Author Topic: How'd your long weekend go in South Dakota?  (Read 3122 times)

Offline Uplandhuntr

• Team IceShanty Regular
How'd your long weekend go in South Dakota?
« on: Dec 27, 2009, 10:06 PM »
Had big plans to make the most out of a great 4-day weekend, but the weather put the ki-bosh on that, as I am sure it did for a lot of folks.  I was going to sneak out this afternoon (Sunday), but between moving more wind-blown snow and the poor back roads, I didn't get it done.

There will be better days, I know.  Just hate to lose a long weekend when there is ice  :'( .

Anyone get out to wet a line that I can live vicariously through  ;D ??

Uplandhuntr

Offline fishing grampa

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: How'd your long weekend go in South Dakota?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 27, 2009, 11:22 PM »
Yep, know the feeling.  Going to make getting around some of the lakes here a little deficult.
We made it out for the first time today since Thursday evening ;D  Big drifts,
no Christmas cause no one could make it home, so Christmas is New Years at our house this year.

Hope everyone was safe during the blizzard!  Be careful cause getting stuck is no fun..... ::)

:tipup:
Sometime hard water is a good thing..............

Offline TheRo0sTer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 28, 2009, 12:23 AM »
Thanks to the "Holiday Schedule" I will be headed out tomorrow to get some hard water fishing done. Not sure where, but it's going to be, pull the shack out and walk 10-20ft to the ice so my kids don't have to walk to far. ;)
Anthony

Offline Uplandhuntr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 28, 2009, 08:29 AM »
Yep, know the feeling.  Going to make getting around some of the lakes here a little deficult.
We made it out for the first time today since Thursday evening ;D  Big drifts,
no Christmas cause no one could make it home, so Christmas is New Years at our house this year.

Hope everyone was safe during the blizzard!  Be careful cause getting stuck is no fun..... ::)

:tipup:

Good for you, at least you were able to get out!!  Did you have any luck??  I just knew that they were on a bite and I couldn't get anywhere to capitalize on it.... ::)

Offline KingCat

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 28, 2009, 12:40 PM »
40 inches in Lead sure made it tough to get out and do anything. Had good intentions of htting some water but no can do. Now i'm worried about being able to get close enough to the ice! Will be hitting Orman sometime this week. At least the sun is shining today

Offline royjulius

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Top 5 Pike:14-5,15-5,15-10,17-0,18-4, 2B cont.
« Reply #5 on: Dec 28, 2009, 03:25 PM »
Didn't get out due to weather, but I have 5 days off starting wed. and I'm gonna whack em at pactola. I'll drop in later with a report. :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

Offline fishing grampa

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Dec 29, 2009, 11:32 AM »
Good for you, at least you were able to get out!!  Did you have any luck??  I just knew that they were on a bite and I couldn't get anywhere to capitalize on it.... ::)

Sorry, but you missed my quote, I should have said That is got out of the house for the first time blizzard had us socked in for 3 days. sorry.
But I did get out the monday before Christmas and did a little fishing, or should I say practicing, I drilled holes, set up my new pop up shanty, and practiced jigging.  No catching just practicing. Oh well maybe next time......

Looks like the weather man is saying we'll be making more ice later this week ;D

Hope January brings in some GOOD FISHIN,,,, :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :thumbsup:
Sometime hard water is a good thing..............

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #7 on: Dec 29, 2009, 02:43 PM »
Sorry, but you missed my quote, I should have said That is got out of the house for the first time blizzard had us socked in for 3 days. sorry.
But I did get out the monday before Christmas and did a little fishing, or should I say practicing, I drilled holes, set up my new pop up shanty, and practiced jigging.  No catching just practicing. Oh well maybe next time......

Looks like the weather man is saying we'll be making more ice later this week ;D

Ya better get paddlefish on the ice or he's gonna get grumpy on ya.  :woot: :whistle:
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline Uplandhuntr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 29, 2009, 03:42 PM »

No worries, guess I was being optimistic and hoping that you got out fishing....All this snow is going to limit my choices, I am afraid, but such is winter in SD.  They can't all be as nice as the last couple, right?

Take care,
Uplandhuntr

Offline eve21

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Dec 30, 2009, 10:29 AM »
Didn't get out due to weather, but I have 5 days off starting wed. and I'm gonna whack em at pactola. I'll drop in later with a report. :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

Roy, let us know the snow and ice conditions on Pactola as we were looking at making a trip over new years day but are afraid about getting around with all the snow.  Thanks for the help.
-Tight Lines
-If our father had had his say, nobody who did not know how to fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.