The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: JINX!!!!!  (Read 3375 times)

Offline wingnutty

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: JINX!!!!!
« Reply #30 on: Dec 04, 2013, 08:50 PM »
what the heck are you guys talking about!!!!! yes, living in Montana....are you both generation montanans's?......I was only saying that seeing flathead freeze over would be hard on other folks.....this whole hippie fish thing is ridiculous..oh, by the way, yes I have a relative who is a small person....and I saw your post to nonya...and I
 am not a big fan of nonya...but the fact that called him a midget....is really offensive.....you are not a hippie...you are just lucky enough to have a lot of time to fish...congrats....did you used to work for UPS????

??? ??? ??? Enter the most confusing and strange post in MT Ice Shanty history. 

Are you really offended by people getting excited about the chance to fish lakers on flathead?  Dude, you seriously need to grow thicker skin ::)

Maybe you should try a different board if you hate cold weather/ice so much!

Screw that.  I'm hoping for 90 degree temps so I can swim in flathead in January without a wetsuit.  Screw all's ya'll ;D

Offline gso12

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Dec 04, 2013, 08:54 PM »
This went off topic ??? 
]

Offline heine

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Dec 04, 2013, 09:00 PM »
what the heck are you guys talking about!!!!! yes, living in Montana....are you both generation montanans's?......I was only saying that seeing flathead freeze over would be hard on other folks.....this whole hippie fish thing is ridiculous..oh, by the way, yes I have a relative who is a small person....and I saw your post to nonya...and I
 am not a big fan of nonya...but the fact that called him a midget....is really offensive.....you are not a hippie...you are just lucky enough to have a lot of time to fish...congrats....did you used to work for UPS????
If you dont know the hippie quote then you really shouldn't be trying to use that against him? this argument makes no sense to me to be completely honest.. congratulations on getting the first random blowup on ice shanty for this fishing season. another question, if you don't like the cold why did you use it in your user name?  :o

Offline coldcreekchris

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #33 on: Dec 04, 2013, 09:18 PM »
are you serious heine????I never said anything ridiculous.....I was just speaking my mind....can't I say that...even if im a d*ck......I had a point,,,whether it was trivial...it was still a point.....

Offline coldcreekchris

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #34 on: Dec 04, 2013, 09:39 PM »
??? ??? ??? Enter the most confusing and strange post in MT Ice Shanty history. 

Are you really offended by people getting excited about the chance to fish lakers on flathead?  Dude, you seriously need to grow thicker skin ::)

Screw that.  I'm hoping for 90 degree temps so I can swim in flathead in January without a wetsuit.  Screw all's ya'll ;D
[uot

unbulviable....how could you have that opinion from what I posted?????e]

Offline heine

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Dec 04, 2013, 09:41 PM »
are you serious heine????I never said anything ridiculous.....I was just speaking my mind....can't I say that...even if im a d*ck......I had a point,,,whether it was trivial...it was still a point.....
yes im serious. What did missoulafish ever do to set you off? That comment was out of nowhere. People were talking about how it would be cool for something rare to happen this year, not saying how awesome it would be to see farmers and ranchers to have to feed more, to have to check waterers to make sure they aren't freezing and general maintenance that comes with raising beef in cold weather. We aren't just, to use your word, "jazzed" to go out and catch a 40" laker, we are excited for the rarity of seeing the biggest natural freshwater lake on the west side of the Mississippi freeze over. Is that such a bad thing to talk about? Is it really that offensive to you to talk about a large body of water freezing over?

Offline wingnutty

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Dec 04, 2013, 09:45 PM »

I disagree:

ridiculous: extremely silly or unreasonable

Synonyms
    absurd, cockamamy (or cockamamie), comical, derisive, derisory, farcical, laughable, ludicrous, pathetic, preposterous, risible, silly, for the birds

Anyway, with regards to livestock and weather, our worst weather isn't as horrible as eastern Montana's weather on a good day.  Go to weather.com and type in 'Malta' for cripes sakes...(and yes, I have lived in Malta).  Folks there make by every year, so even if we do dip below zero for a week or two here, there really isn't much to complain about, we are living in Montana after all.  Hell, when i was in malta during the winter of 2010/2011, it didn't get above zero degrees for one second of any day in January or Feb and it snowed almost every day!  Hardly comparable to a hard winter in the Mission for Flathead Valley  ::).   

As previously mentioned, nobody here is praying for a massive blizzard, most folks are just hopefully that if we do have to endure some cold weather, we at least get to fish flathead as an ancillary benefit. 

Offline coldcreekchris

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #37 on: Dec 04, 2013, 10:27 PM »
that's so typical.....anytime someone has a diferrent perception than you....it seems you reprimand them....and of course... you easily have  the support. of you....with that said, it seems nobody catches the fish the way you do....and even more....nobody can compare to the pics you show online......great fish...artiscally shot....but this isn't your site....I am sorry I am acting like such a d<ck....I do respect you...but believe it or not....others have an opinion too....
that's so typical.....anytime someone has a diferrent perception than you....it seems you reprimand them....and of course... you easily have  the support. of you....with that said, it seems nobody catches the fish the way you do....and even more....nobody can compare to the pics you show online......great fish...artiscally shot....but this isn't your site....I am sorry I am acting like such a d<ck....I do respect you...but believe it or not....others have an opinion too....
s
I disagree:

ridiculous: extremely silly or unreasonable

Synonyms
    absurd, cockamamy (or cockamamie), comical, derisive, derisory, farcical, laughable, ludicrous, pathetic, preposterous, risible, silly, for the birds

Anyway, with regards to livestock and weather, our worst weather isn't as horrible as eastern Montana's weather on a good day.  Go to weather.com and type in 'Malta' for cripes sakes...(and yes, I have lived in Malta).  Folks there make by every year, so even if we do dip below zero for a week or two here, there really isn't much to complain about, we are living in Montana after all.  Hell, when i was in malta during the winter of 2010/2011, it didn't get above zero degrees for one second of any day in January or Feb and it snowed almost every day!  Hardly comparable to a hard winter in the Mission for Flathead Valley  ::).   

As previously mentioned, nobody here is praying for a massive blizzard, most folks are just hopefully that if we do have to endure some cold weather, we at least get to fish flathead as an ancillary benefit.
apologies to Missoula fish....just was trying to state an opinion....sorry m fish about your thanks to everyone cept the m>>>dget...didn't mean to cause so much craziness.....we all have our stories of how cold weather affects our livestoack......from now on... I will just keep my mouth shut.....

Offline Hydro

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #38 on: Dec 04, 2013, 10:52 PM »
Just checked the Polson weather station - currently 6.7 degrees and there has been zero recorded wind since 5:00pm.  ;D Bring on the ice!

Offline heine

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Dec 05, 2013, 12:27 AM »
Just checked the Polson weather station - currently 6.7 degrees and there has been zero recorded wind since 5:00pm.  ;D Bring on the ice!
perfect now I know ahead of time so I can put my cows in my barn ;)

Offline Born 2 Jig

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #40 on: Dec 05, 2013, 12:50 AM »
Is that a "your fly is open" reference? haha!

Offline heine

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #41 on: Dec 05, 2013, 11:58 AM »
Is that a "your fly is open" reference? haha!
Haha not necessarily, but it works! Wouldn't want to freeze them! It's -4 right beside flathead lake, well on our way to getting the full freeze!

Offline JayHelfrich

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • My kids can out fish you!
« Reply #42 on: Dec 05, 2013, 04:46 PM »
Will it be cold enough to freeze Noxon over enough to search for walleye?

Jay
Take a kid fishing.

Kids that hunt, fish, and trap don't rob anyone's grandma!

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
« Reply #43 on: Dec 05, 2013, 05:10 PM »
Looking at the weather, this is cold as I can remember it up there (since I've started fishing up there ) in a long time. Especially this early!

Offline Hydro

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #44 on: Dec 05, 2013, 06:24 PM »
Will it be cold enough to freeze Noxon over enough to search for walleye?

Jay

I hope so, that would be really cool!

Offline J_Edwards

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #45 on: Dec 05, 2013, 08:37 PM »
If that freezes, I'm going AWOL!!

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
« Reply #46 on: Dec 05, 2013, 08:46 PM »
Haha!!!

Offline J_Edwards

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #47 on: Dec 05, 2013, 08:50 PM »
I just can't believe the winter after I leave, this is how it kicks off.  Ridiculous! Happy for you guys, but very jealous!!  I sure hope to come back in a few years.

Offline heine

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #48 on: Dec 05, 2013, 10:59 PM »
5 miles away from the lake, current temp is 2 degrees!!!! been dippin between 2 and -1 woot woot!!

Offline MTangler

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Here fishy fishy fishy.
« Reply #49 on: Dec 06, 2013, 08:37 AM »
Haha henry. Don't act like you have it so bad up there!  ;D

MTA

Offline J_Edwards

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #50 on: Dec 06, 2013, 09:33 AM »
It's awesome up here, but I still miss Montana and walleyes and perch.

Offline Papa John

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #51 on: Dec 06, 2013, 12:22 PM »
North shore report: The Flathead river is frozen both up and downstream from Sportsman access by the cut-off bridge. Somers Bay is frozen on the shallow side out to the island and the main Bay by the boat launch is slushed up and starting to freeze. My guess is there will be ice on it by Monday IF the wind goes down. Doesn't look like it will though.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.