New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Say it is NOT TRUE!  (Read 4616 times)

Offline Neil McCauley

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Say it is NOT TRUE!
« Reply #30 on: Feb 19, 2023, 05:38 AM »
I love eating freshwater fish, but am selective when it comes to the fingerlakes. Some of those lakes are...just gross. All that farm field run off, the history of pollution, invasive species, the canal, algae blooms, etc. Canadice/Hemlock are great. I avoid the rest. Not saying it's unsafe eating, it's just, blech.

Offline greensider

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #31 on: Feb 19, 2023, 05:39 AM »
I can't afford to eat fast food anymore 30 bucks for 2 people at mc Ds is to much for me

Offline Salty Ice Queen

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Feb 19, 2023, 06:50 PM »
I agree,..also today..as a farmer..there are regulations on how much fertilizer to be allowed on feilds..let's face the realization..if not chicken poo,..pig,poo,cow poo ..you need fertilizer no matter what for food productions..oh..and most importantly fish poo..the best. All in moderation..
I don't believe a dang thing the government says.

Offline meandcuznalfy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Feb 19, 2023, 06:59 PM »
I agree,..also today..as a farmer..there are regulations on how much fertilizer to be allowed on feilds..let's face the realization..if not chicken poo,..pig,poo,cow poo ..you need fertilizer no matter what for food productions..oh..and most importantly fish poo..the best. All in moderation..
I don't believe a dang thing the government says.
Human poo is the best, but out here so many of the of the streams have been polluted by mining that there is a fish consumption advisory on most water bodies, wild birds can be a crap shoot, cause if migratory waterfowl spend anytime on a mine leech lake they're also contaminated if it don't kill them before you do.

Offline Salty Ice Queen

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Feb 19, 2023, 07:09 PM »
That's sad..to know..try taking a sample of your streams and local lakes..on your own and sending them off to labs..see what you get to compare too?
This way you have different
Annualized documents to run on. :o

Offline Salty Ice Queen

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Feb 19, 2023, 07:15 PM »
My resulation is ,.you must investigate yourself to know the facts for sure..
What I hear or read to me is nothing until I research it myself..then I make my own analysis..😁

Offline meandcuznalfy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #36 on: Feb 19, 2023, 07:28 PM »
That'd be a great thing, but been eating fish out of these waters my whole life. I remember fishing streams that my grandfather told me he remembered when they had no fish and hunting in areas where they had no elk, sadly even not eating fish from these places still won't keep you safe, game birds and animals use them also, so your getting some sort of poisoning by eating them. A couple years ago thousands of birds landed in a open pit mine in a storm and got contaminated, some were found dead on the water, some a few miles away, some hundreds of miles away, those that survived have some sort of contamination, so not everything wild is as pure as we think it is.

Offline Salty Ice Queen

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #37 on: Feb 19, 2023, 07:37 PM »
That's horrible.  I'm not sure of the area your speaking of..But as for human compost..unless a incinerator is used .aI wouldn't recommend taking s dump in your garden for you all to feast on..or others.

Offline Salty Ice Queen

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #38 on: Feb 19, 2023, 07:45 PM »
As for me..I'm near the border line of east Palestine Ohio...and people in slippery rock Pa ,.have issues from this crap.
IM above them. So I'll be having my only water source tested..a natural spring.

Offline WARRIOR_ON_ICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Long Live the WARRIOR
« Reply #39 on: Feb 19, 2023, 10:29 PM »
I just got done eating 2 big platefuls of deep-fried pike caught in the middle of the ADK's this wknd. Absolutley delectable and a delicacy that can't be matched. I will be doing the same tomorrow, and have been eating large amounts of pike, 3 dinners per week since late December with no end in sight. I am not worried about eating fish from pretty much any body of water in eastern NY where I do all of my fishing.
The Ultimate Warrior is possessed with great power from the heavens above ! Against the mighty lake trout and pike and schools of crappie, the power of the WARRIOR will always ......... PREVAIL !!!

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #40 on: Feb 20, 2023, 05:29 AM »
i  kinda  think this is  the left wing thread ........warrior i'm  with you i just had a   dinner of   fingerlake   perch fillets ,pasta salad ,and a ice  cold  yuengling............. ........  life is good

Offline NOT ME

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • It's a prodigious achievement!
« Reply #41 on: Feb 20, 2023, 06:34 AM »
The humanist, marxist globalists want us all to eat bugs. So we can all just eat our bait.
It's stupendous!  It's colossal!  It's putrid!!

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #42 on: Feb 20, 2023, 07:50 AM »
i rather  have  a  perch dinner then  tofu  anyday  ........

Offline Salty Ice Queen

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #43 on: Feb 20, 2023, 08:12 AM »
The only lefty I do is with The hand I write with..All the lakes I fish in from N.W.P.A and N.Y. I havnt had a problem from..I have been eating Bass since December and its dang good. :tipup:

Offline Fishin-Mission

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #44 on: Feb 20, 2023, 09:03 AM »
No matter what you eat in this world, you will most likely find some sort of pollutants in their flesh. I believe it was Robert F Kennedy Jr. who excessively consumed tuna instead of red meat to avoid the negative effects of red meat. Well, as a result he ended up with mercury poisoning because mercury had accumulated in the tuna. No matter what we consume it may have negative health effects if we do it in excess. I believe moderation is the key to avoiding the negative effects of anything. I say eat what you want to, enjoy life while you can, because living is going to kill you some day. You might as well enjoy your life while you're here on earth because you never know when your time is up. Even fish from the middle of the Adirondacks have a NY Dec caution about mercury in them. I thought how can that be, there is minimal industry in the Adirondacks. Certainly no mercury production, like that from LCP and other sources near Onondaga Lake. Well I discovered the mercury was from burning coal. I grew up in the Adirondacks, consumed many fish from its' waters and will continue to consume them in moderation. My wife wants to eat vegan/vegetarian, I enjoy some meat and really do not enjoy her diet. Life is going to kill me some day, so I eat what I want to enjoy my life.

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #45 on: Feb 20, 2023, 02:50 PM »
i'm going to  fry up some mercury and  PCB laced  oneida lake walleye  fillets for  dinner ....... not sure  whats in the french fries

Offline 62&done

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #46 on: Feb 20, 2023, 03:24 PM »
It's crispy bluegill fillets for me tonight. I picked out the few grubs I found and the rest will go down the hatch   MMMMM   can't wait

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #47 on: Feb 20, 2023, 05:11 PM »
PCBs  kill the  grubs  anyways   ...... :roflmao:

Offline T-Rok

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #48 on: Feb 20, 2023, 05:27 PM »
I would like to see results for toxins in farm chickens, pigs, cows, etc... I bet they all have toxins. I bet the dirt in my yard has toxins. I bet there are toxins everywhere. I'm not saying I'm going to eat some bass out of onodaga lake, but i ain't scared to eat fish from the fingerlakes or from the store or any meat. lefties writing articles to get people to not eat meat can take break for awhile. I'm not going to believe almost anything they try to preach because I know they have an agenda. I bet the person who wrote the article was just trying to get people to turn vegan. lol.

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #49 on: Feb 20, 2023, 05:50 PM »
i like  to  fish  but truth i  fish  for   dinner ...i  catch them i'm eatting them  thats why i  fish  and  hunt

Offline WARRIOR_ON_ICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Long Live the WARRIOR
« Reply #50 on: Feb 20, 2023, 07:08 PM »
i like  to  fish  but truth i  fish  for   dinner ...i  catch them i'm eatting them  thats why i  fish  and  hunt

Yep, as fun as it is to pull the fish through the hole in the ice, I probably only would have ice fished a few times in my life to get that catching experience, and then never gone again if I was not a huge fan of the fish fry that follows a day of successful catching. For myself and my 2 teenagers, it has been our raison d'etre for 3 months a year since they were 5 years old. I always ate more of what we caught so that I could limit them to the 1/2 pound of fish per week average that NY DEC advises as a general fish eating guideline from waters statewide.
The Ultimate Warrior is possessed with great power from the heavens above ! Against the mighty lake trout and pike and schools of crappie, the power of the WARRIOR will always ......... PREVAIL !!!

Offline WARRIOR_ON_ICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Long Live the WARRIOR
« Reply #51 on: Feb 20, 2023, 07:12 PM »
It's crispy bluegill fillets for me tonight. I picked out the few grubs I found and the rest will go down the hatch   MMMMM   can't wait

You are one lucky guy to be eating fresh caught bluegills. I do not target them, and I don't do much jigging anyway, but I ate alot of bluegill from open water fishing as a youth and they are incredible eating. From the favorite eating fish polls that get conducted on this forum every few years, bluegill made the top of a lot of guys' lists.  ;) :thumbsup:

Offline Riddlefiddle

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #52 on: Feb 24, 2023, 06:27 PM »
icefishermanny i hate to  bust your  bubble  of  self blame  and   shame  but   you  didn't pollute  anything and  neither did anyone  else in here  ......  99 %  of the human population are not responceable  for pollution  climate change  corperate  greed  the  cost of  eggs wars animals  going instinct   or any  of the  other stupid crap   snow flakes and  elitist want to blame on you ...my suggestion  flillet a  bucket of perch    get the deep  frier going and  enjoy dinner   trade that  glass of koolaid  for a  cold  beer
well said
Resistance to tyranny is obedience to God.

Offline BeenPerchin315

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yes. There will be ice and I will fish it.
« Reply #53 on: Feb 25, 2023, 08:32 PM »
Hey trap them French fries they only got processed this and carboloxified blah blah in them. They’re good to go sold in stores. Lol
Got any extra pcb lace walleyes them sound tasty. Lol

Catch fish. Eat fish. Repeat.
Disclaimer:
I make statements based on my experiences in the location I fished only. Check ice conditions for yourself.
Stay safe. Tight lines.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.