Author Topic: Repair shop -Strikemaster Solo Lazer Mag gas ice auger  (Read 2451 times)

Offline perch chacer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I am in need for a repair shop for my Strikemaster Solo Laser Mag gas ice auger.  I suspect the clutch needs work or replacement.  At idle the blade still turns very slowly.   I have adjusted the idle as low as possible and still keep the engine running.   Does anyone in Western New York know of a good repair shop for this type ice auger??

Online hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Repair shop -Strikemaster Solo Lazer Mag gas ice auger
« Reply #1 on: Mar 07, 2016, 06:14 PM »
http://www.rapala.com/content/strikemaster-product-service/strikemaster-find-service-center.html?id=11

you could add some SeaFoam to your mix to clean up the carburetor ..if its only a high idle problem .
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline BobOlink

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 07, 2016, 06:48 PM »
I'm pretty sure that there is one in the Brewerton area  can't remember the name.
Bob P.

Offline perch chacer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Mar 07, 2016, 08:41 PM »
http://www.rapala.com/content/strikemaster-product-service/strikemaster-find-service-center.html?id=11

you could add some SeaFoam to your mix to clean up the carburetor ..if its only a high idle problem .

It is not a high idle problem, the idle is set low just enough to keep the engine running and still the blade turns slow.  Thanks for your suggestion to use the Strike-master website.   I already checked and according to their website there is a repair shop in Roulette, Pa.  I was hoping someone knew of a repair shop they used for their Strike-master in WNY that was closer.

Offline BowHunter1527

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Mar 07, 2016, 11:55 PM »
Your clutch spring is gone. Happened to mine earlier this year when I was on my DL trip. Started looking up problems and found some threads about it creeping. Took it into a guy who repairs them, when he took it apart he confirmed the spring was broke. (I have the Clam auger with the Solo) Unfortunately he was out of springs bc he sees a few of them every yr. No worries he said will be fine to run but be careful not to get anything caught. Needless to say ive put almost another 2 gal through it this yr without fixing it. I just found online at http://www.drockicecenter.com/clutch-spring-solo/ the part I need. Not a hard fix at all just pull it apart and put new spring in. Save yourself 75 and take a look. 
"Did you  clip your barbs,  you remember to clip your barbs."

Offline rdhammah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Mar 08, 2016, 07:02 AM »
i believe any small engine repair shop can help you.

Offline UFCreel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Mar 08, 2016, 09:27 AM »
Around here the authorized service center is at Farm and Fleet. I know of two augurs that had to be shipped to H2o Outfitters in Big Lake MN to be properly fixed.  As they are a Master Service Center for Strike Master. I also sent mine up there last fall for maintenance. It runs like a raped ape now. Cant say enough good about them.
Flags up! Bobbers down!

Offline perch chacer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Mar 08, 2016, 01:25 PM »
Your clutch spring is gone. Happened to mine earlier this year when I was on my DL trip. Started looking up problems and found some threads about it creeping. Took it into a guy who repairs them, when he took it apart he confirmed the spring was broke. (I have the Clam auger with the Solo) Unfortunately he was out of springs bc he sees a few of them every yr. No worries he said will be fine to run but be careful not to get anything caught. Needless to say ive put almost another 2 gal through it this yr without fixing it. I just found online at http://www.drockicecenter.com/clutch-spring-solo/ the part I need. Not a hard fix at all just pull it apart and put new spring in. Save yourself 75 and take a look.

I will tear the clutch apart and check the spring.  If it is broke, I'll buy the new one and replace it.  Thanks for the info.  I know about D-Rock, I bought the on/off switch from them.

Offline perch chacer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Mar 08, 2016, 01:33 PM »
Around here the authorized service center is at Farm and Fleet. I know of two augurs that had to be shipped to H2o Outfitters in Big Lake MN to be properly fixed.  As they are a Master Service Center for Strike Master. I also sent mine up there last fall for maintenance. It runs like a raped ape now. Cant say enough good about them.

If I can't fix it or get it fixed locally, I'll contact H2O Outfitters and talk to them.  Thanks for the info UFCreel.

Offline UFCreel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Mar 09, 2016, 06:37 AM »
You are quite welcome. If it cant be done locally. Tim or Bill will take care of the issue. Of that I have no doubt.
Flags up! Bobbers down!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.