The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: All of us south east guys need to meet up somewere  (Read 8593 times)

Offline The Splash

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: All of us south east guys need to meet up somewere
« Reply #30 on: Dec 28, 2008, 05:52 AM »
The Splash, do you have any more info about lk Tipsico, like dnr ramp to park, depth, local bait stores, i like to chase pike and this lake sounds good. any info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Wallygator
I've never been on the lake before. I'll look at the DNR map and see where the ramp is. My buddy didn't come from a ramp.  Jan 3rd sounds good, what time? I work nights and get out of work between 5 and 6am. Anyone want to meet between 6:30 and 7am? Wonder if the lake is on my Navionics chip?

Offline wallygator

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Walleye Crazy
« Reply #31 on: Dec 28, 2008, 09:29 AM »
I think between 6:30 and 7:00 is fine, i will be driving a silver ford f-250, crewcab. with a red wings sticker on the tailgate. everybody else please post what type of vehicle you will be, and lets meet at the Ramp.

Wallygator
<{{{}}

Offline quiter

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Does it really stink in here!
« Reply #32 on: Dec 28, 2008, 09:35 AM »
Chilly an me not good. fishhead you wont me to drive that sounds like a good time. Ill bring some venison.

DennyB

« Reply #33 on: Dec 28, 2008, 11:04 AM »
Where is Lake Tipisco?

Offline wallygator

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Walleye Crazy
« Reply #34 on: Dec 28, 2008, 02:16 PM »
Lk Tipsico, is on the Oakland/Livingston county line, north of m-59 about 6 miles on tipsico lk road.  it is 4 miles east of us-23. For the guys going next weekend does anybody know of a local biat shop nere The Lake.

Wallygator :tipup: :tipup: ???
<{{{}}

Offline quiter

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Does it really stink in here!
« Reply #35 on: Dec 28, 2008, 06:02 PM »
Hey wally K&D outdoors on 59 elizabeth lake rd. north side just before elizabeth lake rd. Im not sure of opening time.

Offline wallygator

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Walleye Crazy
« Reply #36 on: Dec 28, 2008, 06:13 PM »
Quiter, ya i found out about KD outdoors, i have to call and see when they will be open, i may have to get my bait the day before.  :tipup: :laugh:
<{{{}}

Offline fishinmoses

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Made in usa
« Reply #37 on: Dec 29, 2008, 01:25 AM »
There is a bait shop on Milford rd if you are coming in from i96 its a party store there is a dairy queen across the street. Ill be in a blue silverado with a peterbilt sticker back window. Guys i went there tonight about 1100pm got one bullhead one crappie kind of late fish in.As far as the ice out there spooky :o there was about 5 inches went about 200 yards from shore found 5ft water,didnt what to go futher out i know it gets deeper in middle its kind of a valley type lake.Directions to the lake is best to go north on Hickory ridge rd then left on Cy-led then right on Tipsico lake rd follow to Holtforth stay right on Tipsico then look for dnr sign drive will be on right hand side.Caution to people that have two wheel drive do not go pass second parking area you will get stuck on hill very icy if ice sticks around .I hope that Mon warm up don't hurt ice anymore ill drive out Fri and check ice.

Offline RLWagner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #38 on: Dec 29, 2008, 08:42 AM »
Really great to see all the interest in a get together!!! Would be a nice annual event I bet!! Hope everyone had a great Christmas. A number of the lakes in this area have begun to open back up and we have 40's on the way. Many of my smaller honey holes are clouded up with run-off as well.

Since we may be on unfamiliar to most waters, what do you guys think about fishing on the weekend of the 9th/10th of January??? Should have a solid cap back on the lakes by then and it may give everyone time to fill in the calendar?? or the next weekend January 16th/17th???

We could start a poll for a date selection and lake selection as well???

Offline RLWagner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #39 on: Dec 29, 2008, 09:04 AM »
Got to thinking about Tipsico Lake as it has been mentioned here a few times. I have never fished it, but have been to the ramp and looked at some maps of it as well. The launch is capable of holding a ton of cars which will be one of our requirements. Also I normally see a shanty ville right out in front of the launch area so ice transportation would not be required.

I like the idea of using traps for pike/Muskie as I am surely to be doing alot of talking to all you during our first meeting and drinking/eating event!! And it sounds like Tipsico has a decent population of flag trippers swimming around in it. Also the lake is easily accessed from M-59, not far from 23 either....

How does Tipsico sound to the rest of you as a target location??????

Offline walleyeslayer

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • fish obsessed
« Reply #40 on: Dec 29, 2008, 09:36 AM »
Anybody with any ideas for a mini fishin tourment let us know. Myself live in Oakland co thought it might be cool to do something like that.
i fished tipsico a few times, all i ever caught was tiny perch.  i slay pike and panfish on white lk..i did manage to land a fat walleye thursday night on union, but the ice didnt quite hold up through that warm snap, , it is icecovered though, and a guy managed to get across the bay from the boatlaunch so the lake is ready, im gonna check the ice this morning.  the shore ice deteriorated and was open a good 4 feet out, one cold night and i think it will be safe
HeRE FisHIe FisHIE

Offline wallygator

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Walleye Crazy
« Reply #41 on: Dec 29, 2008, 09:58 AM »
Got to thinking about Tipsico Lake as it has been mentioned here a few times. I have never fished it, but have been to the ramp and looked at some maps of it as well. The launch is capable of holding a ton of cars which will be one of our requirements. Also I normally see a shanty ville right out in front of the launch area so ice transportation would not be required.

I like the idea of using traps for pike/Muskie as I am surely to be doing alot of talking to all you during our first meeting and drinking/eating event!! And it sounds like Tipsico has a decent population of flag trippers swimming around in it. Also the lake is easily accessed from M-59, not far from 23 either....

How does Tipsico sound to the rest of you as a target location??????
RL, sounds good, i am up for any weekend but my fishing partner needs this weekend. he works in the navy reserves and has to work the next two weekends.

wallygatot
<{{{}}

Offline The Splash

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #42 on: Dec 29, 2008, 11:52 AM »
Really great to see all the interest in a get together!!! Would be a nice annual event I bet!! Hope everyone had a great Christmas. A number of the lakes in this area have begun to open back up and we have 40's on the way. Many of my smaller honey holes are clouded up with run-off as well.

Since we may be on unfamiliar to most waters, what do you guys think about fishing on the weekend of the 9th/10th of January??? Should have a solid cap back on the lakes by then and it may give everyone time to fill in the calendar?? or the next weekend January 16th/17th???

We could start a poll for a date selection and lake selection as well???

I have fallen in before, really sucks when its over your head and everytime you push up on the ice it breaks, so I'm in for the 10th. I will be there early after work in a black trailblazer. I may be the first one there seeing that I get out of work in Grand Blanc around 5:30am. I'll be getting bait the day before at Gander Mountain in Flint Township. I fish out of a Fishtrap Pro so come on over and say hi. May have a green otter shanty near me? I will only be able to stay until 11am or so since I have to go back into work at 9 that night.
 I have kind of started enjoying crappie fishing in the dark, so I wont be hanging out at the ramp, I'll be fishing with the lantern way before sun up. After sun up I wouldnt mind setting up a tip up and hole hopping in the same general area with people from this site. I just looked at the lake on my Navionics chip in my gps and if you walk straight out and a little left from the launch the lake drops off, all inbetween is between 5 and 10 feet deep. I'll be starting in the deeper water for crappie and probably move towards the launch after sun up to hole hop.

Offline joseyfish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #43 on: Dec 29, 2008, 12:02 PM »
This wekend or next?

Offline The Splash

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #44 on: Dec 29, 2008, 12:05 PM »
This wekend or next?

two weekends away for me. the 10th

Offline fishhead16

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #45 on: Dec 29, 2008, 12:35 PM »
I think we might want to shoot for the 10th just because of the warm snap. Im in for either weekend.  ;)
"TEAM STINKY PINKY"

Offline wallygator

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Walleye Crazy
« Reply #46 on: Dec 29, 2008, 01:27 PM »
Ok, the 10th is good for me also, i am going to venture over this weekend due to my fishing partner having to work the next two weekends. i will see you all on the 10th. if anybody comes out this weekend, i will be in a fishtrap Guide, and my buddy will have a frabil flop over. i will be driving a ford f-250.

wallygator :tipup: 8)
<{{{}}

Offline The Splash

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #47 on: Dec 29, 2008, 02:24 PM »
 I need a few new icefishing buddy's. Hope to see all out there the 10th. If we hit it off we could pick another lake the next weekend.
 I'm also thinking of taking a couple of days off of work and combining them with my days off so I can get out of town for a few days of icefishing. Was hoping to pick a County up north and research a few lakes and hit them, anyone interested? I would really like to catch a trout thru ice........
 More than likely there will be too much snow for me to pull my gear up north unless I meet someone with a snowmobile.

Offline outdoor junkie

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • It's walleye time!
« Reply #48 on: Dec 29, 2008, 05:52 PM »
I would like to meet up and meet some new guys to fish with.  The only problem is I have fished Tipsico alot.  And it is not a very good fishing lake.  It's a great lake for bass in the summer and small pike, but thats about it.  But hey if thats what ya'll decide, I'll come to meet some fellow fisherman. :)

Offline wallygator

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Walleye Crazy
« Reply #49 on: Dec 29, 2008, 05:56 PM »
if anybody knows of another good lake to fish, then please post. that way we can make a decision before next weekend.

wallygator :tipup: ;D
<{{{}}

Offline BONECRUSHER

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I LOVE TO GET IT WET
« Reply #50 on: Dec 29, 2008, 07:20 PM »
Theres a gas station just on the west side of 23 on m-59 that use to sell minnows, shinners, ect. (On south side of m-59) For you guys going to tipsco

Offline walleyeslayer

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • fish obsessed
« Reply #51 on: Dec 29, 2008, 11:43 PM »
if anybody knows of another good lake to fish, then please post. that way we can make a decision before next weekend.

wallygator :tipup: ;D
white lake, that lake is kick a$$ for pike/panfish.  wanna catch pike? go in the bay behind the old beer store, RL will know what im talking about, use a firetiger jigging rapala, you will light the pike up, i guarantee it. unfortunately i have to go back to indiana after new years, or id show you exactly how i do it.  the last 3-4 outings to white lake, i limit everytime on panfish, and always throw pike back
HeRE FisHIe FisHIE

Offline The Splash

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #52 on: Dec 30, 2008, 06:10 AM »
 I thought we agreed FINALLY on Tipsico? Always seems to go this way on these sites. I can only speak for myself, I'm going to Tipsico on the 10th and hope the rest do too. We meet, see who hits it off, pick another lake for the next Saturday or maybe we let a guy or two in on our private lakes?????????????
 If you show up at Tipsico on the 10th and there is a black trailblazer parked look for a fishtrap pro and a guy in a blue arctic armor suit, that's me. If We do crappy oh well, just another public lake, but we may have some luck? Looking forward to meeting guys from this site and possibly end up with a good fishing buddy or two more than I'm looking for good fishing, I know where to go for that.

Offline wallygator

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Walleye Crazy
« Reply #53 on: Dec 30, 2008, 08:40 AM »
I thought we agreed FINALLY on Tipsico? Always seems to go this way on these sites. I can only speak for myself, I'm going to Tipsico on the 10th and hope the rest do too. We meet, see who hits it off, pick another lake for the next Saturday or maybe we let a guy or two in on our private lakes?????????????
 If you show up at Tipsico on the 10th and there is a black trailblazer parked look for a fishtrap pro and a guy in a blue arctic armor suit, that's me. If We do crappy oh well, just another public lake, but we may have some luck? Looking forward to meeting guys from this site and possibly end up with a good fishing buddy or two more than I'm looking for good fishing, I know where to go for that.
Splash i will be there on the 10th.

wallygator
<{{{}}

Offline fishhead16

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #54 on: Dec 30, 2008, 09:10 AM »
Yea the 10th on Tipsco for Quiter and I. We will be in a Burgundy F250. Will either have 2 scouts or a red Eskimo pop up shanty. I've been skunked on lakes before and never meet anyone, so if I meet some of you it will be worth it to me. We can always fish together once we meet.
"TEAM STINKY PINKY"

Offline RLWagner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #55 on: Dec 30, 2008, 09:24 AM »
I will try and start a thread later for confirmations to include the information each of you have supplied like shelter description, vehicle profile etc.... May help us all connect.

White Lake has good prospect but the parking could be a major issue if we get a dozen or two anglers showing up....especially by the party store. Rumor has it some tickets were given out last year, but I cannot confirm it so I have been parking at the White Lake Inn my last couple visits.

Tipsico does have a huge parking lot and an easy to reach fishing ground albeit suspect for success. Maybe this initial event will give us all an opportunity to meet one another and lead to future events. Sure would be nice to have a couple tourneys a year between eh??

I too doubt anyone wants to be open about honey holes at this point. I kinda laughed at the Lake Names supplied...all larger, popular big access site lakes.... I like that instinct to protect!!! Good job fellas!!

I will be at Tipsico Jan 10th with Icefishinlady and maybe Ciroc Chic, Bottom Line and a couple other fellas interested in meeting everyone.

New York and Maine put on some quality events for their groups and maybe we could learn a thing or two from them as well. Would love to see this initial event act as a catylist for more future organized tourneys for us.  :icefish:

Offline The Splash

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #56 on: Dec 30, 2008, 09:46 AM »
 Good to hear some are definites. It would be a big bonus to have these get togethers on different lakes every Saturday. Maybe I will understand face to face how to get a pic I took to come up next to my name?
 RL, let us all know on this thread when you post the thread you were talking about.

Offline fishhead16

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #57 on: Dec 30, 2008, 09:52 AM »
Splash posting the pic is not that hard, heck I figured it out. :D If you need to know my honey holes just call my house when Im fishing and tell my wife you were suppose to meet up with me you just didnt know where I was going! She'd start signing like a bird!!! :cookoo: :%$#!:
"TEAM STINKY PINKY"

Offline outdoor junkie

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • It's walleye time!
« Reply #58 on: Dec 30, 2008, 10:39 AM »
I'm in.  I'll come down and fish to meet some new guys.  It's always nice to meet some people who share the same interests as yourself.  I'll be in a black F-150.

Offline RLWagner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #59 on: Dec 30, 2008, 11:08 AM »
Confirmation page is now up and running. You can add your info at the bottom, or PM me and I will add it for ya if you wish. Or you can leave it on this thread and I will add it over there for ya ;)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.