Author Topic: Mitchell, SD. Fishing Report  (Read 2635 times)

Offline Madpuppy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • CAGA HOKUWA
Mitchell, SD. Fishing Report
« on: Dec 14, 2009, 06:46 AM »
I'll be making a trip to Michell at the end of Dec. for 3 days, my son has a Basketball Tourney up there and I was wondering if anyone could help me out as far as a place to do some ice fishing? Myself, younger son and son in law would like to do some fishing as I'm sure we'll have a lot of time between games but we're not familiar with the area at all. We're not real particular on what we fish for, crappie,bluegill, pike, walleye or whatever will bite (hopefully). We just love to be out on the ice, any info on ice conditions, area lakes and such would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Madpuppy
I'D RATHER BE HATED FOR WHO I AM,
THAN LOVED FOR WHO I'M NOT.

Offline fishing grampa

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Mitchell, SD. Fishing Report
« Reply #1 on: Dec 14, 2009, 09:01 AM »
Hello!
I just drove in to Mitchell yesterday, the lake appears to be froze over,
I am sure you will have good ice by then, sorry I don't have any reports.
It sure is cold here this morning......

Good fishin.....
Sometime hard water is a good thing..............

Offline Duece

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 14, 2009, 11:12 AM »
I was on Lake Mitchell Saturday, about 6 inches of ice on the west end. Kind of slow, but did bring home 5 bluegills 8 3/4-9 1/2 inches. Lake Mitchell is an excellent bluegill fishery, along with some crappies and a few walleyes. Look at the west end where Firesteel creek comes in. There will be plenty of shacks there.

Offline Madpuppy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • CAGA HOKUWA
« Reply #3 on: Dec 14, 2009, 03:59 PM »
Thanks for the info guys, we're looking forward to the trip!!! I noticed there were some small lakes off to the northeast of Mitchell, just past Plano.School Section Lakes and Ness Chain Lakes are the names I believe, any info on these? Might bump into you fella's, we'll be up there from Dec. 29th to the 31st.
Thanks again fella's!!!

Offline Hawk 27

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 15, 2009, 01:20 PM »
Not that familiar with other lakes over there other than Lake Mitchell. If stumper gets on here he can give you some info on the other lakes in the area. But if I were you I would not go any farther than Lake Mitchell. I fished it a couple times for the first time last year and did really well on nice sized bluegills and crappies. I have only fished over on the west end where Duece had mentioned. Should not have any problem "catching" fish, might have to sort to get some keepers. Have fun.
Wherever you go.......there you are.

Offline Madpuppy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • CAGA HOKUWA
« Reply #5 on: Dec 16, 2009, 06:50 AM »
Thanks Hawk, we'll give it a go. I'll let ya know how we did.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.