The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Ice fishing gear at Outdoor Show in Harrisburg  (Read 1390 times)

Offline Fish4Nate

• IceShanty Rookie
Ice fishing gear at Outdoor Show in Harrisburg
« on: Jan 28, 2019, 03:19 PM »
Has anyone been to the Outdoor Show in Harrisburg recently and saw any ice fishing gear for sale? I haven’t been in several years, but the last time I went there didn’t seem to be as much fishing gear in general as their used to be so I am thinking there won’t be much if any. Does anyone know of any place other than Field and Stream in Camp Hill that carries any ice fishing gear in Southcentral PA?

Offline meat snack

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Ice fishing gear at Outdoor Show in Harrisburg
« Reply #1 on: Jan 28, 2019, 03:50 PM »
Cabelas in Hamburg

Offline Icemole

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 28, 2019, 03:59 PM »
 If you are looking for something particular check on-line for Cabala's stuff. You can scroll down and check if the store has it in stock before you make the drive. They are probably gearing up for "Spring" now and what is leftover ice fishing wise is picked pretty clean ... Usually

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.

Offline Kov619

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 29, 2019, 08:35 AM »
I have to the Outdoor show in Harrisburg  not much icefishing things I did pick up some jigs you would think it being so big Clam would be at this show here in the Northeast...just saying
Bad ice is bad for your health....walk with care....

Offline Iceking41

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 29, 2019, 10:05 AM »
If you are in the Scranton area Hunters Gallery in Hamlin has the best selection of ice gear.

Offline Fish4Nate

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 29, 2019, 10:42 AM »
Thanks all for the input. I have been to Hunter’s Gallery before in Hamlin, my buddy doesn’t live far away. It is a nice store with a good selection of sporting goods.

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #6 on: Jan 29, 2019, 04:46 PM »
If you are in the Scranton area Hunters Gallery in Hamlin has the best selection of ice gear.

X2  I won't waste my time or gas going to Gander Outdoors or Dick's/Field & Stream.  I have more jigs in my tackle boxes than they have for sale.

Offline rilobsterman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 29, 2019, 04:50 PM »
went to the show last year NOTHING for ice fishing.Went to cabelas they were already getting ready for spring gear and almost nothing for ice fishing on the shelves.

Offline JiggerMan

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • one of my future ice buddies
« Reply #8 on: Jan 29, 2019, 09:37 PM »
The sports show is about 75% outfitters for trips....  the rest is people selling stuff but I don't think I have ever seen any ice stuff besides a jig or cheese jig stick. 

RGIII keeps a bench mighty warm

Offline JMZ

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • AKA Dinkmaster
« Reply #9 on: Jan 30, 2019, 12:15 AM »
I picked up some homemade glass jigs last year. I did not catch anything on them but I noticed they are selling commercially. I also got some mini crappie magnet jigs that you cannot get in the stores. If you are into fly fishing there are some decent custom made rods. The fish tank demo is cool how they demo jigs with live fish. Finally my son Jason volunteers at the show for the Penn State Bass Club. Stop in and pick up a hat or
t-shirt.
AKA Dinkmaster

Offline hotrod5552

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Jan 30, 2019, 09:32 AM »
jmz is there a way to get the tee shirts without going to the sports show? hotrod5552

Offline addictedangler

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Jan 30, 2019, 09:07 PM »
 It used to be a decent outdoor show many years ago. It is a great place to book a 10 thousand dollar hunting trip. Not sure $10.00 will get you a dog and a drink. There is almost no fishing equipment unless it changes this year. Last week was the Monaghan fishing show. Plenty to see and buy at a decent price. There will be two more smaller shows coming up. Heidlersburg at the fire hall and Wellsville fire hall. Small shows but plenty of fishing gear and you do not have to dig into your kids college fund to get some lunch.

Offline metalsled1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Feb 01, 2019, 08:52 PM »
Agree with all the comments from everyone re what used to be a very good "Sportsman's Show".  Went last  year for the first time in years and was very disappointed. If you want to look at ARs or book a western hunting trip then worthwhile but unless you get a free ticket and have nothing else to do, don't waste your time. Years ago every fishing tackle mfr had a booth, could check out new gear, lots of boats and campers, etc. Not anymore, and absolutely no ice fishing gear seen last year. Since winters have been so mild with a lot of the state only getting a couple weeks of safe ice a year(especially here in the southcentral region) none of the retailers carry much of anything. F&S in Camp Hill has more than anyone else but minimal compared to what shops carried years ago.

Offline Freytown

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Feb 02, 2019, 06:03 AM »
Listen, you have to pay to get in & park, pay for gas. You're in the hole $dollar$ wise before you over pay for what's there. Now talking to the outfitters & booking a trip is the only feature that's worth the cost. Looking for ice fishing stuff? Just click on the sponsors banners above and get what you want at great prices, delivered to your door. Can't get any more simple. FT  ;)

Offline JMZ

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • AKA Dinkmaster
« Reply #14 on: Feb 02, 2019, 04:56 PM »
If your going to the show, you can park at the Harrisburg Mall, and get a shuttle bus to the show. Then you can shop at Bass Pro and get a hamburder and covefe.
AKA Dinkmaster

Offline flyhaven

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Feb 04, 2019, 07:57 AM »
I looked at the show years ago numerous times and never saw much.Stopped at F&S in Altoona in December and they actually had a fair amount of lures and gear.

Offline captain54

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Feb 04, 2019, 06:01 PM »
Jamming Jigs... got 60  some jigs for $50.00 and owner gave me 8 prototype jigs in the works. Bought 60 Tiger jigs size 8, they crushed jumbo perch with plastic in the deep. Long walk but worth 12"-14" inch perch.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.