Author Topic: New ShowDown Ice-Troller  (Read 16535 times)

surflizard

Re: New ShowDown Ice-Troller
« Reply #30 on: Dec 23, 2010, 09:40 AM »
They don't float, but they do come with a neck lanyard though ! the Perfomance Pack holds it the same way the Vex's and other portable fish finders packs do. The performance pack worked great on the ice last weekend !

Offline stinkypete

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Dec 24, 2010, 01:14 AM »
Just opened mine today couldn't wait for the 25th.  Hope to use it in the morning.

Offline stumper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Never settle for less
« Reply #32 on: Dec 24, 2010, 06:01 PM »
Got about 12 hrs of use on mine. Took some getting used to, once I had it set up it was pretty slick. For now its mounted on top of a bucket via a ram mount.

Offline erikphillips

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Dec 25, 2010, 10:33 AM »
the old lady was sick of seeing me try to use the thing in the aquarium so she let me out for a few hours this morning. it worked great after i figured out what i was doing with it. I wasn’t able to get a depth through the ice, even after i tried to put water on the ice first.....maybe a sensitivity adjustment? had a blast with it though, amazed at how many fish look at the jig and don’t bite. The only issue i has was when i put the batteries in, the clip broke. Hopefully they will replace just the backing and won’t have to swap the whole unit. Decided to loop the lanyard around my boot to make sure it didn’t go in.

Offline pannyjigger

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #34 on: Dec 27, 2010, 10:54 PM »
I bought the Showdown Troller with a giftcard and had a chance to try it out today.  I absolutely loved how it worked.  It put me on fish very quickly (about the sixth hole I drilled) and seemed very accurate as well.  The target separation and lack of zoom feature did not bother me at all.  I was in about 10 feet of water, had the range set to "20 feet" and was locked onto a school of bluegills for almost 3 hours.  This is a much better day than I had ever had at the lake I was at.

I am using this as my primary unit.  Instead of buying the performance pack, I built a wooden box that holds the unit locked in place with a bolt, tilts the unit for maximum viewing from my bucket and has extra storage for the cord and float (bought a Vexilar float to use- I don't like those flimsy arms).  This set-up prevents the unit from falling down the hole.  The weight is a non-issue as it is still quite light.  I chose this unit partly because of cost and because the sound of the flashers drove me nuts (have had prior experience with them).  I know most of you think I'm crazy, but a lot of the enjoyment of ice fishing for me is the peace and quiet of it.

pannyjigger

Offline strike1st

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Jan 01, 2011, 06:30 PM »
Nice to hear about the lanyard!

Interesting idea!
"All men have fears, but the brave put down their fears and go forward, sometimes to death, but always to victory" motto of the King's Guard in ancient Greece.

Offline stinkypete

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Jan 03, 2011, 08:04 PM »
Got to use mine a couple times this past week and loved it,  I was able to get depth through about 10" of clear ice.  The target seperation was fine on small perch could see a small jig and the fish coming up to take it. Was surprised to to see so many fish that i couldn't feel or see on the spring bobber.  The performance pack came today so will try it this weekend.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.