Author Topic: Who needs a fuel when you got octane?  (Read 9082 times)

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Who needs a fuel when you got octane?
« on: Sep 22, 2018, 01:11 PM »
Just purchased in store..  I got to see if I can get the battery deal too?? But will see.. and a impact drill for 199.99??  will see shipping seems to be out if batteries and you can't buy the drill on line except ship from store .. wich is $35 more I don't mind paying 139.99 for it cause I already own a ridgid hammer drill and my batteris work with it I will give a full review come ice season .. there are still a few stores in michigan around here one is on south field road in south field the other is on 5 mile in Plymouth ..  just a heads up to get them while you can..  does seem beefier right out of the box bigger and heavier then my last model with 780 inch pounds..  this one is 1300 inch pounds by the way bigger then the fuel ..

Offline WolfPack1

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Who needs a fuel when you got octane?
« Reply #1 on: Sep 22, 2018, 02:01 PM »
How does the auxiliary handle attach to it? I’m curious if it’s like the old style or maybe similar to the new Milwaukee

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Sep 22, 2018, 02:08 PM »
Same attachment as model past as in the r86116 but the handle is about 4 inches longer the the one that comes with the r86116 and does seem a tad beefier then the older one as in thicker mounting points .. as you can see in picture the handle for sure is longer the the older model..

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Sep 22, 2018, 02:21 PM »
You can see in this picture that the octane is on right older on left handle mounting point on handle is same thickness in metal but on the drill their further apart and seem beefier.. plus if you look in picture the octane drill is much much bigger.. by the way sorry for such a big image this is so you can see and compare drill better..

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Sep 22, 2018, 02:28 PM »
By the way the motor housing is bigger too..

Offline kayl

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Sep 22, 2018, 02:41 PM »
For what it's worth, if you want the combo deal you can call home depot and they'll probably work it out for you. I wanted the combo, but the hammer drill is in store only by me, so they had me buy the battery starter kit online at full price and are emailing me a giftcard for the price of the drill.

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #6 on: Sep 22, 2018, 02:41 PM »
Nice Chilly you must be the first to own one. What store did you find it at?
<===Lefty===

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Sep 22, 2018, 02:46 PM »

Lefty:
Last one avaible in northville on 7 mile rd. They had 2 last I looked at the southfield and Plymouth stores I think Roseville had two drills too.. there starting to carry them in michigan

Kayl:
 I am considering doing that but I want the quater inch impact driver any how.. so why wait?? Even considering the four battery kit too.. if they give same discount  but still have to look to see if they do..

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8 on: Sep 22, 2018, 03:32 PM »
So that was at a home depot? They don't have any available in all of Colorado.
<===Lefty===

Offline kayl

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Sep 22, 2018, 05:53 PM »
Heck yeah, just got mine and it seems beefy as hell! I'm working to find projects around the house to use it on tomorrow. :)

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #10 on: Sep 22, 2018, 09:31 PM »
Just purchased in store..  I got to see if I can get the battery deal too?? But will see.. and a impact drill for 199.99??  will see shipping seems to be out if batteries and you can't buy the drill on line except ship from store .. wich is $35 more I don't mind paying 139.99 for it cause I already own a ridgid hammer drill and my batteris work with it I will give a full review come ice season .. there are still a few stores in michigan around here one is on south field road in south field the other is on 5 mile in Plymouth ..  just a heads up to get them while you can..  does seem beefier right out of the box bigger and heavier then my last model with 780 inch pounds..  this one is 1300 inch pounds by the way bigger then the fuel ..

Be careful. Going form what you had to these 1200in/lb + drill is a big change. I’d hate to see your wrist hurt. You’ll love the added torque. When I went from my 725in to my 1200in it was a game changer.

Congrats on the purchase.

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #11 on: Sep 22, 2018, 10:15 PM »
just got off the phone with four different hd staff. last one said the starter kit and free bare tool sale will run til end of october.

Offline Ice Scratcher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Sep 23, 2018, 09:05 AM »
Congrats!!

Dang, that drill looks about 1/3 bigger than most out there now.. I wonder if it still would fit the Clam plate?

Looks great for an auger drill, but I don't think I'd like to run it all day for work.. I actually prefer my smaller Fuego for most things like drilling wood, and driving a few wood screws.

Looks like a beast though!

<°)))>{

Offline Damn Yankee

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #13 on: Sep 23, 2018, 09:08 AM »
just got off the phone with four different hd staff. last one said the starter kit and free bare tool sale will run til end of october.

If you go to Home Depot on line, The Ridgid 9AH battery w/charger (#304740781) is $199. The promotion details list the Octane Hammer Drill Driver
#304304102 as one of the free bare tools.

Leave Some For Seed

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #14 on: Sep 23, 2018, 09:40 AM »
i'm aware, but the offer is both need to be in the cart to qualify. you can't get the drill into the cart. so now we wait or buy the items from stores and show the receipt after you have both items and have any hd pay for the drill.

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #15 on: Sep 23, 2018, 10:02 AM »
i'm aware, but the offer is both need to be in the cart to qualify. you can't get the drill into the cart. so now we wait or buy the items from stores and show the receipt after you have both items and have any hd pay for the drill.
Yea I tried to get them and the drill can't be put into the cart. Not in my area anyway.
<===Lefty===

Offline Damn Yankee

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #16 on: Sep 23, 2018, 11:11 AM »
Yea I tried to get them and the drill can't be put into the cart. Not in my area anyway.

I just did the on-line order and both went into the cart. The total came to $199 so the Octane Drill price was $0. Shipping was $5.99 and a credit
was also there for -$5.99.
I've been getting 10% off promos in the mail quite regular so that would be a nice plus.
They are showing the Octane drills in stock in CT stores which are 30 miles away. Might just take a ride just to touch and feel.
Leave Some For Seed

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Sep 23, 2018, 11:16 AM »

If you go to Home Depot on line, The Ridgid 9AH battery w/charger (#304740781) is $199. The promotion details list the Octane Hammer Drill Driver
#304304102 as one of the free bare tools.

Yup to the above

And thanks argo for the advise..

3300 thanks for the tip that the deals good till end of october..

Ice Scratcher: this thing is a real beast thats  why I am not selling my 780 inlb drill.. I will use that for ever day tasks..  plus get a free impact driver drill to boot.. with the deal 3300 is talking about..

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #18 on: Sep 23, 2018, 11:25 AM »
I guess they wont ship it to Colorado.  Must be because of all the dope heads running the state. 
<===Lefty===

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #19 on: Sep 23, 2018, 08:30 PM »
picked one up at kentwood mi. cost zero dollars. bought the starter kit online, it's the only way you can buy it and brought the receipt to hd and explained how the drill they had on hold with my name on it is supposed to be free and they just gave it to me. the way its set up, one could just cancel the starter kit.
it's heavier than gen5x. says industries leading  torque 1300 inch pounds.

i know where there's 3 more in michigan.

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #20 on: Sep 23, 2018, 09:49 PM »
Really thought I wanted one but then thought about it and I am good with the Ridgid I have. It turns the 7" Nero fine and I plan on going with the 6" this year.
<===Lefty===

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Sep 24, 2018, 09:55 AM »
picked one up at kentwood mi. cost zero dollars. bought the starter kit online, it's the only way you can buy it and brought the receipt to hd and explained how the drill they had on hold with my name on it is supposed to be free and they just gave it to me. the way its set up, one could just cancel the starter kit.
it's heavier than gen5x. says industries leading  torque 1300 inch pounds.

i know where there's 3 more in michigan.

Nice!!

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #22 on: Sep 24, 2018, 10:51 AM »
thanks for letting us know about them being in stock!

i want to add that they received these on he 21st, and will get more on the 26th. they call it "review". there is "no home" for them while speaking to them on phone or in person and so they don't know where to look to find their stock. each store is different where they might find them. no home means no place to put inventory for display or stock and they are special buy which makes it even more difficult to find.

Offline Ice Scratcher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23 on: Sep 24, 2018, 05:38 PM »
Does it fit a Clam plate being that much bigger?

<°)))>{

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #24 on: Sep 24, 2018, 06:53 PM »
Who needs an Octane when you have a Fuel?    ;)
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline kayl

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #25 on: Sep 24, 2018, 07:51 PM »
Does it fit a Clam plate being that much bigger?

<°)))>{

If no one gets to it sooner I'll try it as soon as I get my hands on a clam plate. No where local is stocking ice fishing stuff yet...

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26 on: Sep 24, 2018, 10:36 PM »
I have a clam plate just have not dug it out yet probably will in a day or two so we will know then.. just been bussy reloading my river reels.. that  and doing odd jobs for every one else.. like fixing a buddis pier cart and welding the front wheels on that losened up.. took line off his river reels and putting new line on it..  also been refinishing another buddy's river rods new guides new guide wraps.. .. also have another buddy asking to build rod holders........cost 15 each to make and they need 6 total costs for those I'd $90
Any how iam  busy busy ..

Offline Ice Scratcher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27 on: Sep 24, 2018, 10:46 PM »
I have a clam plate just have not dug it out yet probably will in a day or two so we will know then..

Right on C-Dub, I figured you'd have an answer soon enough...

Thanks bruddah!

<°)))>{

Offline piersm2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #28 on: Sep 25, 2018, 08:53 AM »
No hammer drills anywhere near me  >:(.  I need to get my paws on one!!!
Minnesconsin born and raised

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #29 on: Sep 25, 2018, 09:37 AM »
has a better locking chuck than i have ever used. it has a very loud lock sound or detente snap and you can feel it when it kicks in big time and then it has the normal smaller ratcheting clicks after that and i can make it tighten up to 8 clicks after the first loud detente lock.

the dimensions and weight are:
8 1/4" chuck tip to end of back plate.
8 1/4" tall (no battery).
2 5/8" width (motor housing left to right).
12 3/4" aux handle (it's huge) (mounts like milwaukee's old design).
4.8# with aux handle attached.

piersm2: whats your zip or nearby zip code?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.