Author Topic: Jan 10th this past weekend?  (Read 4290 times)

Offline vancouvercanuck

• Team IceShanty Addict
Jan 10th this past weekend?
« on: Jan 12, 2004, 10:38 AM »
Did anyone go out this past weekend? How did you all do? I was reading in the general chit chat about the full moon making it real slow for the fishies. I found it very slow on Sunday. We went to Burnstick Lake. Didn't see too many other people catching lots either.

Offline Oagie

• IceShanty Rookie
Re:Jan 10th this past weekend?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 12, 2004, 12:46 PM »
We went to Gull on Saturday.  We caught a couple whites, some perch and a few pike, including one that was 16lbs.  I would say it was an average day for us.  Other than the white fish, typically we have more action with them.

BTW, one of the guys I work with was on Burnstick with a few of his friends on Sunday as well.  They caught a few during the day but the best luck in the morning.  But all and all they it was slow too.  His name is Bruce C*****.  For all I know he might have been part of your group.

Offline bushbunny

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • He who has the gold makes the rules!!!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 12, 2004, 01:36 PM »
Went to Kinnaird, and slaughtered the perch, a limit of 12" & up, with 14", the biggest.  Took my one walleye out of their too, about 5 lbs.  I actually caught quite a few walleye while fishing exclusively for perch!!

Offline sco22

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 12, 2004, 04:13 PM »
Hey Bushbunny.  Long time no chat.

I am thinking of heading up to Jackson, Blackett and Kinnaird this weekend.  Sounds like the fishing is good.  Is there are lot of people out on the ice?  

I am going to try to come on from the South this time.  If you remember my posts from last year, I usually go to Touchwood and then across to Spencer or go out to Jackson from there.  I saw some directions on the board and I will give it a go.  

Cheers!

Offline bushbunny

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • He who has the gold makes the rules!!!
« Reply #4 on: Jan 12, 2004, 06:53 PM »
Spencer has been fantastic!!!  We were there last weekend, came home with our 2 walleyes, limits of perch(12+) & some jacks.  I thought that I would try Kinnaird this past weekend.  Some of the other guys went back to Spencer and slaughtered again!!

Offline Nuke Ab

• IceShanty Rookie
  • If they're there,....... we'll get'm up!!
« Reply #5 on: Jan 12, 2004, 07:14 PM »
Where on burtstick were ya? I was there too, with two dogs and a green dodge. Were you there with mixed company, and a few kids? How did you make out? I think that you might have fished our holes as we were leaving. Were you guys in a  blue " yoda "? How many did you get?
Tight lines!

Offline sco22

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #6 on: Jan 13, 2004, 11:22 AM »
Thanks Bushbunny!

So is Spencer better than Kinnaird/Jackson/Blackett right now?  It is a fair way to go, but I am quite anxious.  Going to Blackett would likely cut about an hour off the trip, so I am thinking. . .

How busy are those lakes right now?

Offline vancouvercanuck

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Jan 13, 2004, 11:36 AM »
Where on burtstick were ya?

On the same shore as the boat launch, east of it though.

Were you there with mixed company, and a few kids?

I was with Alpinehigh and Rog if that counts as kids.....ok so yes I was with a couple kids. ;D ;D

Were you guys in a  blue " yoda "?

Nope a charcoal Dakota Quad Cab.

How many did you get?

At least thirty or so, nothing big though. Last time we went we couldn't keep the jumbo's off the line.

Cheers,

Offline Nuke Ab

• IceShanty Rookie
  • If they're there,....... we'll get'm up!!
« Reply #8 on: Jan 13, 2004, 07:47 PM »
Right on! We had a mixed day and we only managed one 12"er but the rest were in the 9" range. It must not have been you beside us as we were on the east side of the lake! See ya out there!
Tight lines!

Offline vancouvercanuck

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Jan 14, 2004, 11:20 AM »
It must not have been you beside us as we were on the east side of the lake! See ya out there!

We were on the east side of the lake as well. We fished the 20' flat.

sweet446

Re: Jan 10th this past weekend?
« Reply #10 on: Feb 11, 2004, 01:53 PM »
does anybody like perch?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.