Author Topic: Blue Perch  (Read 19375 times)

Offline mattg

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Blue Perch
« Reply #60 on: Jan 12, 2011, 01:27 PM »
Every 1 in 1 million lobsters are blue theres another color i think green thats one in every 10 million
never heard of a blue crawfish before

yellow is the one rarer than blue for lobsters.  Rarer yet are albinos

Offline terry fish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #61 on: Jan 12, 2011, 02:09 PM »
Ya know, I have been sitting here thinking about this blue perch. Perch are yellow and green as we all know. We also know that all things have certain pigmentation characteristics within our gene pool depending on the species. The fact that a blue perch lacks yellow in some, and lacks green in all tells me that the yellow part of the gene is missing in some of these fish, because if ya know your primary colors you will understand that it takes yellow and blue to make green. So a blue perch in my opinion is just lacking yellow in its pigment makeup. I also understand that things exposed to high amounts on nitrogen can become blue-ish in color like a blue spruce, thus negating the yellow from green leaving blue.   That's my take on that.
Fish on !

Offline Goatskin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #62 on: Jan 13, 2011, 10:30 AM »
yellow is the one rarer than blue for lobsters.  Rarer yet are albinos
Yeah i knew it was some other really odd color not green. Ive never even heard or seen of an albino lobster.

Offline lives2fish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #63 on: Jan 13, 2011, 10:44 AM »
Do the blue perch get as large as the yellows?
Their kinda neat looking.
Or maybe they are just really cold.... ;)
Sorry, bad joke :tipup:
No, I mean I REALLY REALLY LOVE TO FISH!!!

Offline Bellybuster

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #64 on: Jan 13, 2011, 10:59 AM »
Or maybe they are just really cold.... ;)

then be a nice fella and warm them poor little fish up......in the frying pan!!!!

cool lookin fish, I haven't seen one of those in many many years
There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.
--Stephen Wright

Offline TheDL

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #65 on: Jan 13, 2011, 11:16 AM »
cool looking fish!

those blue crayfish are ridiculous?!  Did you use 'em for bait?  Catch and orange bass?
Tight lines

Offline c.r.rick

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • fishing and hunting ducks and bucks
« Reply #66 on: Jan 15, 2011, 11:21 PM »
the blue crawfish are rare but the blue perch are not as rare in certain lakes.  its in the fertility of the water and the genetics of the fish.  such as there are different shades of blue gills and sunfish and different shades of catfish crappies and bass.  there are yellow bass white bass.  even large mouth bass look different in certain waters ive caught them where they look almost all green in one lake then almost white and grey in another.  we even see this color event in duck hunting some more vibrant then others and some very drab and no its not just the plumedge i know young birds are drab but ive shot old drake mallards that were very pail in there coloring even seen pike with very faint spots and others were so dark and beautiful so my 2 cents say its genetics and water fertility
early to bed early to rise fish like h.e.l.l. and think up lies.

Offline 4cator

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Will ya look at that pig!!
« Reply #67 on: Jan 15, 2011, 11:56 PM »
Interesting pics,

thanks for sharing
All tyranny needs to succeed, is for men of good conscience to remain silent.    Thomas Jefferson.

Offline knot2crappie

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #68 on: Jan 19, 2011, 03:55 AM »
My ice buddy caught one of those my first year fishing with him in 2002. His was about 12" long. He should of had it mounted

Offline adkwiley

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #69 on: Jan 28, 2011, 06:09 AM »
caught my first blue this year, then proceeded to catch numerous of them through the day.  Went from never catching one to catching at least 10.

Offline allcaughtup

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #70 on: Jan 28, 2011, 03:52 PM »
put the darn thing on a tip up...get some color selection...that is sweet ;D ;D :tipup:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.