Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1607672 times)

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #15990 on: Jun 07, 2019, 04:30 PM »
Wishing you a complete problem free speedy recovery  ;)

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #15991 on: Jun 08, 2019, 04:23 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                        It's 55* and clear here on my hill, another nice day ahead. ::)
                        Eddie..........I never heard of pruning Pepper plants, I'll have to read up on that one. ???
                        Marv...........I'm glad to read that your knee isn't as bad as originally thought. :thumbsup:
                        Wally..........Today should be a good day for a ride, enjoy the sunshine. :clap:
                        I-45............I bet you and your wife are happy the move is over, now for settling in and making the place your own. :flex:
                        H2L............If it ain't broke don't fix it, whatever works for you, keep going with it. :flex:
                        IFF..............I hope your wife's test come out in a good way? ???
                        PT was a little rough yesterday, the pain is coming earlier in my exercises, it doesn't last after I stop. One exercise I couldn't finish.  :blink:
                        Not much going on today, I have try and help my wife dig up a Hosta that she wants to split and replant in other places.
                        I hope everyone has a good Saturday either at work or out on the water.

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #15992 on: Jun 08, 2019, 04:55 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, Morning Everyone,
  Welcome to the weekend!  Clear and 56* this am, high of 76 expected today with plenty of sunshine.

Marv...X2 on Wally’s reply. Glad the new Dr. speaks in laymen’s terms, big plus!  We’ll all be here pulling for you buddy, best wishes sent from NY!   :clap: :thumbsup:
  Wally... glad you got into a few fish anyway for your efforts, better luck next trip out on the walleyes.  :thumbsup:   
My pepper plants are varied in size, anywhere from about 8 to 12” at the moment. Like yours, they have been slow in growing with all that foul weather we were having, but a few have surprised me....the orange bell and cubanelle sweet peppers are doing the best at the moment, all in raised beds. Think we just need some nice warm weather to get things moving....like the mosquitoes that bloomed the last few days, lol.
  Jeff....what a great picture of Little Carson, thanks for sharing, hope he enjoyed the season!    :clap:  Sorry to read about the setbacks with the PT, hopefully that will pass soon.  A buddy of mine at work has been telling me about pruning peppers for quite sometime, but I just couldn’t find it in me to cut the tops off my plants, lol,  especially when they were looking so healthy. Watched a bunch of videos on YouTube, finally got the nerve up to do it....here’s one to take peak at, there are tons of them out there....https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=syhPPONJDKY
   I-45...that’s awesome the church group has helped you and your wife get the moving completed, excellent. Hope you both are doing well now with that being over, best wishes on the next Dr.’s visit Sir.    :thumbsup:
  H2... hope the fishing was as good as the weather for you yesterday!  Will be looking for your report!   :thumbsup:
  Bud...hope the PB Blaster works, I should try that as well on my spare....hasn’t been lowered since I’ve owned the truck and they say it can be a real PITA getting that spare tire down. Hope all went well with your wife’ appointment yesterday.    :thumbsup:

Lots of yard work to catch up on again today, passed on a side job....too nice of a day to be spending it beautifying someone else’s place.   ;D
  Will be popping in and out today to see how everyone is doing......Cawfee’s on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15993 on: Jun 08, 2019, 05:17 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, Weatherman says it’s supposed to be a nice weekend. We are blessed that the church group helped us. My wife is working today. The puppy seems to be adjusting slowly.

Whopper Stopper, Prayers for a speedy recovery.

Ice Wanderer, i’m Sorry to read about your setback on your pt. Don’t overdue today.

IFF, Hope you were able to get your computer fixed. You would think they would have come up with something so the tire carrier under a pickup doesn’t rust.

Mason Eddie, Have a good day working in the yard.

God Bless and hope everyone has a great day. Tight lines to those on the water today.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15994 on: Jun 08, 2019, 05:26 AM »
Morning all,

Eddie.....interesting video, might have to give it a try on a couple plants  :)

IW....easy on the shoveling  :flex:

IF45.....your pup will be fine as long as he's with his family  ;)

WS......enjoy your day  ;D

mowing's on the agenda today, maybe a bike ride after  :whistle:

Have a good day whatever your plans. Stay safe.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #15995 on: Jun 08, 2019, 06:10 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

Heading into the 90's later today.

Eddie good video, Thanks. Good luck with the yard work :thumbsup:

IW sorry to read about the pain, hope you get over that soon.

WW good luck on the mowing, have fun if you get a ride in :thumbsup:

h2l hope you had a good day on the lake :thumbsup:

We are heading north today and doing our mowing at the shack. I can imagine the grass will be high and the bugs will be thick.

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15996 on: Jun 08, 2019, 06:42 AM »
51* and sunny.
Yes, it was a nice day on the lake. Not a lot of fish action. ONE hit the first 4 hours. Worked my way down the lake trying all my spots plus some. About 1pm the wind came up. Put on my heaviest jig and using the motor started trolling across the waves. Caught a walleye right away. Few minutes later another. Wife wanted one for dinner so the next one I kept. The best walleye I think I have caught in 3/4 years. 22 inches. Now don't shoot me, I moved. I had my wife's fish in the box, I had to know if the fish had turned on in my other spots, they hadn't....lol
The "high Performance" boat are here for the weekend. There has to be close to 50 of them. In the morning, before the lake got rough, they were racing all around me and very nosiy. My cousin had talked to some of them at the launch and one of the guys told him that his boat does "102" mph. The wind can be our friend, it kept them off the water in the PM. I did see a few being towed in. The lake needs a speed limit.

My daugther and her BF want to go though my fishing tackle before I give it to the school's fishing club so they may come up today.

Have a good day...h2l
Eddie, this weather should help those peppers...
Northville, NY

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15997 on: Jun 08, 2019, 08:43 AM »
Lost another post. Should have posted part of it so I did not lose it. Then went back an modified it. GRRRR!

Another 80* day then a big cool down and some rain next week.

Eddie I spent another couple of hours with the pressure washer yesterday getting the crap blown out between the boards on the deck. Who eve built the deck must have put them down tight together as the gap is small. any one that did any work on the place before we bought it should never be allowed to have a hammer in their hands.
I have never heard of pruning peppers. I did hear that peppers love heat so planting them inside of old tires keeps them warm through the night allowing them to keep growing as the tire hold heat.

marv Don't you have a 100 foot law as far as staying away from other boats. We do! I think the jet skier would have got hit by a big old musky lure. I have not had anger management classes. ;D

IW hopefully the therapy will get better. My wife is doing water therapy. She over does it every time she goes. Her leg on one side is way weaker than the other. We have a therapy place only a couple of miles away. I need to go there and look at some modifications that they want done with the steps to the pool as they can not get anyone to do it. To small of a job. Hopefully I can help them out. The couple that owns the  place came here from India. The first thing they did was working on becoming citizens. If they think the therapy needs to be adjusted they contact the doctor.

Bud All of the things like putting the spare tire under a vehicle does not take into the equation the real world. The do not think about things getting rusted up by salt on the roads. I guess they never heard of the rust belt in the north. Engineers--GRRRRR.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #15998 on: Jun 08, 2019, 01:12 PM »
Good day everyone, another sunny day here may reach low eighties for temperature high. Regular posters to and followers of this thread since it's start may remember me posting about a stabbing at my place of work this June 11TH will mark 3 years since the incident I did some research this morning after much back and forth a  few mental competent exams this past April the suspect/accused was found competent to stand trail  jury selection will start in early September.
Hunts2long I think we all fall back on fishing baits/methods that have caught fish for us probably because we have confidence they will catch fish once again for us I've done some fishing with plastic baits for different species of fish they will work at times just like any other bait. Hope your wife enjoyed the walleye dinner. Before donating some of your tackle to the high school fishing club remember older tackle may have some monetary value provided you find the right collector. Thank you for helping out the high school club.  :clap: :thumbsup:
Tom Turkey sounds like whomever built your deck did not have much knowledge of construction may you be able to get most of the gunk out from between the boards with the pressure washer. Good to hear the bank problem is corrected.
Ice Wanderer may the remainder of your PT not cause to much pain I hope the recent pain is not sign of a new problem. Nice photo of Carson enjoy watching him play baseball and grow up. Be careful with the lant relocation today.
Whopper Stopper if you make future trips to any Metro area  lakes might want to have your cell phone handy and local DNR or law enforcement phone numbers on speed dail to report harassment by jet skiers. Good job keeping your coll. :clap: :clap: :thumbsup: May you find things in good order at the "Shack". Best to you with the knee surgery.
Eddie if my math is correct will take 12 years/seasons to complete the marble tiles. May the pepper plant pruning increase your yield this year.
IFF hope you have gotten the Windows system reloaded on your computer. I have a Ford Escape with similar under vehicle spare tire storage had the storage system replaced last year after not being able to lower spare may the PB Blaster due the trick for you. Best to your wife with the testing.
Icefisher-45 good to read your move is finished great that once again some of your church family helped with the work. Happy the surgeon said your neck is in good shape may the next round of Botox relieve your current problems. glad your puppy is adjusting to the new home.
Wallyworld besides some folks keeping under legal size wall eyes there may have been a low survival rate of a few years baby fish which is now resulting in many under sized wall eyes. May you catch a few keepers on your next trip. How is MR.WW doing after the charity bicycle ride. Enjoy the motorcycle ride if the two of you get out after finishing mowing your lawn.

May everyone have a pleasant Saturday. Best to those fishing.
Steve

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15999 on: Jun 08, 2019, 07:28 PM »
Steve, well I am fairly certain, I will be lifting the box and free up/change the tire thing myself.  Was quoted $500 to replace it....at that price not going to happen LOL  New ones available from $85 - $105

Well sure enough another update arrives and away goes the "Ad photo" button  :%$#!: :%$#!: :cookoo:
Bud

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #16000 on: Jun 09, 2019, 04:56 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                         It's 53* and clear on my hill, what a beautiful day it was yesterday. Not a cloud in the sky and today is more of the same. ::)
                         Bud..........Nothing worse than a locked in spare tire. I don't know about now but years ago when I owned Ford trucks the spare was held
                up with a bracket that had a threaded rod and I would have to unscrew a big nut to get it loose. The threads use to get rusted and full of dirt so
                unscrewing the nut was impossible. :blink: Good luck on taking the box off. :thumbsup: 
                         H2L..........Even if it was slow on the lake you still got fish for dinner. Did you save that spot on your GPS! ???
                         Eddie........I showed that video on pruning Pepper plants, she was in awe, but I don't know if she will try it. I told her do one and see what happens. :whistle:
                         Marv.........Watch that heat out there and stay hydrated when working outside. :flex:
                         Steve........I hope they hang the stabber, competent or not they all should pay for there actions. :o
                         Tom..........I figured out my problem when losing post, sometimes I hit the ctrl button on my key board Instaed of the shift that makes everything     
                disappear. ???
                         Last night we had the neighbors over for a fire out back, it was a nice evening for one.
                         Not much going on today for me, but my wife is going on a boat cruise today on Lake George and there is a Medium doing readings on the boat. I'm
                not into that stuff so I'm staying home.
                         I hope everyone has a good Sunday either at work or out fishing. Enjoy the nice weather while it's here.

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16001 on: Jun 09, 2019, 05:34 AM »
Morning all,

WS.....hope all was well at the shack and the bugs weren't too bad  ;)2

MrC.....always amazed me how long it takes for some of these cases to finally get to trial  :blink: 

H2L......funny how one day you look and all of a sudden there's way more tackle than there's room for in the boat  :woot:  I think there's a tackle fairy that keeps adding new stuff  ;D

Eddie.....hope you got the yard work caught up yesterday and can enjoy some "down" time today  :thumbsup:

IW......americade was this weekend wasn't it  ???  bet the area was hopping  @)

IFF.....vehicles are in the same category as computers always something not working right or in need of repair  ::)

TT......never heard of planting peppers in tires either  ??? 

Got the lawn done again, never got to a ride tho  :-\ MrWW noticed a leak under my car which led to it getting torn apart to replace an oil cooler line, guess that's where the smell of burnt oil we've been searching for was coming from  ::)  everything gets put back together this morning then it's play time  :clap: :thumbsup:

Have a good day whatever's on the agenda. Stay safe.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16002 on: Jun 09, 2019, 06:02 AM »
47 degrees this morning. Another nice day on the way.
Daughter and her BF dropped the dogs off yesterday while they went fishing up at Wells. Some pickerel  and small bass. Said there were a ton of small perch and bait fish everywhere. Then we grilled out.

WW, good that you found the oil leak and have an on-site mechanic. I don't take much out in the boat when fishing. 3/4 poles are in the boat (under the floor) and I take a box of jigs and a few spinner rigs just in case it gets too windy to jig.

IW, I don't mark many waypoints. In 2 years I think I have 5 waypoints. 2/3 of those are spots that I have fished for years. I won't mark one until I have fished it and found the spot on the spot. Where I caught the one the other day is a flat that would be out of the water in the late summer.

The launch was a ZOO yesterday. Must have been rough out on the lake, saw some of the  high performance boats up here in the river. They were not doing the 30mph speed limit.

Have a good day...h2l

The lake on Friday afternoon.
Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #16003 on: Jun 09, 2019, 08:16 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

Slight chance of rain by afternoon, enough to get the weather guessers to cry wolf and try and keep you hunkered down indoors.

WW enjoy play time after the car is fixed. Hats off to Mr WW in getting the problem fixed  :clap:

IW good choice on skipping the Medium, unless the Medium could point you to some winter fishing spots ??? ;D

TT I have no idea what the rules are for getting crowded out when fishing. I know in winter for ice houses it's 10' which to me seems crazy. I have seen pictures on some of the big lakes where 100 boats are almost touching when on a good walleye bite. Most lakes I go normally I am surprised to see another boat period. I will have to look through the book.

h2l nice picture, looks like a good chop ???

Not a lot going on today. I am going to mount a locator on the boat. The s-i-l has a Helix 7 she uses on her kayak, which of course has all her favorite lakes and are well detailed with way points and notes marked for each. I figured it paid to get a transducer for the boat, along with a mount for the head and sponge off her ;D It appears next week we will be heading north for a couple of days. The wife is taking off Thursday and Friday and they rented a cabin among some musky lakes. Not sure why I am always the last to know ???

Hope you all have an excellent Sunday :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #16004 on: Jun 09, 2019, 10:37 AM »

Morning again.
                          Wally........The reason of planting in tires; is the heat that the tire absorbs helps the plants that like heat grow faster.
                    Another trick Carrots love Tomatoes; Plant Carrots in between your Tomato plants, they'll do a lot better. :o
                    Yes Americade and Warrensburg Bike Rally was this week and bikes galore is the word out.

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #16005 on: Jun 10, 2019, 02:20 AM »
Good Monday Morning Everyone,
  Clear and calm 54* this am, high of 69 today with PM rains expected. Had another round with the gremlins yesterday morn, computer kept freezing up again.   :%$#!:

Jeff...imagine it was pretty hectic up your way with Americade going on, two guys from work were heading up there Friday after work. Believe they expected around 200,000 people to turnout after all was said and done, big money maker for the local economy!  Hope your wife had a great time on the boat ride...I’ve always wanted to speak with a Medium, but not with a crowd present.   :thumbsup:
  Marv...great idea mounting up a transducer on the boat! That was a little surprise the ladies had for you renting the cabin... :clap:  Hope the fishing is hot and the weather is comfortable, best of luck to you all Sir!   :thumbsup:
  H2...thanks for sharing the picture, hope you get on a good bite today before the weather changes.   :thumbsup:
  Wally...glad the oil problem was discovered and taken care of in your garage,   :bow: to Mr.WW, awesome! Hope you got a nice ride in after the fix.... :thumbsup:
  Steve...I remember you posting that about the guy in that stabbing, amazing it’s taken this long for a trial. You’l have to keep us posted on the outcome...hope it’s the correct one!   :thumbsup:   
  Tom...I got most of my siding pressure washed yesterday, it’s been a few years since I did it last....PITA, but what a difference.   :thumbsup:

Two of my grandchildren were in a dance recital yesterday morning, what a good time! Each class performed to one song....ages were from 3-12, ballerina’s to tap and hip hop as well. Very pleasing.... :thumbsup:
  Back to putting a dent in the marble work today, think we’re at about the 1/3 completion point now....4th of July is coming quick, doubtful we’ll be done by then.
  Cawfee’s on....

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #16006 on: Jun 10, 2019, 04:31 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                          It's 53* and mostly clear here on my hill, cloudy this afternoon and possibly a shower. ::)
                          Eddie........Your pressure washing the siding reminded  me that I need to start mine but I want it to be warmer, cause I know I'm going to get
               wet when I do the front porch. ??? The dance recital sounded nice. :thumbsup: Yes Americade brings a lot of revenue to the area. :thumbsup:
                         Wally..........Mr. WW is sure a handy man to have around getting the oil leak fixed, how was the ride, you had a beautiful day for it. :clap:
                         Marv..........The girls sure know how to surprise you, the cabin rental sounds fun. :clap:
                         I-45...........How is the reorganizing the house stuff going? ???
                         H2L...........Have a good day out on the lake today. :thumbsup:
                         My wife had a good time on the psychic boat yesterday, she got to talk with the medium but not the questions she was hoping for, but he was
               spot on. :blink:
                         I have two appointments today, the first is an eye appointment then down to PT later this morning. Not much else for me.
                         I hope everyone has a good Monday either at work or out fishing.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #16007 on: Jun 10, 2019, 04:50 AM »
Good morning Eddie,IW! Good morning everyone :bow:

54 heading into the mid 70's later today, what a difference from the mid 90's.

Eddie good going on the pressure washing :thumbsup: I did about half of mine last year but couldn't reach the back of the house.

IW, good to read Mrs IW had a good time last night. Good luck with the appointments :thumbsup:

WW did you make it out on the bike yesterday?

I should be hearing from the surgeon today to get my appointment locked in. I hope the preop works for them being I am cutting it close to the tentative surgery date ???

Time to get the hiking shoes on, my ride is waiting.

Hope you all have an excellent day no matter what's on the planner :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16008 on: Jun 10, 2019, 05:17 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, Chilly out this morning. Unpacking is going slowly. My wife is trying to work extra hours and I have strict orders not to lift or bend. Waiting to hear from the MRI. Hopefully hear soon with positive news from disability soon.

Whopper Stopper, Hope you get a surgery date soon. Have a good hike.

Ice Wanderer, Hope you have a good appointment with the eye doctor and your pt goes well.

Mason Eddie, Glad you got to enjoy the dance recital. Kids grow up so fast.

I hope everyone has a great day and a safe one.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16009 on: Jun 10, 2019, 06:09 AM »
Morning all,

Eddie.....amazing what a pressure wash can do for your house  :flex: :thumbsup:

IW.....hope pt goes well today  :)  too bad MrsIW didn't get the answers she was looking for  :(

WS.....guess MrsWS and sister figure "kidnapping" you is the best way to get you to take a break  ;)2   :clap:  :thumbsup: enjoy  @)

IF45.....no rush on the unpacking,  i've been in this house 27 years and still have a couple boxes unpacked  :blink: hope you get your results on the mri and disability soon  ;)

H2L.....almost impossible to enjoy any lake on weekends anymore  ::)  see 2 jet skis collided on Oneida yesterday  :wacko:

TT.....have you got the toon water ready yet  ???

Got my car back together yesterday morning  :clap:  met up with some friends at a local car show

after picking out a few dream cars hit the road headed north to Old Forge/Inlet area, beautiful day for riding  :thumbsup: a stop for lunch on the way up, a stop on the way home for ice cream the day was complete  :thumbsup:  An inch or more of rain today/tonight  :blink: :pinch: 

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16010 on: Jun 10, 2019, 06:12 AM »
50* this morning, rain coming in the afternoon. No fishing today, wife made an appt for Scout to be groomed this morning. Wed. looks like the day.

Eddie, glad you enjoyed the dancing. Have a good week.
IW, I have to wash the house and the deck also. Good luck with the PT today.\
Ice-45, you have to be glad you are into the new place, just go "slow and easy".

Have a good day...h2l

WW, glad you had a good ride. Love looking at those old cars. My brother got his '54 Plymouth out last week.
Northville, NY

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #16011 on: Jun 11, 2019, 02:23 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Steady rain and 63* this am, it’s supposed to clear up by 8am, high of 66 today.

H2... hope Scout likes his new haircut, need to schedule an appointment soon for our two, thanks for the reminder!  :thumbsup:
  Wally...thanks for the pictures, beautiful cars! I’d love to have another 67 Chevelle or 72 RoadRunner...beep, beep!  ;D.   Glad to read your car is completed, sounds like a great day of riding through a beautiful area!   :clap:
  I-45... hope you get good news soon on the MRI and disability.    :thumbsup:
  Marv...did you hear from the surgeon yesterday? I’ve got a few areas on the house I couldn’t reach as well, thinking about setting up a few frames of scaffold I’ve got...but just dread the labor behind getting it all out, setting up, doing a small area, breaking down, repeat, lol.
  Jeff...I should have wore shorts pressure washing, got soaked too!  ;D.  Hope everything went well for you yesterday at the Dr. appointment’s!   :thumbsup:

We were short handed on my crew by 2 guys yesterday, still managed to hit almost our daily average of marble in by the days end. The newbies are working out great, they really stepped up to the plate yesterday.   :thumbsup:
  Will be a slow start today with the weather....hopefully the weather guessers are correct and the rain clears out early.
   Cawfee’s on....

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #16012 on: Jun 11, 2019, 05:32 AM »
Good morning Eddie!Good morning everyone :bow:

60 with rain moving in by 9am and hanging around most of the day.

Eddie glad to read the newbies are working out :thumbsup: Nice to hear there are still people that want to work for their pay :thumbsup: Funny you mentioned a 67 Chevelle, that was my first car. Mine was  maroon with a black rag top. I never did hear from the surgeon's office, I will give him today then rattle some windows.

IW enjoy Little Carson day :thumbsup: Hope all went well with your appointments.

WW great pictures :thumbsup: Always fun taking in a car show :thumbsup:

Time to go for my walk as my ride is waiting.

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #16013 on: Jun 11, 2019, 05:48 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                            It's 58* and cloudy here on my hill, we had 1.56" of rain overnight, won't need to water the garden or lawn. ::)
                            Eddie.........I have a covered porch and the ceiling needs to be pressured washed that's why I want to wait for a little warmer weather. Have you
                  thought of renting a work lift to get the higher areas, it would save time of setting up and tearing down to move. ???
                            Wally..........Those are some nice cars, my choice of an older car would be a '66 GTO. :woot:
                            H2L............My wife tries to give her dog haircuts, it 's a good thing he doesn't mind the embarrassment, or does he.lol :roflmao:
                            I-45...........I hope your MRI shows good things and disability has decided to award you your claim. :thumbsup:
                            My appoint with the eye Dr. went well, he said that if he didn't know that I have diabetes he couldn't see it in my eyes. He also said
                  I read the chart like a teenager. Good report. :clap: :flex: The PT was a little different still popping and pain that I shouldn't have. :(
                            Little Carson day today and we will have his cousin too, Penelope!
                            I hope everyone has a good Tuesday either at work or out fishing!
                            Marv.......I see you posted while I was typing, Good morning. Does the walking bother your knee?
                  IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16014 on: Jun 11, 2019, 06:43 AM »
Morning all,

IW......when do you see your surgeon for another follow up  ???  enjoy "kids" day  :clap:

Eddie.....glad the new guys are working out ok  :thumbsup:  think it's easier to just not look up then to do all the scaffolding thing  :woot:

WS.....not sure which of my many cars I loved more, the 67 Olds 442 or the 72 LeMans  :blink:  dream cars would be an old Jag XKE  or an old vette  ;)

H2L....tomorrow is definitely a lake day  :thumbsup:  looks to be the only one for awhile again  :-\

Not much happening today.....rainy and windy out  ::) 

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16015 on: Jun 11, 2019, 06:58 AM »
56* cloudy and breezy.

WW, you are right, Wed. may be the only dry day the rest of the week. Sat. the GSLFF has their Summer contest for Trout, Bass, and Walleye. Not sure I will fish it or not. Waiting to see what the daughter wants to do.

Hope everyone is doing fine, have to run it's "pill time". Have a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #16016 on: Jun 11, 2019, 08:38 AM »
Good morning, drying out from a rainy Monday I saw on the local news Monday night this past weekend was the first with two dry days since April 6-7TH.
IFF may you get the box off and spare tire holder repaired or replaced with out any problems.
Ice Wanderer glad your wife enjoyed the boat ride and medium.Good to hear eye doctor is happy may your PT therapist or ortho. doctor figure out cause for latest shoulder problem. Have a fun day babysitting.
Wallyworld given your distaste for snakes I would look into building a small hot box planter to start you plants in before transplanting them to your garden over using tires for the peepers. You never know what you will find in the tire check the gardens thread over on MFF believe RgFixit has posted photos of his hot box planter. Thank you for the car show photos you sure travel some distance on your bike rides. Glad Mr.WW could fix the oil leak on your car.
Hunts2long good thing your daughter's dogs and scout get along and you can watch them while your daughter does different things. Best to your daughter and you if you enter the fishing contest.
Whopper Stopper may the fish locator improve your catch next trip out. Enjoy the trip to the cabin. May you hear from the surgeon about pre-op and surgery dates today.
Eddie you may need to put down plywood to protect your lawn from any scaffolding or lift jacks/trucks needed to complete pressure washing. Nice you were able to attend grandchildren's dance recital. Good to hear the new crew members stepped up and kept the crew on pace with the marble tiles.
Icefisher-45 may you get MRI results soon and hear about disability claim this week.

A safe and good Tuesday to all. Best to those fishing.
Steve

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16017 on: Jun 11, 2019, 08:41 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, Looks like my earlier post didn’t go thru. Windy and cloudy here this morning. Per the weather people supposed to be down pours this morning. Looks like there is going to be more filming tonight. They are shooting the Steven King series Castle Rock here in Orange. Not to far from us. The rooms here are very sunny and nice. Me and the pup take it slow going down the stairs.

WallyWorld, Those are some nice pics. Thank you for sharing. My dream car would be a 70 GTO judge. No day is complete unless there is ice cream.

Ice Wanderer, Have a great time with Little Carlson and Penelope.

Mason Eddie, It’s good the newbies are working out. Hard to find people these days with a good work ethic.

Whopper Stopper, Hope you have a good walk.

Hunts2long, How did Scouts haircut come out? My wife clips our dachshund. He’s afraid of everything.

I hope everyone has a great day and a safe one.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #16018 on: Jun 12, 2019, 02:33 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Clear and 53* this am, low 70’s today for a high.

I-45....sounds like you’re settling in pretty good at the new place now, take it slow and easy Sir!   :clap:
  Steve...my local news reported the same info last evening about the dry weekend weather, amazing. Going to hold off on the scaffolding for now... ;D
  H2...good luck with the fishing today if you’re heading out!   :thumbsup:
  Wally...good luck with the fishing today if you and Mr.WW are taking advantage of the weather!   :thumbsup:
  Jeff...thought about a lift, waiting to hear back from a guy who has a lift on a truck. Of course, the lawn would have to have some serious drying time before that could happen, lol. Hope you had a great day with Little Carson and Penelope yesterday!   :thumbsup:
  Marv...that old Chevelle sounds beautiful, mine was blue....first car as well, lol, the RoadRunner was yellow with the black stripes....sure miss those days sometimes!    ;D

Not much to report today, we battled through the wet weather yesterday and knocked out almost another 100 pieces of marble. There is a Crime Victims Memorial Service today and no noise allowed after a certain hour, so demo was our best bet yesterday.
  Back to the grind this am.....Happy Hump Day all....Cawfee’s on!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16019 on: Jun 12, 2019, 04:18 AM »
Morning all,

Heading out for the lake  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.