Author Topic: Nice Rainbows and Cutbows at Vega  (Read 854 times)

Offline Team CO.F.F.

• Team IceShanty Regular
Nice Rainbows and Cutbows at Vega
« on: Jan 21, 2020, 03:28 PM »
Got to head up to Vega recently here in Colorado, with my Fishing Partner/GF Samantha...We landed into some nice Rainbow Trout and Cutbow Trout, some with some nice size/weight to them! We got a late start to the day and started by late morning and fished until a snowstorm hit the lake in the evening!

Ice barely had any slush and was under about 2" of snow. Ice Thickness was a nice 10-12" in the area that I fished. Bite was pretty good until the evening storm came in, then they got really finicky! I've noticed that a little bit this season (again, just getting into ice fishing heavy this year) that when a storm hits, the bite gets finicky for me...anyone else experience this or is it just in my head?

Attached are some photos of the day, also a link to the video if you would rather check that out!!
Hope you enjoy the video! ;D

Offline stinkyfingers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Nice Rainbows and Cutbows at Vega
« Reply #1 on: Jan 21, 2020, 04:22 PM »
Sam, you da Man. I see that you're still using the classic rod grip while your partner persists in the panfish or "princess style" grip. You guys just have plain old fun. Where's that drill

rig we discussed?
We're born, we live for a while, and then we die.  Sounds like a good reason to go ice fishing.
                                                               Stinky

Offline Team CO.F.F.

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 21, 2020, 10:46 PM »
Sam, you da Man. I see that you're still using the classic rod grip while your partner persists in the panfish or "princess style" grip. You guys just have plain old fun. Where's that drill

rig we discussed?

Sam says thank you ;D ;D!! She's happy that she's getting better at fishing! LOL way to notice, I even have tried showing her that and she doesn't use it :P We try man :) It's easy to have fun when you and your partner love fishing so much!!! It's still in the cart, I should probably order it...We're heading up to Grand Mesa again soon, going to be a rough day on the arms and shoulders if we don't have that. Thanks for watching Stinkyfingers!! Appreciate your continuous support man!!

Offline DrCro

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 22, 2020, 08:06 AM »
lol Stinky. Everytime I pencil grip now i think of how much crap you're going to give me when you see it so i quickly change my mind, plus laker fishing with a pencil grip is almost a sure thing not hooking into a laker haha.

Tyler nice video and fish bud. I love that lake.
Avid fishermen and lover of outdoors.

Offline WesternSlopeFlyNIce

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 22, 2020, 01:16 PM »
what is the name of that heater? i want one! they can be used to cook food on a pan, correct?

Offline ducky540

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 22, 2020, 01:51 PM »
Nice fish Team CO FF!

Offline Team CO.F.F.

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 22, 2020, 08:07 PM »
what is the name of that heater? i want one! they can be used to cook food on a pan, correct?

It is a "Coleman Portable Propane Camp Stove", nothing crazy, got it at Walmart! We have only used it so far for soups/tea but you can definitely put a pan or a pot on it and cook or fry something up!! Also, works nice to act as a small space heater when we're cooking!  We've used it three times so far and haven't gone through a propane tank yet. Hope that helps!!

Offline Team CO.F.F.

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 22, 2020, 08:08 PM »
Nice fish Team CO FF!

Thank you Ducky540! Appreciate the compliment, happy to get some decent fish finally!! :)

Offline Bigassbassman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • New home, MA-->CO
« Reply #8 on: Jan 22, 2020, 08:12 PM »
Great video as always!  Thanks for sharing!   :tipup:  :tipup: :tipup:
Nate
Flags up, gentlemen!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.