The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: What is the best ice shelter?  (Read 27567 times)

Offline ThatsASub

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "DROP THAT FISH" - B. Meredith - Grumpy Old Men 93
Re: What is the best ice shelter?
« Reply #60 on: Dec 04, 2008, 09:55 PM »
I have to laugh. I just set up my new shappell 6000 in my livingroom.  it's wicked big and took me 15 mins with a couple of beers in me to set up but i figured it out. now I can set up in no time.  i know it will be awesome on the ice.  i can't wait.  it's 6x6 at the foot and 7x7 by 7' tall in the middle and tall.   I can't wait to use it!!!!  come on ice!!
"I've caught more fish than you've lied about Gustafson" - Max Goldman - Grumpy Old Men 1993

Offline unoman

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #61 on: Dec 05, 2008, 04:31 PM »
just got my 6000 yesterday...havent opened the box yet...lovin the size for the weight....good for me..6'4"....

K

Offline pikeking

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #62 on: Dec 05, 2008, 06:27 PM »
I have a Shappel 3 man suitcase style shanty. I really want to get an Otter Lodge  shanty with sled, but I will wait til summer and get it on sale.
If fishing was work I'd never be sick!

Offline nalegtx

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • HARDCORE!!!...
« Reply #63 on: Dec 06, 2008, 06:03 PM »
i am a big fan of the eskemo shelters...price is good and set up is fairly easy...no sled on some though
" Can't get there from here...no......"

Offline drl823

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #64 on: Dec 07, 2008, 11:24 AM »
i'm looking at a 2 person flip over myself, mainly for the convenice of the sled, my father and my fishing buddy both have suitcase models that are awkward to say the least to pull across the ice. i'm really interested in the guide by clam, or trekker by frabill.  Waiting till the local stores putout floor models before i commit to a purchase.  i'm also going to check out cabelas and ct-outfitters as well, both within 30 minutes of me.

I want a 2 person shelter because my wife has shown a real interest in fishing this year(she bought her own license) and i would like to keep the momentum rolling.  She's not much of a winter person, but a shelter would certainly help to get her on the ice. 
Jeeps.....check out the Wild 2 man (w2 series) $400 bucks flip w/ door, sturdy square poles Butchy 54 and myself are gonna pick one up at Bass Pro. We did some shopping and figured this was more bang for the buck for what we wanted. 2 bills each ain't half bad

Offline jeepsw1

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Zippo Outdoor pro-staff
« Reply #65 on: Dec 07, 2008, 02:01 PM »
Jeeps.....check out the Wild 2 man (w2 series) $400 bucks flip w/ door, sturdy square poles Butchy 54 and myself are gonna pick one up at Bass Pro. We did some shopping and figured this was more bang for the buck for what we wanted. 2 bills each ain't half bad

I was looking at that one as well, but didn't find a a local store carrying them and i'm trying to avoid purchasing without seeing/paying for shipping.  Bass pro is a stretch for me, at 2 hours away, while cabelas is 20 minutes, but maybe i'll try to find the time to get over there.  Thanks for the info

Offline The Dad Fisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #66 on: Dec 08, 2008, 07:38 AM »
I was up at Kittery yesterday and checked out the different Ice shelters. The Eskimo looked real nice and felt very well made....price was right at 2 bills too....Fits in a backpack for easy transportation....at least thats what I told my son. ;D
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you on experience

Offline newbraintree

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Get a Set!
« Reply #67 on: Dec 08, 2008, 07:43 AM »
If it stays cold enough, we'll be able to drive out on the ice and not even worry about a shelter!!!
, , ,

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.