead to trouble)  >:D

Can you suggest any good areas? Do you have to use steal leaders with lake trout?
I figure about 20 yards of the dam face would make for some good deep water, but what do I know, I've never caught a lake trout. :whistle:

Thanks

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Nov 14, 2008, 03:40 PM »
Thats a good idea. I've been itchin to hook a laker for a while.
(I better not misspell that, it could lead to trouble)  >:D

Can you suggest any good areas? Do you have to use steal leaders with lake trout?
I figure about 20 yards of the dam face would make for some good deep water, but what do I know, I've never caught a lake trout. :whistle:

Thanks
where are you from? i've looked over a lake contour map and have a few areas picked out to drill over, and i'm mobile to a certain extent (no ATV or sled! lol)... i'm not using a steel leader and either 8# or 10# line... drop a PM my way and maybe we could meet and team up on a few!  :tipup: 

someone dropped off a vex FL-20 with dual ducers on my front steps a few weeks ago and i plan on trying it out at pactola!  :thumbsup: :clap: :roflmao:

Offline nodakbassmaster

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #7 on: Dec 14, 2008, 11:19 PM »
let us know how you do!  8) :tipup:
-Richard

Not enough ice or time... not necessarily in that order.

Offline highsparks

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 16, 2008, 10:19 PM »
    Can i come fish with ya?
Its better to be thought an idiot , than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.......

Offline stumper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Never settle for less
« Reply #9 on: Dec 16, 2008, 10:21 PM »
I suppose yah ole geezer ;)

Offline highsparks

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Dec 16, 2008, 10:31 PM »
   Thanks buddy , see ya next sat......
Its better to be thought an idiot , than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.......

Offline Hard Ice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Dec 21, 2008, 11:25 AM »
hey stumper where you from ?
Hard Ice

Offline stumper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Never settle for less
« Reply #12 on: Dec 21, 2008, 11:33 AM »
hey stumper where you from ?

Mitchell Sd

Offline highsparks

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Dec 23, 2008, 09:23 AM »
   Since I am still a rookie , I plan to attach myself to the side of your permie....lol

Offline stumper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Never settle for less
« Reply #14 on: Dec 23, 2008, 10:12 AM »
   Since I am still a rookie , I plan to attach myself to the side of your permie....lol

You mean like this? ::)

Offline Hawk 27

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Dec 23, 2008, 11:58 AM »
Stumper is that the guy you have been talking about? I would be upset too. That ridiculous!
Wherever you go.......there you are.

Offline Waubay Fisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #16 on: Dec 23, 2008, 08:37 PM »
Geeeezzz.... can you say "IDIOT".   Why would you ever park your shack that close to someone?  I wouldn't even think about parking 50 paces next to someone I didn't know, let alone that!   ::)

Stumper, have you talked to the joker and asked what his issue is? 

Offline highsparks

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Dec 23, 2008, 09:30 PM »
Last night my new neighbor showed up and knocked on the door. He was apoligetic right away without me saying anything. Said they couldnt get his shack to seal up and the wind was freezing them out. He figured since he "knew me" from last yr that I wouldnt be to upset,but he fully expected me tpo not happy about it. I told him he was right that I was po'ed about it. He says he will be moving it shortly. I bit my tounge for the most part since I obviously have to deal with him the rest of the season. SOOOOOOO

Me and 2 buddies are sitting there catching some gills and it hits me..Giggle,giggle,giggle,.... What do gills do when you catch them? Swim in circles of course   So I tell my buds Im going "fishing" and my next gill was informed of his impending freedom if he was able to perform the mission at hand. I put him back down the hole and gave him line. He headed east imiediatly. If he stopped I gave him a tug to get him going. After he took about 20 ft of line I started bringing him back in.  Out he comes wit 2 other lines,lol. I grabbed them and gave them a tug. It sounded like he fell out of his chair, you could hear the rods hit the floor and him diving for them. After a good "fight" I released them. I know,shoulda cut them,but Im not THAT po'ed since he did apoligize. So,20 minutes go by and I figure,what the heck,let do it again. My buddies couldt believe I was able to do it the first time ,so they were sure I couldnt do it again. WRONG...  This time he musta been holding the rod. It was a good battle,but he lost again,lol. I was trying to hook a beer can to his jig ,but I was cutting my finger on his line so I just let it go.. He left shortly after without saying goodby.. ;

This is from another site , that has to be the funniest thing I have ever read.....lol

Offline Waubay Fisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #18 on: Dec 24, 2008, 08:34 AM »
That is probably the best story I have ever heard, LOL.  I can only imagine how much fun, given the circumstances at hand, that would've been to be at the "helm" of it all (good job Stumper).  At least the guy was sorry, felt bad, and obviously knew he did wrong.  I don't know if I'd buy into the whole wind deal as a factor in the issue though... he must have a really whimpy heater/stove in that thing if that's the case.

Offline stumper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Never settle for less
« Reply #19 on: Dec 24, 2008, 09:13 AM »
That is probably the best story I have ever heard, LOL.  I can only imagine how much fun, given the circumstances at hand, that would've been to be at the "helm" of it all (good job Stumper).  At least the guy was sorry, felt bad, and obviously knew he did wrong.  I don't know if I'd buy into the whole wind deal as a factor in the issue though... he must have a really whimpy heater/stove in that thing if that's the case.

LOL, just to give yah an idea it was 35 mph winds with below zero temps. Its just an enclosed trialer that dont drop down, BUT thats still no excuse IMO.

Offline Waubay Fisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #20 on: Dec 26, 2008, 01:53 AM »
LOL, just to give yah an idea it was 35 mph winds with below zero temps. Its just an enclosed trialer that dont drop down, BUT thats still no excuse IMO.

Yeah, that's pretty cold...  I could have the permy heater cranked up to about 80 degrees no problem in those temps ;D.  A few open areas though like his trailer would definately make a difference. Regardless, no excuse - entirely agreed...

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Dec 30, 2008, 08:21 AM »
seriously man, that is rude and beyond anything i've EVER seen in the outdoors... be glad you had a hardside between you and he didn't throw up a deer stand on the other fork IN YOUR TREE!   :roflmao: :roflmao:  :woot: :woot:

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Dec 30, 2008, 08:26 AM »
Just want to toss out an invitation to anyone that is new to icefishing and wants to give it a try before spending a bunch of $$$ to get geared up to see how they like it. This also goes for anyone thats really not into Icefishing that has kids that would like to give it a try. Once we get good ice ,if you would like to make the drive to Mitchell I will be happy to take you and/or your kids out to give it a whirl. Just drop me a PM or reply here and we can set up a day to go out. I have everything needed as far as gear,so all you need is munchies and your beverage of choice.
That is very nice of you, Not many people would offer to take new people out. I was lucky to have a guy I work with take me out. been hooked ever since.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline Duece

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #23 on: Jan 03, 2009, 06:21 PM »
Right now?

Offline stumper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Never settle for less
« Reply #24 on: Jan 03, 2009, 09:08 PM »
Right now?

LOL, look who the cat drug in. You still got my number?

Offline Duece

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #25 on: Jan 03, 2009, 11:12 PM »
I don't. How has the fishing been on Mitchell? I haven't heard much.

I hadn't been on the ice in the last couple of years, but have the itch again this season. Fished a stock dam out on the grasslands new years day with Bob. Lots of gills, most of them small. Tomorrow is the last day of bird season, so I will be out with the dogs one last time, then it is time to hit the ice bigtime. My number is still the same if you still have it.

Offline stumper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Never settle for less
« Reply #26 on: Jan 03, 2009, 11:57 PM »
Yup I got it..

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.