Author Topic: another hunting and fishing store gone with the wind.  (Read 3490 times)

Offline Lv2hunt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Don't get your Shanty pantys in a bunch!!
Not sure whos heard but wildlife sport outfitters in Manchester is closing, not sure when but they are having a sale on everything in the store. I heard he's liquidating the inventory and selling the property. If anyone is looking for new gear I'd call them or check it out.
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day teach him how to fish and he will sit there and drink all day!!

Offline Steve H.

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: another hunting and fishing store gone with the wind.
« Reply #1 on: Nov 29, 2023, 07:34 AM »
Sorry to hear this.  Suds and now Wildlife.  Bad news.

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Nov 29, 2023, 11:20 AM »
Wow! I thought that store did well…guess not. Probably online sales and online deer checking killed it.?

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Nov 29, 2023, 11:42 AM »
DAMN IT!! I just moved down there, was going to be my go-to for bait. Where else can I go? I'm 2 miles from the rotary.
Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Nov 29, 2023, 12:12 PM »
DAMN IT!! I just moved down there, was going to be my go-to for bait. Where else can I go? I'm 2 miles from the rotary.
Take a ride get there…maybe they are selling the bait business to someone local?

Offline Lv2hunt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Nov 29, 2023, 02:52 PM »
Pawtuckaway trading post I'm sure will step up right in Raymond
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day teach him how to fish and he will sit there and drink all day!!

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Nov 30, 2023, 01:37 PM »
Take a ride get there…maybe they are selling the bait business to someone local?

Good point, I will stop in.
Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Offline Lv2hunt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Dec 13, 2023, 08:40 AM »
So wildlife just posted they are staying open through ice fishing season and will have bait till ice season is over.

Offline Steve H.

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Dec 13, 2023, 09:58 AM »
So wildlife just posted they are staying open through ice fishing season and will have bait till ice season is over.

Thanks for the update.

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Dec 14, 2023, 12:24 PM »
I've been meaning to stop in, I'll get a chance after the holidays I'm sure.

Offline Lv2hunt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Jan 05, 2024, 01:46 PM »
Well i guess lack of ice was the nail in the coffin Wildlife will be closing at the end of the day today for good i just found out.

Offline Fishin_603

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Jan 05, 2024, 04:01 PM »
Well i guess lack of ice was the nail in the coffin Wildlife will be closing at the end of the day today for good i just found out.

Damn thats really a bummer, I’ve gone there sense I was a kid, nice and close to me. I was hoping they were going to pull through this winter

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #12 on: Jan 05, 2024, 04:22 PM »
Thats too bad but everyone has to retire sooner or later. To bad they didn’t have someone to take it over.
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline Stump17

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Jan 07, 2024, 06:10 AM »
That changed again, they are staying open, again.

Offline Fishin_603

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Jan 07, 2024, 06:20 AM »

Love this ^

Offline Deepwaters

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Jan 14, 2024, 05:45 PM »

I think they closed the doors for good. I was in there last weekend and the place was pretty close to empty.

It really sucks. I went to that place every time for bait. Awesome people and I’ll miss them. Last years mild winter hurt them big time, this year is more of the same. Pair that with this wonderful economy and it’s hard to make it work.

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Feb 08, 2024, 03:59 PM »
Bait tanks are sold, business is done for good.

Offline Uppervalley Kid

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #17 on: Feb 14, 2024, 07:37 PM »
Tackle shack in Newbury is closing. Said someone is going to rent the space and still sell bait out of the location. Hopefully it lasts, nothing around that area otherwise. It’s too bad, they had a gun shop too.
....¸><((((º>
.··´¯`·.¸.·><((((º>
·.¸.·´¯`·...¸.·><((((º>

Offline bikrsrule

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #18 on: Feb 15, 2024, 10:58 AM »
Tackle shack in Newbury is closing. Said someone is going to rent the space and still sell bait out of the location. Hopefully it lasts, nothing around that area otherwise. It’s too bad, they had a gun shop too.
   Went by there last saturday and was surprised to see they were closed on derby weekend, I am guessing their meredith location is doing well, they just moved to a bigger location in Meredith just off 104

Offline Lv2hunt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Feb 15, 2024, 01:09 PM »
The Meredith location was packed Friday stopped in for bait was a pretty good line!

Offline denali

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #20 on: Feb 15, 2024, 02:39 PM »
Bass Pro comes in, drives every bait shop out of town, and then can't be bothered to handle bait. I live near Hooksett and end up going to Meredith now, great store, but still
Some people spend their entire life wondering if they’ve made a difference in this world. The Marines don’t have that problem...President Ronald Reagan

Offline burgerunh

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Feb 15, 2024, 03:16 PM »
There's definitely an opportunity for someone who wants to make some money selling bait in Manchester.  The problem is I think it is tough to make much money selling bait.  The ice seasons have gotten very short / non existent in southern NH.  I agree that Bass Pro should step up and sell some bait.  They sell plenty of garbage in that store that nobody needs in NH.  I will admit that they have done a better job catering to the NH fishery the last couple of years.  Bait sales in southern NH needs to be an auxiliary to another business, Not the primary business.  Use it as something that drives traffic to your store where people buy other "stuff" like food, beer, tackle, etc.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.