The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: wholesale sports  (Read 3405 times)

Offline PerchAssault

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Established 2006
Re: wholesale sports
« Reply #30 on: Dec 30, 2010, 11:39 AM »
I did a FREE seminar at Wholesale Sports last spring, brought my Flathead Charter boat down, let people crawl all over it.  Myself and another Mo Fisch guide spent three hours there, as well as the drive down and back.  We did it for a number of reasons, mainly to draw attention to the Flathead Lake fishery and to drum up business for Mo Fish. They werent allowed to even advertise it, other than some in store posters and bag stuffers...We drew about 20-25 people maybe.

This winter I decided, no more freebies, if I am goping to take a day and drive a couple hundred miles to share my experience and expertise, I should get something out of it.  For $75 I was planning to do a seminar or two and hang out all day...But apparently, thats not a good business decision for them, they will instead pay salespeople to stand around all day and answer a question or two...oh well, their decision.

As for Snappy's, you wont find much better service in the valley, no matter what the store.  Yes, we may pay a little more, but you dont have the personnel turnover in Snappy's like you do elsewhere, and you have to pay( and treat) your people well if you want to retain them. 

I enjoy doing the seminars at Snappy's and as a member of their Pro-Staff, thats one of the ways I give back to the store and to the customers.  The Perch Assault tournaments wouldn't be what they have become without associating it with a good retailer like we have.  You wont find better, more involved staff anywhere else, weather its the fishing dept, the gun dept, the show dept. etc.

There are some great on-line retailers out there and it is easy to save a buck or two here or there, but when you need something right now, or want to see it up close and personal, we have to have the local stores, so buy local whenever possible, and at least give them the chance to "make the deal".
If I\'m not fishing, I\'m probably thinking about fishing...And if I\'m thinking about fishing, I\'m probably not getting much else done so, I might as well go fishing...Yeah, I just said that!

Offline fishin247

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Dec 30, 2010, 04:13 PM »
I will say, the one Bob ward's I don't mind so much is the Helena BW. Its cramped like all of them, but they have an alright selection. Least favorite is Butte. Service sucks.

Offline iceholer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Dec 30, 2010, 07:12 PM »
i never leave the flathead without a stop at snappys best store ever great selection superb service as for the pro staff well :thumbsup: :clap:
when hell freezes over ill ice fish there to

Offline snakeyes_981984

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Dec 30, 2010, 09:07 PM »
I will be honest with all of you i agree that sportsman's warehouse is not the best but bob wards is just as bad snappy's is expensive on alot of their gear but to get the best deal you need to shop around. Sportsman ski haus has had pretty good deals so far but i am not partial to any store just looking for a good deal

oldschoolben

« Reply #34 on: Dec 31, 2010, 08:08 AM »
OK wholesale sports is owned by a bunch of farmer from canada. they seen an opportunity for an investment and took it. the main reason they dont have any stock in is cuz sportsman screwed over a bunch of venders and left a few million $ debt and will no longer do work with Wholesale cuz they think they owe them something for Sportmans F up. Like Pure fishing is one of the biggest venders  in fishing, they own Berkley Pfluger Shakspear and many others, so they have to get those products from an other wholesaler at a higher price and cant get as much product in. Before all of you talk **** about a buisness know your facts and know why things are they way they are.  BW just doesnt care any more about fishing its all about skiing and snowboarding for them. Hippies stuff
i didnt have a problem with wholesale until this year. i went in there to do some christmas shopping and was not treated very well seems unless you want to dump a couple of hundred dollers they dont give a **** about you i ve called to get some reports on fishing and they have yet told me anything that was worth anything so that is my problem with them so those are my facts    i do agree that bw is a hippie store but the bobwards in hamilton has a good selection of icegear but next year ill head to snappys

Offline GOOSE_EGG

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Rip'n Lips [URL=http://s1208.photobucket.com/user/
« Reply #35 on: Dec 31, 2010, 06:24 PM »
Was in Whosesale today and they said Pure Fishing is back on board with them. So its going to get much better and what stores are u guys having problems with, i have never had a problem with the one in helena other than they are out of stock time to time.

oldschoolben

« Reply #36 on: Dec 31, 2010, 06:40 PM »
im talking about missoulas i kive abpot 40 miles from the store and when i would call down there for some reports they never have any info ,  and when i go to the store they have a board yhat shows the lakes and rivers so i guess they are to stupid or to lazy to go all the way to the board and read it and they are rude unless they smell money and then they will surely ready to treat you like a king and besides i try to by local as posible and like i said before they bite

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.