Author Topic: How many use your normal fishfinder for hardwater?  (Read 74349 times)

Offline Richard10

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: How many use your normal fishfinder for hardwater?
« Reply #210 on: Jan 20, 2016, 05:56 AM »
I use Lowrance fish finder too, it works well.

Offline beercap

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #211 on: Jan 20, 2016, 07:12 AM »
Just built this recently

Offline poot_818

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #212 on: Feb 16, 2016, 11:08 PM »
So I just stumbled on this thread after dong some research and read it from start to finish and I'm sitting here thinking why wouldn't anyone want to use their fish finder off their boat? Does it work too well? I spent good money on mine and guess I didn't think to use it but saw guys on here saying they'd never use anything but a flasher ice fishing....which is also crazy when I've read guys saying their new flashers don't read the depth...one of my buddies had one of the first vexilars that read the depth and found fish and we caught plenty with it give me one of the first vexilars over a 28 any day at that rate......but I'm gonna make my fish finder off my boat work along with a ton of other sweet tricks I've found in this forum on tricking a portable and the like....fish are in lakes regardless of the kind of flasher one uses....

Offline gsp

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #213 on: Feb 16, 2016, 11:52 PM »
Ive read this thread from start to finish as well.  I am looking for a new finder for the boat this year, i get out about 60 times a year through both ice fishing and summer fishing and want something to suit both needs.  I do have a showdown 5.6 which i really enjoy but am looking at a nice graph unit for the boat and for the ice if needed if the showdown ever kicks the bucket.

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #214 on: Feb 17, 2016, 12:02 AM »
This thread is so old I bet half the posters are dead.
Every plastics manufacturer claims plastics outfish livebait. So now I use livebait just for the increased challenge.

Offline eriksat1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • N.W. Wisconsin Goat
« Reply #215 on: Feb 17, 2016, 07:58 AM »
I will say this I use my LX5 on my boat also with the high speed transducer. The ice ducer is totally different as far as being able to read small jigs. If you used the open water boat high speed transducer for ice fishing you would be totally disappointed.

FrankM

« Reply #216 on: Feb 17, 2016, 09:20 AM »
I just mounted my old fish easy depth finder from my boat in an old Dewalt grinder box and made a little bracket for the transducer.  Hope to give it a try this weekend if the ice holds up.  If it works OK I will post a pic.

Offline huntneiowa

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #217 on: Feb 17, 2016, 07:45 PM »
I have a couple Garmin Echo 551 DV on my fishing boat. Would really like to try one for ice, think the down vue would be great. Anyone try a DV sonar on ice? Biggest thing would be the transducer is about 2"x6".

Offline djn249

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #218 on: Feb 18, 2016, 09:21 AM »
these are some great ideas. I know what I will be doing this weekend

Offline barney9

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #219 on: Feb 18, 2016, 10:41 AM »
I set up my Eagle fish easy 2. Zip tied transducer to a piece of pvc and zip tied pipe insulation on top.  Turn scroll speed all the way up and turn sensitivity all the way up.  You can see the bottom and my jig in the picture.  Had it out a couple of times this year but haven't marked a fish yet.

Offline stripernut

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Tight Lines!
« Reply #220 on: Feb 18, 2016, 10:53 AM »
If you used the open water boat high speed transducer for ice fishing you would be totally disappointed.
Sorry, but I have not found that to be true at all; I use a Garmin with a speed Transducer and not only do I pick up my smallest jigs, but also the swivel above it... I have to make sure that it is pointed straight down, but when it is, I will see any thing with no lag...

FrankM

« Reply #221 on: Mar 05, 2016, 04:56 PM »
I just mounted my old fish easy depth finder from my boat in an old Dewalt grinder box and made a little bracket for the transducer.  Hope to give it a try this weekend if the ice holds up.  If it works OK I will post a pic.
Tried it today on Honeoye.  Works great.  I can see my little ice jigs easily. 

Offline IceOsprey

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #222 on: Mar 08, 2016, 07:38 PM »
I use an eagle 480 SeaFinder with a iceducer it works great gives depth and you can see your jig and swivel and fish. It is a side scrolling graph but has instant read colum on the side so you can watch your lure going down and such.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.