Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1620278 times)

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #12030 on: Mar 23, 2018, 04:40 PM »
Good Morning ER's

WW funny how any pains disappear when there' a fish on.  Didn't hit any numbers, but found one short one that wanted to play.  Winds showed up early, and forecast says along with 25-35 mph, expect some areas to have gusts to reach 60-70.  :cookoo: No thanks.  Sounds like a lot of the walleyes are being found in the spawn nets.  Hope they continue to make their quota's  I would hate to have to count out 139 Million of those eggs.

Glad I didn't go to the lake this morning, the winds came up fast.  Will wait till next week before going again.  Will give me a chance to tune the kicker motor's carb.

deerefishyfishy been meaning to ask if you fish mostly in NY or Penn ?

hope everyone is heading to a great weekend.
Bud

Offline deerefishyfishy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12031 on: Mar 23, 2018, 07:05 PM »
IFF, I live less than 2 miles from the PA border but fish almost exclusively in NY. There are no good, big, public waters within an hour of me in PA but I can drive that far and hit several in NY. Since that's the case, and since I already get a NY fishing license with the Super Sportsman hunting licence package, I usually stay north of the border. The Susquehanna River runs through my town about a mile from my house and there are fish in there but I wont eat any out of there due to decades old pollution from industry upstream near Binghamton. Still fun to catxh them though. There is also a campground just south of me in PA that my neighbor's parents own and I can take the kids fishing there without a license in the summer. My in-laws have a camper there also, so we fish it quite a bit. It's all C&R but there are lots of sunfish, smallmouths, and a few decent perch in there. The kids have fun and we always catch a bunch... makes me cry when I have to throw a nice perch back though!  :-\ Hope you all have a great weekend  :)
The hardest part of ice fishing is casting!

Early to bed, early to rise
fish all day and make up lies!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12032 on: Mar 24, 2018, 05:08 AM »
Morning all,

IFF.....good to hear you had some action  :)  those winds sound a bit too strong to battle against  :o

WS......how was the show  ???  hope the travel wasn't too tough  :-\  how much snow did you get  ???

IW....how was the fishing yesterday  ???

MrC....the science fair project is about hockey of course  ;D  how stick flex affects scoring ability

Drive  out  yesterday was uneventful, minus the one guy that almost ran me off the road when he tried going straight across 3 lanes of traffic from the entrance ramp  :o >:( 

Have a good day whatever your plans.  Stay safe.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #12033 on: Mar 24, 2018, 05:33 AM »

Good morning Wally, ER's,
                          It's 28* here on my hill with little wind, the weather cat is grounded. My wife saw a Fisher in our yard yesterday. :%$#!:
                          Wally........The fishing was pretty good, we got 9 Lakers and 2 Salmon. :clap: Some drivers don't care what they do, glad there was not contact! :clap:
                          Bud..........Too much wind for me! ::)
                          Marv.........I hope you enjoyed the show? :flex:
                          Taking easy today and tomorrow, but this evening my wife and I with the part time neighbors and the other neighbors are going to a museum in
                  Glens Falls to join in on history scavenger hunt, then out to dinner. :woot:
                          I hope everyone has a good Saturday either at work or at play.

IW

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12034 on: Mar 24, 2018, 05:55 AM »
Good Morning WW, IW and all other ER's  nice report on the lakers IW I think the weather cat should get a blue ribbon here on the 9:45. WW glad the clown didn't take you or anyone else out on the safeless lane change. IFF Congrats on your team advancing. Down to the elite 8 or 5.5 maybe. IW hope your show was good. It's now like the wizard of Oz around here now melting,melting no more safe ice. Have a good day all.

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12035 on: Mar 24, 2018, 07:24 AM »
Good morning everyone, I hope everyone has a good day and tight lines to those on the ice and water.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #12036 on: Mar 24, 2018, 09:26 AM »
Good Morning Everyone! :bow:

It sure seemed like 20 years ago 3 hour of sleep was more than enough on a work night ???. We got home at 2am and up at 6, I was so happy we nothing going on today. 

The s-i-l and I started the fun yesterday with the NW Sports Show http://www.northwestsportshow.com/. It's at the MPLS Convention center which happens to be about 8 blocks from where my wife works. The wife didn't want to go, so we drove to her work and she in turn dropped us at the door of the convention center. The s-i-l had found some $4 off code for tickets so we were able to go get in for $10 each. The show has hundreds of exhibitors from just about everywhere promoting hunting and fishing resorts. I bought my wife a handy line cutter for braid and mono for when she is kayaking and the s-i-l bought a G. Loomis  bait casting rod and a few crank baits.

Not sure if any of you have ever watched any "Uncut Angling" on youTube. It is one of our favorites with some fantastic scenery and fishing tips for both hard water and soft. The host Aaron Wiebe is a young kid that's based out of Manitoba Canada and does an unbelievable job with both his fishing abilities and also as an educator.

We were walking down an isle when I spotted a scruffy guy walking by me and I said "I think I saw Aaron" We watched him walk away and decided to see if I was right. Long story short I was and when we caught up to him we had a good visit and the s-i-l had me take a couple of pictures of the two of them. I was sure my phone took two pictures but later discovered I only had one, so she was a little disappointed being the one I got wasn't a very good one. It was still plenty good to send to my wife who got super jealous of her sister hahaha Anyway after some visiting we finished off the show and had the wife pick us up and we were off to a place for supper.

We ended up at the show about an hour early so the girls spent some time at a couple of stores. The doors opened at the show at 7:30 with the worst warm up band ever starting at 8:30. We sat through an hour of pure ear hurting noise before they finally finished :%$#!:.

For the last 4 years or so through face book I have struck up a friendship with the lead guitarist of the Bellamy’s. We seem to message back and forth every couple of weeks and usually a lot more when they are in Europe when due to the time change, we are both up at the same time. He and I are the same age and basically from two different worlds, but he is interested in what I do day to day and I am always interested in what he is up to while on the road. He had sent me a message telling me where he was going to be before the show so we finally had a chance to meet, before now it just never worked out. I had to laugh because my wife looked at me and said “How do you know him?” I just said the crazy internet, he's a keyboard pal. Anyway he was just as nice in person as he has been in all the corresponding over the years. It was fun to finally talk to him in person.

I am happy to say the forecasters blew their forecast completely. We didn’t get a single flake out of the 10” they predicted just a day or two before :cookoo:. Now they are talking about an ice storm in a few days…Blah blah blah.

The s-i-l- did buy me a beer. Two tall ones and a coke for the wife….$20. I couldn’t get her to buy a second one though :roflmao:

Hope you all have an excellent weekend!

WS

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #12037 on: Mar 24, 2018, 07:13 PM »
Good evening  busy day spent with my sister cleaning out my former bed room at the house still have a few items left in closet to go through and the look over some items in basement . I'm not sure if I'll go back over tonight or early tomorrow morning just relaxing at the moment still have to eat dinner .
Whopper Stopper happy I gave you laugh with my comments to Ice Wanderer yesterday. Glad you did not get the snow and Bellamy Brothers show was good minus the opening act. The few celebrities I have met appeared to be nice people and appreciate their fans surprised the guitarist would see you before concert usually some last minute things for them to take care of thought you might post that he introduced you to the Bellamy's . Have to check out your link to sport show and  Uncut Angling on You Tube. I can see why you are tired long day attending pleasurable events can be just as taxing as day at work.
Icefisher-45 sorry to read about internet problems hope you are feeling best that you can and are reaching a decision about any surgery .
Old Goat hope all is well with you and family. My area looks like OZ to only small patches of snow left from last storm.
Wallyworld all the best to whichever grandchild did the science project may they receive a high grade . Until you see slow motion video you do not realize how much flex there is to some hockey and lacrosse sticks. Did the research show a big difference between sticks with high and low flex when it comes to scoring. Personally I agree with quotation credited to oldest of lacrosse playing Powell brothers Casey "It is not the wand but the magician that makes a difference" or basically it is not the stick but the player's skill that is more important. Glad the careless driver did not cause an accident. Enjoy the rest of your stay with son and family.
Ice Wanderer congrats on the lakers and salmon. Have fun at the scavenger hunt. I was more concerned an Eastern Coyote or bear fresh from hibernation would have a run in with weather cat.
Deerefishyfishy just be careful about helping your daughters with any fishing related activity  while in PA. always a chance Econ officer will ticket you for fishing with out a license. (Have heard some stories over the years no idea how true they are about adults being ticket while helping their young children with fishing) Think most Econ's will be happy to see you out with family and only issue ticket for major violation.
IFF those ever present winds in your part of country can make fishing a challenge, have relatives in Wyoming see some strong gusts during a couple of my visits with them. also in reference to Deerefishyfishy angling in PA unless he got out often it might be cost prohibiting most states have high fee for non-resident licenses. Believe here in NY. annual non-resident fishing license costs $70.00 per year/resident is $25.00 per year.
Eddie hope all is good and busy Saturday has kept you from posting and not computer problems.
TOM Turkey how is bathroom remodel going no major problems for you I hope .

Have a safe and pleasant evening every one .
Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #12038 on: Mar 25, 2018, 04:41 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Happy Palm Sunday!
  24* with a chance of a few snow showers this am, high near 40. Tried posting twice early yesterday morning, screen froze up both times... :%$#!:

Wally..glad to read you arrived safe and sound in Mass. Interesting choice your grandson made for his science project, hope he did well with it!! Have a safe return trip, crossing fingers you don't have to deal with any traffic or screwballs on the way back!   :thumbsup:
  Jeff..how was the scavenger hunt?
  OG...I imagine Loyola's win last evening really put a hurting on the brackets again, lol. The snow here has finally begun to slowly melt, its going to be awhile yet before it's gone.
  Marv..sounds like you all had a great time between the sports show and concert! Have watched some of the videos from Uncut Angling, wtg picking him out and getting a picture of him with the SIL! Icing on the cake must have been finally meeting up with the guitarist...congratula tions, that's awesome!!   :clap: :bow: :thumbsup:
  Steve..hope you can enjoy some of the day today! Getting closer and closer with the house clean up.... :thumbsup:

Took a ride around the area yesterday looking at a few lakes. Everything still covered with snow, no signs of anyone trying to get out on them....which is a good thing I guess. Weather guessers calling for some warmer weather and some rain coming in this week, that should help knocking down the snow and getting some open water again.
  Trout season is just around the corner now, opens April 1st here. The trout streams are in great condition right now here, hopefully they don't get too crazy from the runoff this week coming.
  Cawfee's brewing and there's a large assortment of Girl Scout Cookies under the dome if anyone's interested.... ;D
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12039 on: Mar 25, 2018, 05:38 AM »
Morning all,

WS......congrats on a fun filled Friday!!!! Glad to hear the weatherman guessed wrong AGAIN  ::) Hope you got rested up ;)

Eddie.....sorry to hear you had some gremlin issues yesterday  :(  my grandson had a good time with the science fair even tho he didn't get a trophy, already talking about ideas for next year  :)

MrC....sounds like the end might be in sight with the house, bet that will be a weight lifted off your shoulders  ;D. apparently flex has less to do with scoring than size and experience, at least that was the conclusion my grandson arrived at  :)

Time to get ready for today's first hockey game, only 2 more to go  @) Then it's homeward bound!!!

Have a good day whatever your plans. Stay safe.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #12040 on: Mar 25, 2018, 06:28 AM »

Good morning Eddie, Wally, ER's,
                          It's 21* and light snow is falling, I hope it's just a snow shower.  ::)
                          Eddie.........There is still plenty of ice up here, some smaller lakes have as much as 20" of ice, and Lake George is still going strong. MW and his wife
                  and son went yesterday and did good on the Lakers in the early morning but died off to quickly!
                          Wally..........Have a good at the hockey games and a safe trip home! :flex:
                          Steve........I bet you and your sister will be glad when the house is finished. :clap:
                          The scavenger hunt was a lot of fun and very informative. It was the first time that "The Chapman" museum did this and there was a good turnout.
                 It cost only $25 per person if you signed up early and $30 if you just showed up. We called in, and they served appetizers and wine, beer, soda and water
                 for no charge. Basically the scavenger hunt was: they gave us  about 30 questions of what was on display and you had to find the answers. The museum is
                 actually the home of Z.I. Chapman a businessman in Glens Falls. Then we went to Olive Garden for dinner. :flex:
                          I guess it was only a snow shower, it has stopped. :clap:
                          This morning we all are going for pancakes at a local Maple Syrup house, this weekend the Town of Thurman has a weekend to promote
                 maple syrup making here and they put on pancake breakfasts so you can sample their syrup. There are 5 syrup making places here in town! :thumbsup:
                          I hope everyone has a good Sunday either at work or out fishing.

IW
                           I

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #12041 on: Mar 25, 2018, 06:42 AM »
Good morning 9:45ers  I have to head over to the house in a bit and finish cleaning out the bed room closet and go through items in basement. Thankfully end is in sight hopefully get legal issue resolved quickly and house listed on real estate market.
Whopper Stopper I watched one of the shorter Uncut Angling videos where Arron was ice fishing for walleye on the Red River. Definitely a character between his eyeglass frames and fish lure ear rings. think you should get some of the ear rings as presents for the "Girls".
Eddie sorry to hear the gremlins paid you a visit yesterday. IS one of your grand daughters a Girl Scout hence the assortment of cookies. I usually stick with the thin mints most cookies for the price sad thing is the Girl Scout only receive a small amount from each purchase.
Wallyworld congratulations to your grandson on his science fair project may is interest in science continue. Looks like Casey Powell maybe correct it is the player's ability not the equipment that makes them a star. Enjoy the hockey games may the grandchildren's teams win. A safe event free return trip home for you and Mr.WW.
Ice Wanderer see you posted your joke of the day. Hope everyone had a good time at scavenger hunt and learned some local history. See you beat me to posting this morning enjoy the pancakes and maple syrup interesting process of how the tree sap becomes syrup are you taking any of the grand children to the breakfast or one of the local sugar houses if they give tours.

A good Palm Sunday to all remember time is running short to get items for Easter goody baskets .
Steve

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12042 on: Mar 25, 2018, 06:44 AM »
Good Morning. 26 and a dusting of snow.

WW, glad the trip went well, enjoy the games.

Eddie, Happy Palm Sunday to you. The wife is heading "out" to church this morning. She usually just watches Mass on TV to avoid the crowds, she has to be care full of people with colds, but today the real thing. My nephew and friends went out yesterday and got into some pretty good perch on a small local lake.

Hope everyone has a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #12043 on: Mar 25, 2018, 07:10 AM »
Happy Palm Sunday to Everyone :bow:

WW sounds like you are having an excellent time :thumbsup: Safe travels on your return trip!

Eddie Thanks for the Girl Scout cookies this morning  :thumbsup: Hope you have an excellent day!

IW enjoy the pancakes! Making maple syrup brings back fond memories, eating it on cakes even better ones :thumbsup:

mr.clean there are a bunch of the Uncut Angling videos, I remember the one you are talking about. One of our favorites was this one

The refreshing part of Aaron is everything is positive and and his videos are suitable for the whole family. The amazing thing is that in the later offerings he is basically a 1 man show doing all the camera work and drone work solo. I have a hard enough time casting and running a motor ???

Not sure what is on the agenda today, Wishing everyone an excellent Sunday no matter what's on the agenda.

WS

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12044 on: Mar 25, 2018, 07:55 AM »
Good morning everyone, there are a few small farms around here that make maple syrup. Homemade maple syrup is the best on waffles and pancakes. Hope everyone has a great day and tight lines to those on the water or ice.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12045 on: Mar 25, 2018, 08:08 AM »
Good Morning ER's  Heard the wind deposited the boat dock back on the ramp.  Think its about time to get a heavier anchor to hold it in place.  Not sure if its back in place or not.  Today is going to be another laid back day.  Should put some ribs in the smoker, and have some for when Kansas takes on Duke in the elite 8 game.

Pancakes sounds like a good choice this morning for me.

More snow for Tuesday.  Might be like the box of chocolate ?  ::)

Stay safe all.

Bud

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #12046 on: Mar 25, 2018, 09:30 AM »
Bud our Gander Outdoors opened the other day. We stopped in there Friday to give it a look over. I had heard so many comments about this and that, but as far as our store goes, it would have just been easier to leave it as was and changed the name on the building. Probably as many if not more guns than Gander Mtn, even Black Rifles, and many makes of handguns and ammo.

The fishing dept. was well stocked and they are back to live bait again. I don't think they will be opening early for bait sales however, so not sure how that will go over.

All the other departments are not only about the same they are in the same locations. If a person was a Gander Mountain fan nothing will be lost at the new Gander Outdoors.

Just thought you may be interested.

WS

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12047 on: Mar 25, 2018, 09:35 AM »
I guess I will try again. I made the wrong move when IFF posted while I was hunting and picking and lost my post.

It has been a busy week with other stuff so I have gotten little done on the bathroom remodel.

The wife put here van up for sale on Fackbook. I have never dealt with so many low ballers and no shows in my life. Friday, I had a guy show up with his dad. I could tell from the start that the guy wanted the van even with the few problems it has.We dicered a little.  I ended up selllig it to him for a little less tha I wa asking but I was good with. I did a lot better than the lowballers that offered half the asking price and got ticked because I would not sell it to them.

WS I am glad that you did not send the latest snow storm our way. Hopefully you do not get the ice that you posted about a while back. We are gussed to s get some rain this week whiich is needed f so we get green up.
I loved that video. I wonder what wold happen to the drone if a big bass came out of no where and took his jig. Could the drone say in the air with a big fish on the line?

MR C I still have no results from the drug screen. I generally only take a single Norco a day to take the edge off of the pain. If it is really bad I will take a second later on. Norco is the only thing I have found that helps. I have been dealing with this for close to 40 years.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #12048 on: Mar 25, 2018, 10:30 AM »
I wonder what wold happen to the drone if a big bass came out of no where and took his jig. Could the drone say in the air with a big fish on the line?

I believe it would be a company write off Lol

Some where I think he mentioned losing 3-4 Drones. I think his are in the $1200- $1500 range.

WS

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #12049 on: Mar 25, 2018, 11:44 AM »
Good morning ER's. It's been awhile since I posted! Just jumping in to let you know I'm still checking the thread and keeping updated! I've just gone through a traumatic experience!! I switched from a flip phone to a Galaxy S8! I feel like the caveman coming out of a cave into the modern era!!  :blink: On top of that, my internet modem had to be reset because it wouldn't recognize my password for WIFI!!  :%$#!: I learned how the phone part worked very quickly!! I'm SLOWLY figuring out how to do things and make settings I need. Thank goodness I have today and tomorrow off to mess with it! You can teach an old dog new tricks, it just takes longer!! I hope everyone has a good day!!  :thumbsup:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline Light liner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Rather be judged by 12 then carried by 6.
« Reply #12050 on: Mar 25, 2018, 12:48 PM »
Thats quite a jump! Theyre a great phone.
Champlain
Memphremagog

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #12051 on: Mar 26, 2018, 01:37 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Clear and 25* on the Hill this am, high of 42 expected here today.

Bud...congrats on the Kansas win last evening and advancing to the Final Four, what a great game!!   :clap: :thumbsup:
  Mike...welcome to the world of smart phones, nice to see you posting!   :thumbsup:
  Lightliner...welcome aboard the 9:45!   :thumbsup:
  Marv...thanks for the video! Could you imagine the face on a tax auditor when they see a $6,000 loss for drones going down...fishing?? Gotta love it!!    :bow: :clap: :roflmao:
  Tom...congrats on holding your ground with the low ballers and selling the van!   :thumbsup:
  I-45...hope you're feeling some relief Sir, best wishes!   :thumbsup:
  H2..I bet it fealt good for your wife to get out and go to church yesterday, good deal. Congrats to your nephew and crew getting on some perch!   :thumbsup:
  Steve...yes, granddaughter is with the Girl Scouts...seems the cookies get smaller and smaller every year!   ;D
  Jeff...sounds like a fun night out! How was the maple syrup yesterday? Best of luck if hunting down those lakers today!   :thumbsup:
  Wally...safe travels back, hope you and Mr.WW held up ok!   :thumbsup:

Starting at 4 again this am, have about 200sq.ft of terrazzo to hammer out before the flow of State workers make their way into work. Will check in to see how everyone's doing today.....cawfee's on, looks like a few DoSiDo's left under the dome.... ;D

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #12052 on: Mar 26, 2018, 04:01 AM »

Good morning Eddie ER's,
                         It's 26* here on my hill, and the weather cat wants to go prowl but with that Fisher about he won't be able to until daylight.  ::)
                         OS........I was never interested in a smart phone until my #2 son and his wife gave me one for my birthday last summer. Now I seem
                to be lost with out it! :woot:
                         Lightiner.....Welcome to the morning addiction! :clap:
                         Eddie..........Just like everything else these days, the price goes up and you get less product! :whistle:
                         Wally.........I hope you had a safe trip home? ???
                         Tom........Maybe you should have written the "Art of the Deal". lol :roflmao:
                         The pancakes were fantastic, the place we went to had pancakes and sausage, coffee, OJ, milk and water for $7 a person, all you can eat! :clap:
                         Jon and I are headed out again this morning for Salmon and Lakers, we will get out as much as we can before the shore goes! :flex:
                         I hope everyone has a good Monday either at work or out fishing!

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #12053 on: Mar 26, 2018, 05:08 AM »
Good Morning Eddie, IW! Good Morning Everyone! :bow:

WW May your ride home be uneventful, Hope you two had a great time :thumbsup:

Eddie hope you and the crew have an Excellent week. Stay safe Sir! :thumbsup:

We have big pancake flakes falling at the moment and it's supposed to turn to rain later. Yesterday I got bored so I split a load of spruce for the wood pile. I didn't unload it because of the soft yard but now may have to wait until tomorrow to unload when the sun is supposed to return. It looks like it will take about 2 or 3 more loads to get through the pile I gathered last week.

Hope you all have a good Monday :thumbsup: Stay safe!

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12054 on: Mar 26, 2018, 06:58 AM »
WS
Your talking of splitting spruce apparently for burning for heat caught me by surprise until I remembered that you had an out side wood burner. When my brother moved back from Alaska he was always telling me that he saw some stacks of logs he thought I could get for firewood. I asked him if they were pine. he said yes. He got nasty when I told him that we do not burn pine unless it is in an out side stove because of chimney fires. Spruce and pine was abought all he could get to burn in AK. He said chimney fires were no concern. I asked him if he ever saw what happened to a chimney with clay liners after a chimney fire. He must have had a chimney made of steel pipe to withstand that many chimney fires. You have to know my brother to know that he is always right and I I am always wrong.

You see a lot of loads of small pine going thru here headed to a plant that makes land scape timbers. It least it is getting used instead of rotting in the woods.

I have not bought any Girl Scout cookies since I heard how the girls selling them were only getting a pittance of the money. Thin Mints were my down fall as a box would not last very long. I would rather give the $$ right to the troop and skip the cookies.

I nedd to gt offmy butt and get some stuff burned and some leves cleaned up before the wind kicks up. Rain guessed for tonight but it is supposed to warm up for a couple ddays. Snow guessed for later this week.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12055 on: Mar 26, 2018, 07:23 AM »
Good Morning ER's  Looks like I will be seeing more snow tonight through Thursday, so says my guessers.  Might be more of the wet kind, but the lawn will love it. March is usually our big month for snow.  See a lot of Robins stopping in for a drink of water.  So maybe spring is almost here.

Marv you split that wood by hand ?  I see some postings on FB at Gander re-openings and see they will be stocking bicycles also.  Maybe I will be riding one of those e-bikes sooner than I think.  ;)  We might have our Gunsmith back at the one by me.  Hope it will have live bait too.

Jeff good luck on your next outing.

Eddie,  I notice the Mrs fingernails are a lot shorter today, now I am wondering how long its going to take for mine to grow out now too.

Sorry bout that Tom, I figured out how to scroll down when I get the red warning. See you just posted.

Got some errands to get out of the way, and one of not one of my priorities, get a hair cut.  ::) and secure by boat cover before the rain/snow kicks in.

Stay safe all.

Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #12056 on: Mar 27, 2018, 03:35 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  24* and calm this am, high of 44 today.  Still quite a bit of snow on the ground here, but these milder sunny days are starting to take their toll on it. Yesterday was actually the first day I noticed that the snow banks coming up the mountain have finally gotten below the tops of the guardrails, lol.

Bud...hope the snow out your way doesn't amount to much, best of luck in the Final Four!   :thumbsup:
  Tom...I've rebuilt several chimneys over the years that have had chimney fires, lucky they didn't burn the whole house down. Recall one homeowner in particular telling me the noise it made was absolutely horrifying.
  Marv...thanks for the pictures, think my arms are aching.... ;D...got some work ahead of you! Abraham Lincoln once said, "Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe. "  Not sure if you're hand splitting or not, but thought the quote was fitting!   :thumbsup:
  Jeff...hope the fishing was good yesterday, and better today! Looking forward to your report!   :thumbsup:

Second time trying to post again this am, running out of time...but the cawfee's on!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #12057 on: Mar 27, 2018, 03:59 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                             It's 28* and clear here on my hill another nice day ahead!
                             Marv..........That;s a lot of splitting, good job! :flex:
                             Eddie.......Yesterday was good out on the ice, it was warm in the sun, I was able to land 5 Lakers, today we're going in close to the brook and see if we
                   can coax some Salmon. :thumbsup: I haven't had any Gremlin issues since I got my new laptop! :flex:
                             Bud.......You're getting snow, what happened to the 70* temps? ???
                             Tom.......Chimney fires are no laughing matter around here, it is the major cause of house fires in the winter. ::)
                              hope everyone has a good Tuesday either at work or at play!

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #12058 on: Mar 27, 2018, 06:06 AM »
Good morning Eddie, IW! Good Morning Everyone :bow:

I have another load of wood to empty first thing this morning then back to the pile to see if I can finish. I am guessing I will need a partial 4th load.

Bud no splitting by hand. The spruce would have made beautiful paneling as it is all knots and twists. Cracking it with my trusty Fiskars splitting axe would of been a nightmare :woot: It worked much better using 24 ton of persuasion with a 4 way splitting attachment

I use the 4 way to quarter it, then do each piece a second time. It's by no means fast but works pretty well.

TT I hear you on burning pine or spruce. I actually do have a wood stove in my downstairs family room. I have a stainless steel liner in my chimney which sure makes cleaning easy. However 99% of what I burn is either red or white oak. The spruce I acquired wasn't by choice, I am just trying to make the most of it. I will use a little for fire starting and then to stoke the fire up if I find a few embers. The vast majority will be burnt in my outdoor fire pit and I am hoping it will lead to a few BQ chicken dinners.

10 years ago I went through this same problem when I acquired 7 cord of willow from a big old brute that I couldn’t get rid of. I finally finished that pile off last year so am looking forward to the snap and crackle of the spruce.

Hope you all have an Excellent Tuesday! Above all stay safe.

WS

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12059 on: Mar 27, 2018, 06:11 AM »
Good Morning ER's good luck on the ice today IW. Marv that's a big load. Bud the J Hawks survived hope the nails hold up. I see ww out in the hallway might have to see if there are cookies coming in.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.