Author Topic: I MADE A SHELF FOR MY FLIP OVER  (Read 11257 times)

Offline $ignmoney

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • My wife and I had words, I did't get to use mine
I MADE A SHELF FOR MY FLIP OVER
« on: Nov 24, 2012, 06:19 AM »
I made this last year and it worked out great! Since photo tho I added a routed out area and installed  a plastic dish. When the wind blows hard it shakes whats on the shelf off it. Since I added dish (my dish is 4 round x 1/4" deep) it works great! You make one like it post photos! I want to see what you guys come up with.  THIS IS NOT MY IDEA, I GOT IT FROM OTHER SHANTY MEMBERS!

Offline fish333

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: I MADE A SHELF FOR MY FLIP OVER
« Reply #1 on: Nov 24, 2012, 06:33 AM »
Thank's for sharing that idea. I like it and I am going to make one for me and my son.

Offline wiredstone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Nov 24, 2012, 06:42 AM »
I like it. Great idea :thumbsup:
MAY YOUR FLAGS FLY HIGH & YOUR LINES BE TIGHT.

Offline TrikerJohn

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Nov 24, 2012, 06:49 AM »
Thank you Sir!

It was nice that you mentioned it wasn't your idea, just makes me like it that much more. I will have at least one and maybe two by the time the ice is here! Thanks again!!! :icefish:
I may not agree with what you say, but I will fight for your right to say it....

Offline fish-kabob

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Nov 24, 2012, 07:06 AM »
i would add a rod holder to it . since your right handed "looks like cause the shelf is on the right"  i would angle it so the rod tipps sit over the hole. from right to left maybe even a mount for the fish fineder too... like the x67c or vex if you use them . was thinkng a plank that ran from side to side with two rod holers my self and a fish finer spot in the center kinda like a table. i would have to add those round air craft hose clamps to the shanty so it does not flip over at back end so it is removeable. this is  if i get a fish on lol's . great idea! to whom thought of it. 

Offline themooser98

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Nov 24, 2012, 08:49 AM »
 Here's what I did in my Rover. I made some wood shelves that sit between the support poles, I notched out the wood so the poles would fit in notch, wound some electrical tape around straight up and down support so that it is slightly larger than the pole and that supports/holds/wedges the wood shelf between pole supports. You have to remove the wood shelfs when folding up but no big deal. When removed all you are storing is a couple of small pieces of wood.
 I cut some holes in wood shelf to hold spike containers, some nails to hold jigs I'm not using, bracket to hold cell phone. Also made a removeable rod holder out of some old pvc and a flexible shower head arm I had laying around, attached this to the support under the seat. I fill up the one man shanty pretty good so these shelves come in pretty handy when I need change and grab some thing. Even with the wind blowing and the sides of the shanty flapping all stayed in place!!

Ya shoulda bin here yesterday!!!!!

Offline jbird68

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Nov 25, 2012, 07:08 PM »
I like the film canisters. I would drill 1 1/2" diameter holes to hold my gulp bait jars. I use gulp and berkley honey worms about 95% of the time. I am always digging for them in my tackle bag. Plus the gulp jars leak...no matter how tight you get them.
jbird68

Offline TrackerG

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Nov 27, 2012, 10:15 AM »
I found a trick to help support the tray from underneath. the large black binder clips for office use. I had put tape on upright poles to hold the tray from slipping but the sleeve on my Ranger solo kept catching on the tape. the binder clips fit pretty snug and I might put a little friction tape on the inside just to insure no slipping with weight on the tray.
Remember...just cuz you arent paranoid...doesn't mean they're not out to get ya!!

Offline P Meyette

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Nov 27, 2012, 11:39 AM »
nice job and also good looking

Offline da man cave shack

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Drillin for a thrillin.
« Reply #9 on: Nov 27, 2012, 11:42 AM »
So are the shelves just wedged in place?

Offline dfauverii

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Nov 27, 2012, 11:55 AM »
  Awesome.  I appreciate the post because i need ideas.  I cheated some tho.  I ordered just a skin off moreoutdoor4u real cheap and am going to put it all on my sled.  Any chance you could give some closeups of your pole mounting brackets?  I think i've got a plan but always looking for great ideas. 
You can lead a man to water but you can't make him catch fish.

Offline dfauverii

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Nov 27, 2012, 11:58 AM »
  One more thing.  I like the boat seat.  I've got a couple laying around and will be borrowing that great idea. 
You can lead a man to water but you can't make him catch fish.

Offline mricefish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Nov 27, 2012, 11:39 PM »
have to add one of them to my shack too.  By the way, nice shack there looks like led's comfy seat shelf too lol, all set it looks like.

Offline $ignmoney

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Nov 28, 2012, 06:12 PM »
So are the shelves just wedged in place?

The front yes, Tube is on a slant and that is what it rests on, not really wedged. Back is anything you want to use. I used a zip tie and black electrical tape. What ever you use you don't want it to be sharp or catch on your side canvas but it must stick out enough to hold up the back of the shelf. 

Offline J_Jaacks

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Nov 30, 2012, 08:18 PM »
What if, for the back you use an extra spreader pole clip? You can usually buy extras at a store or order online. That way it is plastic and will come off with the shelf. Just a thought. I really love this mod. May have to add it to my wish list of mods.

Offline jbird68

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Nov 30, 2012, 08:44 PM »
What about adding a couple eye hooks on each end and then using small bungee chords wrapped around the pole? Would that be enough to hold the shelf in place?
jbird68

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Dec 02, 2012, 03:37 PM »
Nice mods guys!

Offline $ignmoney

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #17 on: Dec 03, 2012, 03:51 AM »
What if, for the back you use an extra spreader pole clip? You can usually buy extras at a store or order online. That way it is plastic and will come off with the shelf. Just a thought. I really love this mod. May have to add it to my wish list of mods.

That would work but you still need to tape it I think. If it slides down the shelf drops, unless it fit with a good snap fit and didn't move that would be great.

Offline laclabiche walleye hunter

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #18 on: Dec 03, 2012, 10:59 AM »
Great engineering they look good.

Offline 187fish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Dec 03, 2012, 11:11 AM »
I like it! I also made something similar, except I bought the cheap $5 console for cars..2 cup holders and 2 nice deep trays if ya will...I will post some pics 2nite...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.