The ice fishing MN boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Portable houses need licensing???  (Read 1291 times)

Offline skogie1

• IceShanty Rookie
  • I fish, therefore I eat
Portable houses need licensing???
« on: Nov 20, 2017, 03:41 PM »
Read somewhere that we now have to license portables in MN the way permanents are licensed. Anyone else heard of this?
You can wish in one hand and crap in the other and see which gets filled first.

Offline greenbulldog

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Portable houses need licensing???
« Reply #1 on: Nov 20, 2017, 04:44 PM »
Before the law considered a wheelhouse type house was "portable" thus didnt need a license if it wasnt left unoccupied on the ice.  Wheelhouses are now not considered portable and needs a shelter license. 
If you have a flip type, suitcase, hub etc that is folded you still dont need a shelter license as before.

Offline tm37

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Nov 20, 2017, 07:27 PM »
Before the law considered a wheelhouse type house was "portable" thus didnt need a license if it wasnt left unoccupied on the ice.  Wheelhouses are now not considered portable and needs a shelter license. 
If you have a flip type, suitcase, hub etc that is folded you still dont need a shelter license as before.

But you can not be more than 200 feet away from it :)

Offline BeenShanty

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Nov 21, 2017, 09:40 AM »
Read the same - 200ft rule with your pop-up/flip.  Eskimos come with that window sleeve and safety-pin deal.  Think i'll print and stuff for peace of mind.  Definitely make the 200ft+ dash on the sled and in search of new spots and would hate to receive a fine in the mail.  Anyone know what that fine sets you back?

Offline greenbulldog

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Nov 21, 2017, 04:52 PM »
But you can not be more than 200 feet away from it :)

Yup, I read the article and blew by that part.  How dumb, houses under the new definition of portables are rarely left unattended for too long anyway, at least by me.  I still use a suitcase clam 6800, if a gust of wind hammers it that bugger turns into a big sail if a person isnt in.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.