Author Topic: bait trapping help  (Read 179 times)

Offline ducksnbucks36

• Team IceShanty Addict
bait trapping help
« on: Dec 09, 2013, 07:43 AM »
Alright , so I'm fairly new to bait trapping and due to a bunch if stuff coming up this year I wasn't able to gety Minny traps out earlier.  I put them out in the areas I caught them in last year plus where there were tons at around mid October and I'm not getting jack!   Anyone know whats going on or tips or anything? Thanks

Offline stripernut

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Tight Lines!
Re: bait trapping help
« Reply #1 on: Dec 09, 2013, 07:52 AM »
I am with you about bait trapping, one day great the next nothing... Did you try searching the MANY, MANY old threads? Just put in trapping bait in the upper left hand search box and you will have days of reading...

Offline ducksnbucks36

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Dec 09, 2013, 08:02 AM »
I'll look into the older threads.   But I know here one day gone the next.   They were there before the snow hit here where I'm at, now there no where to be found  :'(

Offline slabhappy56

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Work is for people who don't FISH.
« Reply #3 on: Dec 09, 2013, 08:15 AM »
In my time trapping bait In Md and Pa through the years in late fall you will find minnows and chubs in the deepest holes you can find,They will move into warm open flats in a creek or stream on a mild day,but for the most part they will stay deep around structure like root balls and tucked into a hole in the washout areas.You might get a trap or two stuck once in a while but the best bait comes from places like these..ps: Suckers seem to like the same places,anywhere there's a hole and a current break.Hope this helps some...Slabhappy56
Having been away from ice fishing for a number of years, I now have the time to enjoy one of my favorite pastimes. I have enjoyed reading the posts from long time members and to read how you all help one another with no animosity between you.I am looking forward to chatting with you all...slabhappy.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.