Author Topic: lowrance elite 4  (Read 963 times)

Offline delta9

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • hard water is great
lowrance elite 4
« on: Dec 09, 2012, 11:45 AM »
I have a lowrance elite 4 that I bought for my boat, has anyone used one on ice? I have a vex fl-18 would it be worth the expense to switch the lowrance to a iceducer.
:icefish:

Offline Woodsman

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: lowrance elite 4
« Reply #1 on: Dec 09, 2012, 12:23 PM »
If you have the Elite 4 and not the Elite 4x than you have GPS which can be a great asset in finding & returning to spots.
If you like using a sonar screen with it's history instead of a flasher screen than getting a transducer for it is a good move.
I myself prefer the sonar screen.
The Elite 4/4x is the replacement for the X67/68 series. Many users swear by the x67/68 units.

Living proof that "beer builds better bellies"

Offline delta9

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • hard water is great
« Reply #2 on: Dec 09, 2012, 12:54 PM »
If you have the Elite 4 and not the Elite 4x than you have GPS which can be a great asset in finding & returning to spots.
If you like using a sonar screen with it's history instead of a flasher screen than getting a transducer for it is a good move.
I myself prefer the sonar screen.
The Elite 4/4x is the replacement for the X67/68 series. Many users swear by the x67/68 units.
Dang I wrote a nice reply and didn't realise my log in time expired and lost it. ???

Thanks for the info, I did not know the relationship to the X67/68 units. I have been doing some research looks like they like their power. I wonder how many hours a battery would last. Haven't found any accessory's yet. looks like I'll need.
     1) Battery
     2) battery charger
     3) power cord
     4) Cary case
     5) Transducer ( what choices there are?)

It is the elite 4X, hey if its economical sure would beat having my son in law setting on my lap to watch the vex. I have plenty of time for research, has to wait till after Xmas.

Offline nute7810

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • OFFICIAL LURKER.....of the Bikini Ice Fishing Team
« Reply #3 on: Dec 09, 2012, 01:01 PM »
I fished with an fl5 and then fl8 for 20+ years, I tried my m68 off of the trolling motor on the boat once...8 years ago and sold the vexilars, now I use my 520 off the boat and the kid has the m68. They both have flasher mode but I prefer the chart mode.
everything you need I think
http://www.cabelas.com/product/Lowrance-Portable-Ice-Kit-Pack/1090349.uts?Ntk=AllProducts&searchPath=%2Fcatalog%2Fsearch.cmd%3Fform_state%3DsearchForm%26N%3D0%26fsch%3Dtrue%26Ntk%3DAllProducts%26Ntt%3Dlowrance%2Bice%26x%3D15%26y%3D9%26WTz_l%3DHeader%253BSearch-All%2BProducts&Ntt=lowrance+ice&WTz_l=Header%3BSearch-All+Products

Offline delta9

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • hard water is great
« Reply #4 on: Dec 09, 2012, 01:29 PM »
Thanks for the link nute, even having that info I still can't find it on my own. >:( saved me alot of time for sure.

Offline jbird68

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Dec 09, 2012, 06:54 PM »
I wanted the 4x for my boat. Previously I was looking at the eagle 480 with gps. The 480 has a larger screen than the 4x. Why did they make the screens smaller on the newer units?
jbird68

Offline strike1st

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 11, 2012, 08:41 PM »
Save the hassle and buy the ppp-18i pack. I've found them for 120 online. Bag, battery, transducer, float and tackle boxes.

Here it is at reeds but they want $150 free ship.

http://www.reedssports.com/Product/product.taf?_function=detail&_ID=23166&pc=1591
"All men have fears, but the brave put down their fears and go forward, sometimes to death, but always to victory" motto of the King's Guard in ancient Greece.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.