Author Topic: Alaska Fish Trap & Sullivan Tip Down Automatic Jigging Machine  (Read 1115 times)

Offline spiltmilt

• Team IceShanty Regular
Here in Washington state we are only allowed to run two rods. A lot of anglers in the region don't seem to take advantage of the two pole endorsement so I put together a short video showing some of the tactics I use to double my odds of catching fish out on the ice. In this video I feature the Alaska Fish Trap by Alaska Salmon Bear and a Sullivan Tip Down jigging machine.

Offline Brandon

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Alaska Fish Trap & Sullivan Tip Down Automatic Jigging Machine
« Reply #1 on: Dec 03, 2018, 08:56 PM »
I am watching that jigging rod device and seeing a lot of lost fish using it or fish that swallow the bait.  Desn't seem the greatest.  Jaw Jacker has some out with a jigging base now and the hook sets automatically and prevents deep hooking.  Maybe better option.

What's the cost on that one. 
THE FISHING DOCTORS ADVENTURES https://www.youtube.com/user/Brandonkop

Offline spiltmilt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 03, 2018, 11:14 PM »
I am watching that jigging rod device and seeing a lot of lost fish using it or fish that swallow the bait.  Desn't seem the greatest.  Jaw Jacker has some out with a jigging base now and the hook sets automatically and prevents deep hooking.  Maybe better option.

What's the cost on that one.

They run about $100. I agree that you need aggressive takes in order for the fish to get hooked on the auto jigging machines. I know it performed poorly for kokanee but does fine for perch and trout. I'll have to check out the JawJacker jigging machine.

Big fan of your YouTube and Insta feeds. Keep it up.

Offline Brandon

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Dec 04, 2018, 04:10 AM »
They run about $100. I agree that you need aggressive takes in order for the fish to get hooked on the auto jigging machines. I know it performed poorly for kokanee but does fine for perch and trout. I'll have to check out the JawJacker jigging machine.

Big fan of your YouTube and Insta feeds. Keep it up.

Thanks a lot for the comments.  Will do.  I just got some of the jigging jaw jacker bases so hopefully later this month I'll get to use them and post some videos with how they work.  Thanks for your video as well!
THE FISHING DOCTORS ADVENTURES https://www.youtube.com/user/Brandonkop

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.