The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Hyalite reservoir  (Read 5134 times)

Offline TheGreenHornet

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Hyalite reservoir
« Reply #30 on: Feb 07, 2012, 05:00 PM »
Looks like it is in the central district as stated so your off the hook...It's hard to keep up with all the regulations.  I think it's too complicated and having different regulations for all these different waters makes it tough to keep things straight.

Offline wolf777

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #31 on: Feb 07, 2012, 05:14 PM »
I agree it's a lot of regulations, but if you are fishing a certain body of water it doesn't take but a minute to read the district regs on bait, limits, icefishing and water specific regs. I like being able to come on to ice shanty and get everybodies interpretation when there is a constructive thread that doesn't turn into a b!$#% session. I don't know about you guys but i always carry the regs in my tackle box so when situations like this come up i can look before i act.

Offline lipripr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Feb 07, 2012, 10:26 PM »
Agree with both the Hornet and the Wolf. It's tough to keep up with the regs from one body of water to another. Especially when they vary in the same fishing district. I usually fish a limited few areas in one district so am familiar with them. But on the rare occasion I have the opportunity to venture elsewhere, its time to bring out the regs. Not sure about any changes for 2012???, but I'm sure something is going to change in some form or another.

Offline flyfishbowhunticefish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Feb 16, 2012, 08:52 PM »
Anyone heading up tomorrow night?
Y'all catchin?

Offline mtman000

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #34 on: Feb 20, 2012, 08:19 PM »
anyone make it up to hyalite lately, havent fished there in years but was up there sat morning and fished for a few hours and didnt have much luck. not sure what people have been fishing with up there lately, would love to get into some of those brookies. they is good eatin.

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Feb 21, 2012, 02:02 AM »
Two trips since last post. Just got back. Not much goin on. They'll bite but its hard. Look for the brookies at the creek mouths. Usually right under the ice in -8 ft water. Glow pink green and red are good bets. Its slow but if you find some brookies they'll bite. try crawlers or Butterworms or waxworms. Sometimes the variety makes a difference. Out yeah last nite. Three people, 8 hours, maybe fifteen fish....not so good. Tonight. Two people, 6hours, four trout. ???? Bummer. Cant wait to hit some Lakers soon!
Y'all catchin?

Offline wolf777

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #36 on: Feb 21, 2012, 02:10 AM »
Thanks for the report. Where are you going to hit the lakers at?

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #37 on: Feb 21, 2012, 10:19 AM »
Blue mesa, co. Ill be moving there in a week.
Y'all catchin?

Offline mtman000

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #38 on: Feb 22, 2012, 08:30 PM »
thanks for the report flyfishbow. sounds like you've been hitting hyalite alot. any time of day you've done better with the brookies, or bout the same throughout the day

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Feb 22, 2012, 09:35 PM »
Seems like they come up close to the ice when the suns high. But other than that not really. Perhaps after twelve till about five I'd sat is the best.
Y'all catchin?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.