Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1623215 times)

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #15930 on: May 31, 2019, 09:53 PM »
Good evening just checking in to see what was posted today here on Ice Shanty when I saw Wallyworld's post.I add my prayers to the many already said for the victims in this latest mass shooting and their families and friends. I put on CNN from the details released it appears the suspect intended to kill many people and thankfully the fast action of police prevented more deaths and injured people. Info. released to CNN says the shooter had multiple extended magazines for his pistol and a silencer.

Icefisher-45 will be thinking of you this weekend all the best with your move to a new home.
Whopper Stopper sorry to read about your knee may any damage be minimal and easy for a surgeon to repair.

Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #15931 on: Jun 01, 2019, 05:07 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                              It's June 1st and it's 49* out this morning on my hill, I had to bump the thermostat up to take the chill out of the house. ::)
                              These shootings need to stop, I don't know all the details but if someone notices that another person is not acting right then
                      they should report their behavior to the authorities.
                              Steve........It was my left arm that I had surgery on But all my problems started with my right shoulder. If you remember back
                     on  May 11th I had to go for an evaluation for my right shoulder, the Dr. that was doing the evaluation requested an X-ray since it has
                     been 4 years since my last imaging. ???
                               Marv.......I'm sorry to read about your knee, as we get older our bodies don't heal as fast or even take injuries as it did when we
                     were younger. We certainly abused ourselves back in the day. :o I'm glad Jo found her kayak but that's a long wait for delivery. :blink:
                               Raquett....How is your collarbone repair going, Have you tried out that new lure.? ???
                               Wally........A couple hundred miles is a nice ride, I hope you found some good rain gear? :whistle:
                               I-45..........Have a good day with the move! :flex:
                               Eddie........As Steve said I hope your not posting was a result of late to work and not computer problems. ???
                               Tom..........I bet you have a lot of traps, I hope you are able to sell them quickly. Are you on My Hunting Forum? ???
                               Not much going on today ,my wife was home by the time I got home from PT, oh and my therapist put me through the ropes yesterday.
                      I did feel it during the night but I am fine now.
                                I hope everyone has a good Saturday either at work or out fishing or just doing stuff.

IW       

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15932 on: Jun 01, 2019, 05:45 AM »
Morning all,

IF45......good luck with the move  :)

TT......if the sun would come out for a few days I think there'd be some nice flowers here

IW.....glad your shoulder's responding well enough that pt doesn't make you sore/lame for days  :flex: :thumbsup:

WS.....fingers crossed the mri shows only minimal damage, maybe something a brace and some rest will fix  ??? 

MrC.....went to a local "biker" store Forever Leather and picked up rain suits for $100 each, not gortex but same type of material  ;)  looks like we'll find out today how well they work  ::)

H2L.....congrats on a good shakedown day yesterday  :thumbsup: :clap: :bow:

We've already had a couple showers this morning, hoping the t-storms hold off until the ride is over this afternoon  :-\ 

Have a good day whatever your plans. Stay safe.

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15933 on: Jun 01, 2019, 06:00 AM »
Good Morning ER's hope all are well. H2L glad Mrs. H2 surgery went well. Enjoy your first outing and good luck. I-45 hope your move is still going smooth. WS sorry to hear about your knee. When the new Yak gets in check out Hartman Creek State Park if you get anywhere close to it;nothing like clear water and a yakers paradise. WW hope you find some rain gear and have a fun and safe fund raiser. I finally got my license and inland trout stamp. Dealing with some Bronchial crap then will be fishing again. 8 months without fishing. Found some good deals on CL here 20.00 clam plate 20.00 Buddy heater, 40.00 never used 1/2 flipover ,200.00 LX-5 and a while ago there was a 30.00 vex  Stay safe and enjoy

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #15934 on: Jun 01, 2019, 06:10 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, Wally, OG, Morning Everyone,
  Welcome to June!  50* and calm this am, high of 76. Looks like the morning hours will be clear, thunderstorms expected to roll in throughout the afternoon and evening hours.

Thoughts and prayers sent to the all those involved in that horrible shooting yesterday in Virginia Beach. So sad and senseless.....

OG...get well soon Sir so we can hear some of those fishing reports!    :thumbsup:  Some great finds on CL!
  I-45...best wishes to you and your wife today with the moving Sir!   :thumbsup:
  Marv...sorry to read about the knee injury, yikes! Good luck with the MRI this am, hopefully it’s not as bad as the Dr. thinks and no surgery required....we’ll be pulling for you buddy!   :thumbsup:
  Steve..the dandelion’s have been in full swing blowing seeds here as well, resembles the cottonwood for sure. Have a huge cottonwood in my back yard growing pods, that will be an on going issue in about another 2 weeks...summer snow everywhere! 
  Tom...Michigan sounds like it’s similar to NY with some of the laws, lol. Wonder what the reason is behind private land being ok to hunt longer than public?  Good luck with the traps!    :thumbsup:
  H2...congratulations to your wife on her successful eye surgery and infusion, fantastic!   :clap:  Hope the inspection went well with the truck and the fishing was good yesterday.   :thumbsup:
  Jeff... glad everything went well at the appointments for you yesterday and your wife had safe travels for your home.  :thumbsup:  Catching up on the lawn mowing and weed whacking today....maybe a few beers in between, lol.
  Wally...wishing you and Mr.WW a safe ride today, hope the rain gear you purchased isn’t needed but works well if it does. Here’s to raising lots of money for the firefighters..... :bow: :clap: :thumbsup:

Was late on the rise yesterday morning, up way beyond my bedtime Thursday evening watching a documentary the RN helping me out mentioned....Weed The People. 
  It’s on Netflix if anyone is interested, maybe YouTube as well but not certain..very interesting take on how cannabis has had some miraculous success with young children fighting cancer in the medical profession. A real eye opener...may want to keep some tissues close by.
  Great wrap up to the week on the marble yesterday, beautiful weather and plenty of production. Time to get ready for today’s events...Cawfee’s on!
  Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15935 on: Jun 01, 2019, 06:17 AM »
49* with light rain.
First day on the water wasn't bad. Put 7 in the boat, five keepers, biggest 18 inches. Didn't keep any. There wasn't much sunshine and for awhile in the afternoon it got pretty breezy. Never took off my sweat shirt. Water temp 62*. Some guy "cut" in front of me at the launch while I was waiting to take out. I think he was a "jerk" in training because afterwards he came over and said he was "sorry". Usually they don't make eye contact.

Thoughts and prayers are with the victims of the shooting in VA.

Ice-45, hope the move goes OK. Don't over do.

The Jeep passed inspection.

Not a lot planned for today. Have a good day...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15936 on: Jun 01, 2019, 07:30 AM »
Thunder starting again this morning. There was some heavy rain 25 miles north of us last night when I hit the rack. In just a few minutes the heavy rain started. The thunder I am hearing is coming from 10 miles north.

Prayers for those in Virginia Beach and more so for where this great country seems to be headed.

We are having trouble getting on any thing else after I starting this post. Luckily I was able to post part of this as I was already on IS. I will continue this post now.

ww Wow! You already have blossoms coming plus it is starting to climb. I hope the lattice holds up as it grows. Mine might have done better if it had not been pulled out of a ditch and plus moved a couple of times.

I PMed Chip on Life Below Zero the other day. He does not set many traps in the water as the natives can shoot their muskrats and beaver. His family are all natives though he is not. He did say he has found some of the Mosin Nagen rifles he wanted for his wife as that is what she prefers to shoot big game with. He said that they will show up on the next season of LBZ.

Marv I tore my miniscus a long time ago. The surgery was not that bad. If I remember right the recoup was not that long either.

Eddie I think the reason for private land only for spring turkey with the tag I have is their is a limited amount of public in the southern part of the state so it would be over crowded. There is a lot of public land in the northen half of the lower and the UP. Where I normally do my hunting I can hunt both. Where I saw all of the toms I can only hunt private. If you ever looked at the hunting and fishing regualtions in Michigan you would be scratching you head trying to figure out all of the iffs, ands and butts in the regs.

IW The traps will be sold on an online auction in multiple lots. The auction site sells around 2500 lots a week. Hopefully I can get them listed early in the listings. I know therapy can result in pain as I have been through a lot of therapy. What is that old saying. NO pain NO gain! Where is the hiding under a chair emoji. I am a member on MY Hunting Forum but have not been on there in a long time.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #15937 on: Jun 01, 2019, 08:39 AM »
Thunder starting again this morning. There was some heavy rain 25 miles north of us last night when I hit the rack. In just a few minutes the heavy rain started. The thunder I am hearing is coming from 10 miles north.

Prayers for those in Virginia Beach and more so for where this great country seems to be headed.

We are having trouble getting on any thing else after I starting this post. Luckily I was able to post part of this as I was already on IS. I will continue this post now.

ww Wow! You already have blossoms coming plus it is starting to climb. I hope the lattice holds up as it grows. Mine might have done better if it had not been pulled out of a ditch and plus moved a couple of times.

I PMed Chip on Life Below Zero the other day. He does not set many traps in the water as the natives can shoot their muskrats and beaver. His family are all natives though he is not. He did say he has found some of the Mosin Nagen rifles he wanted for his wife as that is what she prefers to shoot big game with. He said that they will show up on the next season of LBZ.

Marv I tore my miniscus a long time ago. The surgery was not that bad. If I remember right the recoup was not that long either.

Eddie I think the reason for private land only for spring turkey with the tag I have is their is a limited amount of public in the southern part of the state so it would be over crowded. There is a lot of public land in the northen half of the lower and the UP. Where I normally do my hunting I can hunt both. Where I saw all of the toms I can only hunt private. If you ever looked at the hunting and fishing regualtions in Michigan you would be scratching you head trying to figure out all of the iffs, ands and butts in the regs.

IW The traps will be sold on an online auction in multiple lots. The auction site sells around 2500 lots a week. Hopefully I can get them listed early in the listings. I know therapy can result in pain as I have been through a lot of therapy. What is that old saying. NO pain NO gain! Where is the hiding under a chair emoji. I am a member on MY Hunting Forum but have not been on there in a long time.
               I thought that MHF would be a place to list them?

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #15938 on: Jun 01, 2019, 09:09 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

50 heading to 70 later today. It was a long night as a couple of storms passed through. We had wind and hail at midnight but all is well now. We had a couple of crab trees that just came into full bloom. The wind saw to it 90% of the blossoms are on the ground now :%$#!:

Thanks for the thoughts and comments, the MRI is done and I should know by tonight what's going on. TT my understanding is that the surgery isn't that bad but it's all based on the size of the tear. They did say normal recovery time is 3-4 weeks and usually PT is required with most of it being done at home which suits me fine. I suppose I should wait to see if the Dr is even right before jumping the gun. Based on how it feels I am guessing he will be close with his diagnosis.

Not a lot going on today, I am in charge of cutting some lilacs for the vase. Thank God the drinking lady doesn't have our vase, I would have to stay there overnight ???

Hope everyone has an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15939 on: Jun 01, 2019, 07:06 PM »
Well shed all secured, front shocks on, Got a look at the front breaks and rotors, not at all like reported be the dealership,  :nono: :nono: :nono: :%$#!: :%$#!:  more than half the pads and rotors like new.  Go figure.  Will have to get new shackle bolts before removing the 3" riser blocks on the rear,

Well I b the button showed up again  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #15940 on: Jun 01, 2019, 11:06 PM »
Good evening nice sunny day here think we reached 85 in the afternoon little rain around 9PM hearing rumbles of thunder as I type.
Ice Wanderer thank you for the clarification on your shoulders. Sounds like your therapist is upping the intensity of the sessions.
Wallyworld nice photo of the wisteria. hope you did not need the rain gear today.
Old Goat may you get over your bronchial problems soon so you can enjoy some fishing.
Eddie believe there is discussion going on currently in NYS legislature about legalizing some cannabis compounds for medical use one being pushed lacks the ingreedent that gives you the high.
Hunts2long congratulations on a good first outing for walleye. good to read your Jeep passed inspection.
Tom Turkey best to you selling your traps through the auction house. Thought Mr.Hailstone or one of his neighbors might be interested in them.
Whopper Stopper may the MRI show minor damage to your knee. My department head has had surgery to repair tears in both his knees believe Tom Turkey is correct on average recovery time.
IFF your shelter looks nice. Good you have mechanical knowledge and know what to check when looking at brakes and rotors many people would have told the dealership to replace both parts.

Stay safe everyone.
 Steve

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15941 on: Jun 01, 2019, 11:55 PM »
Steve, a lot easier to remove the front tires when changing shocks, and now I ire is up again, last week took it in for an oil change and air filter, was billed the full service and see the ball join grease fittings were never touched.  :%$#!: I would think the oil filter would have been changed also but doubt it was.

Looks like I have been missing out on the Walleye Whacking by the crew,

Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #15942 on: Jun 02, 2019, 05:27 AM »
Good Morning Bud, Morning Everyone,
  Calm and cloudy 55* this am, high of 71 today with thunderstorms making there way through again by late morning.

Bud...thanks for sharing the pictures, good looking carport and some real pretty walleyes!  :clap: :thumbsup:  It certainly is a big plus you are mechanically inclined and can do a lot of the work yourself...not to mention, doing it right! Good luck with the rest of the project Sir.
  Steve..wow, you had a hot day in your area yesterday! You’re right about the legislation/legalizing medical marijuana here in NY...haven’t heard very much on that recently.
  Marv...hope you had some good news last evening on the MRI!   :thumbsup:
  Jeff...how have the black flies been up your way?  They’re still holding their own here, mosquitoes have joined in now after a few warm days....and they’ve been hungry.   Hope your shoulder is feeling better today Sir!   :thumbsup:
  Wally....will be looking forward to your report, hope you had a safe ride and raised a bunch of money!   :thumbsup:
  I-45... hope the moving went well for you yesterday!   :thumbsup:
  H2....nice job on the walleyes your first trip out, excellent!!   :clap:
  Tom...thanks for the info on the turkey hunting. That’s awesome you PM Chip and get responses back.... :clap: :thumbsup:

Got most of my chores done around the house yesterday, some finishing up today. The garden is all in and all that’s left now is Mother Nature’s cooperation.
  Our local High School is having a chicken barbecue to raise some money today, so that’s on today’s menu. Hopefully the weather doesn’t discourage the support from the community.
  Lilacs are blooming here now, the hummingbird’s have returned, and it seems there is no shortage of honey bees around this year...guess that’s a good thing.   :thumbsup:    Cawfee’s on...

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #15943 on: Jun 02, 2019, 05:32 AM »

Good morning Bud, ER's,
                        It's 59* and hazy this morning, chance of some thunderstorms today. ::)
                        Bud.........Gotta watch those dealers, they tell you you need something but wo't let you back in the service area because of liability
               concerns. :cookoo: :%$#!:
                        Marv........I hope the MRI shows less than what the Dr. thinks and it's a minor thing. :thumbsup: I bought my wife a lilac bush on Friday
               we got it planted yesterday, I also cut some lilac flowers before I left for PT so the house smelled flowery when she got home. I wish they would
               stayed bloomed longer. ???
                        H2l..........I guess it was worth the wait getting out on the lake. :thumbsup: I hope you have more outings like that. :clap: :flex:
                        Eddie.......any plans getting on a stream and wetting a line? ??? The black flies aren't that bad depending where you are, here at my house
                they aren't bad but down the road at a neighbors they horrific because his property his swampy in the back. :o
                        Not much going on, I might be helping #2 son wire in a 240 volt outlet for his welder depending on his getting the material.
                        I hope everyone has a good Sunday either at work or out fishing.

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15944 on: Jun 02, 2019, 06:06 AM »
Morning all,

IW......nothing smells more "flowery" than a bouquet of lilacs, nicely done sir  :thumbsup: :bow: :clap:

WS.....your house must smell wonderful also  :thumbsup: :clap:  my  lilacs are just beginning to blossom, I always stop and give them a sniff when mowing around them ;)2

Eddie.....those summer time chicken bbqs always hit the spot  :thumbsup:  enjoy  ;)

IF45.....hope the move is going well and there was no trouble with the old landlord  :-\

MrC.....saw 81* here yesterday late afternoon, crazy humid too  :o

IFF.....looks like you need to spend some time on the water pretty soon  :whistle:

Had some t-storms pass thru about an hour before the ride started yesterday  ::)  roads were pretty wet and the sky was cloudy but still had about 150 bikes register  :thumbsup:  things looked good until about 15 minutes in when it began to rain again  ::)  good news is the rain suits worked perfectly  :clap:  there were quite a few riders that got absolutely soaked, but everyone carried on  :flex:  once we hit about the half way point, the skies cleared and it was smooth sailing the rest of the way  :clap:  by the time we reached the bbq at the end it was down right hot and humid  @)
all in all a good turn out and I'm sure lots of money raised  :thumbsup:

Have a good day whatever's on the agenda. Stay safe.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15945 on: Jun 02, 2019, 06:08 AM »
61* and some fog on the lake.

WS, good luck with the MRI.

IFF, those are some NICE walleyes. You don't see many like that out of this lake. My brother once took his truck in for a .99 cent inspection. They told him he needed $1700 worth of work on it first. He took to where he had bought it and it passed.

Eddie, black flies haven't been too bad here at the house but my daughter's dogs have been having an issue with bites on their bellies. Both dogs have short hair. She even took one to the vets ($200) and they told her "black flies have been bad this year for pets." They gave her some wipes to put on the dog. She asked if she could use it on the other dog and they told she would have to bring the dog in to be looked at. Do you think they wanted another $200?

WW, hope the ride went well and you raised a lot of money.

Have a good day....h2l

WW, I see you posted. Great pictures. It got overcast here for awhile but then cleared up for nice afternoon. That looks like a good turn out for the ride, hope they didn't run out of chicken. Glad you suits worked well and that you had a good time...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #15946 on: Jun 02, 2019, 07:15 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

50 heading to 75 later on today. It looks like a sunny day is on tap.

Nice pictures WW :thumbsup: Looked like a good turn out and what a spread of food :clap:

Eddie enjoy the chicken, hope the whole community turns out to help with the fund raiser :thumbsup:

IW enjoy the lilacs, I just about cut new ones daily. A couple of the neighbors have 6-8 bushes I have about 15 so when we open the windows or go outside we are met by the wonderful fragrance.

h2l good going on the fish outing :thumbsup:

No word yet on my MRI results. I was kind of disappointed being they told me they would be posted yesterday. Maybe no news is good news ???

I have a lawn that is on tap to mow today. The s-i-l was here at first light to get her kayak, looks like a nice day for it.

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15947 on: Jun 02, 2019, 07:41 AM »
48* to start the day. Possible frost just north of us tomorrow. the southern part got hit by some nasty storms yesterday late after noon. My son's power went out in GR. He said there was a loud boom and the power went out. I am guessing something blew in a substation. when I looked a few hours later his power was back on. Luckily it looked like not to many lost power. The power companies have a place you can look at outages on their web sites.

Only a few things to get marked for the auction and then the long time writing them up for the auction. Selling this way I do not have to deal with shipping any thing. Every thing has to be picked up at the auction site. he will ship firearms to another FFL

IFF Those are some nice walleyes. The east side of Michigan has a great walleye fishery. I have never
fished their as it is a long drive. Plus I do not like combat fishing, to many boats!

H2l There are a lot of crooked service garages around. My life long hunting buddy had a squeek in his truck after he left the place he had been having his oil changed and greased for a long time. He found that they had never greased a couple of fittings. He went back and made them grease them and never went back. One time I had an oil change and greese job on my work truck at Walmart. I asked them if they had greased the universal joints. They said no as it took a special fitting fitting when all it took was a stright one. I raised enough H that I got all of my money back including the oil change.

ww. Those pictures of the chicken reminded me of the chicken bbq the local fire department put on every year. they raise a big amount of money as teir was a big turn out.

I for got to mention the "Blessing of the Bikes in Baldwin Michigan every year. Their are over 2,000 bikes that show up every year.  Google it and it should show up.

H2L Some of these vets are sure after the $$$$. What difference should it make if you use the wipes? I think that powdered Sevin is safe to use on animals. It might help with the black flies. Check to make sure before trying it.

The wife got a big bear hug from one of the best vet tecks in the world at the grocery store yesterday. She worked for the local vet for years and stayed on when he passed. The practice was sold. She was having issues with needing her knees replaced and asked to work the desk. Instead they fired her. She told the wife that she had to put all of the dogs down as the other techs would not do it. She had to put 8 dogs down one day alone.

WS I have before and after picture of my miniscus surgery some where.  The tear was pretty jaked before the fixed it. It was done arthoscopicaly so there are only a couple small incisions.

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15948 on: Jun 02, 2019, 06:03 PM »
Good Evening Everyone, Yesterday and Today were very busy days. Yesterday had a great group of people from the church help us move stuff to storage. We filled the storage unit to capacity.Today was the big move. My wife God Bless her wasn’t able to finish packing. My head and back have been very bad and i’ve Been having trouble walking.Her sisters came early and took over and just started throwing stuff in boxes and not labeling them. The movers were good though my wife and sisters had to help them. They left some furniture at the house. When they got to the new house they weren’t able to get up the driveway. The truck kept bottoming out. They had to bring each piece up and when they got in the house dropped boxes everywhere. Box spring and a armoire are sitting in the living room. 2 of the guys were good and helpful. The third one was not so nice and helpful. They did get a very good tip and will get a good review. One of my wife’s sisters husband wanted to know why I couldn’t help. He thinks i’m Faking. My poor wife was in tears today. She’s at Walmart buying sheets because we have no idea where anything is. Our poor dog is out of sorts. As I told my wife we have each other and God. Everything will be ok. I hope everyone had a good weekend. I’ll read later what everyone has been up too.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15949 on: Jun 02, 2019, 07:45 PM »
Back to work tomorrow for the closing shift.  See I need to play Marv and do some tree trimming.  Got dead branches in the Ash trees, and one Locust tree.

Now days it seems like the ground is becoming a human magnet,  get down and hard to get up  ;D 

Fisher-45 I always think moving has got to be the worst job.

H2L, yeah see a few eyes like that but really not that often.  I can be happy with the limit of 3 between 18 and 20" ones.

Temp here today went over 80,

WW right, I want to see my boat on the water soon.  Get caught up with the chores and Dr. visits, might just have to pick a day and go.

Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #15950 on: Jun 02, 2019, 08:25 PM »
Good evening after posting yesterday had brief thunder storm,today was another sunny day had another period of heavy rainfall around 8PM seems to be over now unless more is on it's way.
IFF sorry the auto service center did not due what you paid for hope they changed the oil filter. Nice walleyes your friend caught tell him congrats and he needs to change date stamp on his camera photos show Sept.2015 .Be careful with the tree trimming.
Eddie may the garden provide many fresh vegetables for you. Hope there was a good turn out for the high school barbecue and good sum of money raised.
Ice Wanderer thankful black flies are not to big of a problem in my area. did you get the high voltage outlet installed for son#2's welder.
Wallyworld happy to read new rain gear kept you dry . Nice photos hope the event raised a large sum for the fire department. Looks like you had plenty of barbecued chicken to enjoy.
Whopper Stopper Lilacs due have a nice scent I due feel bad this time of year for folks sensitive to all the different pollens in the air. May you get the MRI results soon. Hope your SIL had a nice day out in her kayak.
Hunts2long it is sad that many auto service centers scam their customers. A cousin of mine worked at local B.F.Goodrich center in the 1970's he said their big thing besides tires was to tell folks they needed new shocks.Your daughter might want to research if it is safe to use citronella oil on the dogs no idea if it would cause problems when dogs ingested some of it by licking their fur.
Tom Turkey may you stay in the clear with the weather. Glad your son's power outage was a brief one. Sorry your wife's friend was not treated better by new owner of vet practice.
Icefisher-45 your dog will probably take a few days to get adjusted to new surroundings. Happy your church family helped with the move take your time unpacking . sad your BIL thinks your faking medical problems.

Have a good night everyone.
Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #15951 on: Jun 03, 2019, 02:41 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  A rather cool and windy start to the day this am. 46* with WNW winds at 10-20, high of 57 today.

Steve...appeared to be a very good turnout at the fund raiser despite the weather, thanks!   :thumbsup:  The garden is starting to take shape, just need to string out some nicer weather!   ;D
  Jeff...hope the wiring job went well at your sons house yesterday.  :thumbsup:  Have been itching to wet a line and get out in my boat, just waiting to heal some more. See the Dr. for a follow up again today....hopefully this will be the last of the packing needed. 
  Wally...excellent pictures and recap of the ride, very good turnout! Glad you had a safe ride and stayed dry with the new rain gear, awesome!   :clap: :bow: :thumbsup:
  H2...agree about the Vet for another $200 charge, and more than likely exact diagnosis. Might be a bit windy out on the reservoir today, best of luck to you if heading out.   :thumbsup:
  Marv...if they didn’t post your results yesterday, best wishes on today’s report Sir!   :thumbsup: 
  Tom...good luck with the auction, hope your traps bring a good price!    :thumbsup:
  I-45...moving is probably one of the most stressful things to do, especially in your condition. Sounds like you had some very good people with you for the most part....it will all work out ok now.   :clap: :thumbsup:
  Bud...we’ll be here waiting for your report when you get out....best of luck hooking into some nice eyes!   :thumbsup:

Back to the marble this am...and hooded sweatshirts,  ;D
  Had a wake to attend for a family friend who past yesterday. Had been battling diabetes for a long time, it got the best of him sadly.
  Crossing fingers today will be the last day to see the Dr. and with a little luck, the RN who has been tending me daily.
  Running behind, so Cawfee’s on...

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #15952 on: Jun 03, 2019, 04:47 AM »

Good morning Eddie, Er's,
                            It's 42* and clear here on my hill, the guessers say no warm weather til Thursday. ::)
                            Eddie.........I guess I missed the part about packing your arm, did the Dr. leave a open wound that had to be packed so it would
               heal from the bottom up? ???
                            Steve........My son wasn't able to get all the material at Lowe's so I am going today to a electrical supply to get what he needs. I'll
               probably do it after. :flex:
                            Wally.........Nice pictures, except for the rain looks like a nice time. :thumbsup:
                            I-45..........Well the move is over but now for the unpacking. :%$#!: I wouldn't worry about what the wife's brother in law thinks, :cookoo:
              no one knows what a person is going through except you and your wife. I hope the Dr. can get you straightened out. :flex:
                            Bud...........Falling is a common thing just don't get hurt. I should know. lol :roflmao: I hope you can get out on the boat soon? ???
                            Marv..........I was surprised that you would get a report on a Saturday, You should get it today, good luck. :flex:
                            No PT today, I have it on Wednesday and Friday this week. I still do it at home though. :whistle:
                            I hope everyone has a good Monday either at work or out fishing.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #15953 on: Jun 03, 2019, 05:18 AM »
Good morning Eddie, IW! Good morning everyone :bow:

56 heading to  80 later today with a warm 20mph wind.

Eddie hope you get a clean bill off health and can send the packing, packing :thumbsup: Hope you and the crew have a good week Sir!

IW I was surprised too, but I was also surprised they did MRI's on Sunday with it being one of their biggest days. Anyway, if I don't hear something today I will contact them. Maybe the RN forgot what day it was when she passed along the info to me ???

45 so glad to hear the Church members gave you a hand :thumbsup: It has to weigh on your mind the comments made but like IW said, try to brush it off. Some people are just that way.

WW hope you have an excellent day :thumbsup:

The Dr told me once my knee loosens up walking is fine, so I am going to get dropped off this morning but am only going 2 miles.

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15954 on: Jun 03, 2019, 05:50 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, Nice out today. Have to go back to the old house today to finish cleaning and need to pack up the dishes and to bring some stuff over that got left behind. Thank you everyone for the well wishes about the move.

IFF, I hope you get on the water soon. I wish I was more mechanically inclined.

Whopper Stopper, I hope your knee feels better after it loosens up. I hate seeing my wife upset.

Ice Wanderer, it’s good you keep up with the PT. So many people only do pt on their days to go.

Mason Eddie, I’m sorry about the passing of your friend. Prayers that this will be the last Doctors visit for your wife.

I hope everyone has a great and safe day.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15955 on: Jun 03, 2019, 05:52 AM »
42* sunny but a breeze.
Eddie, sorry about the loss of your friend. No fishing today, looks like end the week before I get out again.
Ice-45, glad you are into the new location. Moving is such a pain. Glad you had some good help, just take your time and don't over do it.
IFF, I don't keep many but 18/20 are nice ones to have to clean. I had a 16' StarCraft like that back in the early 70's. My Uncle sold them and Johnson motors.
IW, keep up with the PT.
WS, seems like you would get some kind of results back but we have learned that sometimes it takes a phone call or e-mail.
The last two days I have been moving things around in the garage now that the boat is out of it. Wife wants to have a garage sale I want to take most of it to the Salvation Army.

Hope you all have a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15956 on: Jun 03, 2019, 06:24 AM »
Morning all,

Eddie.....fingers crossed the doctor cuts you free today  ;D  glad to hear the bbq was a success  :thumbsup:  sorry for your loss  :'(

WS.....hope you get some good news today from the mri  ;) 

IW.....no frost this morning  ???

IF45......one box at a time, things will settle down as you get used to the new place  :)

H2L.....the salvation army is my go to for stuff I no longer need, never got involved in garage sales  ::)

IFF.....nice boat  :thumbsup: looks sad and lonely tho  :(  needs some quality time with you  ;)2

MrC.....the rain has moved on, now it's the cold & wind  :blink: 

TT....that's a LOT of bikes  :o 

Grocery shopping and a ride to camp to mow on tap today  ::) 

::)ave a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15957 on: Jun 03, 2019, 06:50 AM »
358 when I got up. I checked the northern temperatures and none were down to 328 or lower but close. I am sure there is frost in the lowlands.

IF-45 Just ignore the guys remarks. When I had to go on disability a guy was saying about the same thing. I sat down and took my shoes off and told him give me your shoes. You are welcome to walk in my shoes to see how it is. Take it easy getting things organized in your new place.

I need to get my yard mowed and an old garden spot tilled and planted to grass. Compared to how the neighbors have cleaned up their place to put it up for sale, mine looks pretty shabby on that side. I think I will take out the blue berries on that side as they have never produced very well and make it all lawn.

Eddie I guess they must not have closed up where they took out the cyst. Sounds weird to me. The wife took out a mist suture out of where she had the s cyst taken out yesterday. They use sutch fine sutures it is easy to miss one.

I need to get on the road to the auction site and get back home. I tried to transfer some funds online with my bank. They did not go where I wanted them too.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #15958 on: Jun 03, 2019, 03:39 PM »
Good afternoon everyone :bow:

I had a fairly big day tilling and weeding my hostas in between hanging on the phone.

I did hear about my MRI but frankly it is hard to decipher what is going on. I even called a member of my Dr care team to see what all the mumbo jumbo meant and she couldn't help. I have an appointment with a surgeon on Friday morning to go over the MRI. I was told they were following normal  protocol in laying out the diagnosis. Unfortunately I never had 7 year of college to allow me to understand all that I know from what I read ???

The little I did get out of it was was that there are some tears, there is swelling and they noted a popliteal, cyst which probably came from the arthritis they noted in my knee. It sounds like orthopedic surgery is a popular method but from what was written, it will be up to the surgeon to make the call.

That's my report.

Hope you all have an excellent and safe evening.

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15959 on: Jun 03, 2019, 03:47 PM »
WS.....sounds like maybe it's not as bad as it could be  ???  hopefully pt and/or surgery will relieve the pain and get you moving like your old self again  :flex: :whistle:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.