Author Topic: Panhandle  (Read 6717 times)

Offline riske

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Panhandle
« Reply #60 on: Feb 05, 2010, 10:09 PM »
400 yds in the direction of what channel ? The outlet?  and from where?  GPS cord.?

That's cool I wouldnt mind finding some cats.  I am still trying to find them on Cocolalla.

Offline Big_Z

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #61 on: Feb 06, 2010, 12:17 AM »
400 yds in the direction of what channel ? The outlet?  and from where?  GPS cord.?

That's cool I wouldnt mind finding some cats.  I am still trying to find them on Cocolalla.

I have seen alot of bullheads caught out of Cave lake this year.

Offline thegrubblet

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #62 on: Feb 06, 2010, 03:27 AM »
400yds to the outlet of the upper lake.  east of the launch.   too silver to be bullheads... to much fork in the tail...

Offline riske

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #63 on: Feb 06, 2010, 09:21 AM »
Silver and a Forked tail sound like Channels to me.  Thats cool.  How deep is the water there and how thick is the ice?

Offline riske

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #64 on: Feb 06, 2010, 10:30 AM »
Anyone been out this week? or headed out today?

Offline BlueDuck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #65 on: Feb 10, 2010, 05:46 PM »
Anyone been out?  I drove by Cocolalla today and saw one guy on the ice.  Went by round lake and no one was on the lake.  Went by the condos and the ice is totally gone.

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #66 on: Feb 10, 2010, 08:08 PM »
I had a lash at it Monday in the Sunnyside and bay area. A bit of forethought caused me to wear the hip-waders and travel lite, with only a spud. Almost made it out to the ice. Only fell down twice and managed to extract myself both times. Threw the spud at the best ice and it went thru. Very major workout getting out of the boot-suckin' mud - first big sweat since last summer. May this be a warning to others at my expense, stay off.
Be sure and take your cell out with you - for the 911 rescue.

Did anyone check out the fish wrapper front page picture of the "Bucket Brigade" on Cocalalla, today?

BC Daily Bee = fish wrapper.

;)

Offline thegrubblet

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #67 on: Feb 12, 2010, 03:47 PM »
i/m guessing the water was about 14... i let my jig and bait go to the bottom and then realed in my line 6".  the ice was about 12" back then.... super bowl weekend the ice was about 10"... i havent been out this weekend but from what i heard where the water runs out of the channel in to lower the ice is gone past the 1st point... and where the water runs in to the channel from upper twin the ice is gone 100+ yards in to the upper lake.

Offline riske

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #68 on: Feb 13, 2010, 09:03 AM »
I think I am done with the hard water stuff.  I think I am headed to the CFR today.  If I can get my buddy to go up there.  He wants to hit Hayden.  We will see.

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #69 on: Feb 14, 2010, 01:07 AM »
This just in... The Condo Del Sol "ice pack/sheet" was seen going down the Pend Oreille River as it passed Springy Point. It was void of gear and persons. That was Friday.

And now, Sunday, a report came in from Sunnyside/Oden Bay area that had ice at darkthirty last night but, all gone at first light. That piece of ice was over 2 1/2 miles long.
                                                                                       :o

Tom

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.