Author Topic: breathe warm polarwrap heat exchanger  (Read 1428 times)

Offline hollis

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
breathe warm polarwrap heat exchanger
« on: Nov 30, 2003, 11:45 AM »
Cabella's has these (in Christmas cat they are on pg 183) wondering if anyone has tried them. Supposed to save much heat from breathing loss,..a bit expensive for just a balaclava but this one talks about a thermal exchange device and they claim to save 40% of heat loss.  (over a reg head gear) This would be great for deep cold ,..IF it indeed does work,..anyone know of this?

Offline Barleydog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • MMMM Fish!
Re:breathe warm polarwrap heat exchanger
« Reply #1 on: Nov 30, 2003, 01:12 PM »
Hollis, I am curious as to how well these units work and "if" I can use them with glasses???  
TEAM ALASKA

Offline hollis

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
Re:breathe warm polarwrap heat exchanger
« Reply #2 on: Nov 30, 2003, 03:52 PM »
Since posting this I have spent a bit of time researching web sites,..most posts comming from duck/deer hunters sitting for a long time. They make claims as to they were shivering and put on the mask and stopped and felt definately warmer,..other posts were from backpackers that were mixed,..some felt they couldn't do long exertions(ie hiking) as it cut down a bit on breathing. others thought it was a good thing to have anyway for sitting around at nite, maybe sleeping ( however you have to breath thru your mouth.) The one post I saw about glasses liked the product because it moved your exhaled air to the bottom of the mask keeping it away from your glasses/goggles. Perhaps the web site has more on that aspect. One web site had a video about a trade show where they invited people to go into a very cold deep freeze,..told to wait until they got cold and started to shiver,..then put the mask on,..apparenty people stopped shivereing and stated they got feeling warmer w/o additional clothes.

quote author=Barleydog link=board=1;threadid=4638;start=0#msg40134 date=1070219561]
Hollis, I am curious as to how well these units work and "if" I can use them with glasses???  

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.