The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Lakes/Ponds around Killington  (Read 860 times)

Offline WizBang

• IceShanty Rookie
Lakes/Ponds around Killington
« on: Feb 11, 2024, 12:41 PM »
Howdy All,  Trying to firm up plans for February Vacation.  Taking wife, 14 yo, 12yo, and 8 yo for our annual ice fishing outing.  Kids want to work in a day at Killington.  So I am looking for an airbnb somewhere in that area.  What is ice like on Bomoseen and in the general area?  Any other pond or place reccomendations?

Offline EyERipLip

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Above the Ice, under the influence
Re: Lakes/Ponds around Killington
« Reply #1 on: Feb 11, 2024, 01:54 PM »
I heard on another thread there WAS 6” near the island on bomo. I haven’t personally been out there and it has been very warm the last few days here. Also heard that st Catherine’s wich is a lil south of bomo hasn’t had very good ice and heard there was still open water. Chittenden reservoir isn’t far from there but also dont know the conditions there. Tends to lock up better as it’s higher in elevation and in a bit of a cold pocket. I’d be very careful wherever you go it has been an awful season for ice this year. As I said I haven’t been to any of these places to check the ice maybe someone else has more info. Just wanted to say be cautious especially with younger kids. Hope you find some ice to fish on

Offline pikeaddict

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Feb 11, 2024, 06:34 PM »
Call toms bait before you head up and they can give you an idea on conditions. I was on 5-6in of mostly clear black ice of crystal beach Thursday. Chittenden reservoir should have as much or more. Fished kent pond yesterday and there was no less than 12in there.

Offline Brochet

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 26, 2024, 06:49 PM »
Chittenden Reservoir had 12 inches of solid ice yesterday.  Went there Friday for a quick scouting trip and caught a few perch, came back Sunday for more perch and was lucky to get a keeper walleye. 

Special regulations on the reservoir restrict you to 1 walleye per day, and it must be 18" to 20" to keep, anything out that narrow size range must go back.  Hopefully there will be some real trophy walleyes in there in a couple years.  This one was 18.25 inches so it became dinner:

beautiful day out there too

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.