Author Topic: Gear up for Cascade ID  (Read 8306 times)

Offline kienkhang1205

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Gear up for Cascade ID
« Reply #90 on: Jan 22, 2020, 11:07 PM »
Is the amount of slush normal for there? or is this just the exception for the place this year?
is alot for this year,, they always have it but not as bad as right now

Offline Bigassbassman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • New home, MA-->CO
« Reply #91 on: Jan 22, 2020, 11:11 PM »
Looks like more great fish!  Some fat perch, for sure.  Always good when the perch make the trout look small!  ;D

Tell your friends to keep it down, with less partying on the ice... :roflmao: Scaring the 16” jumbos away!
Flags up, gentlemen!!!

Offline lovetofishnow

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #92 on: Jan 23, 2020, 08:25 AM »
take me i guide for you j/k you don’t need a guide as long weather looking good, if you plan to go let me i show you where they at, you can rent everything at cascade, snow mobile, sled and gear and too,, we be back in Feb and we didn’t fish much this trip, partying too much lolllz,,got out fishing late go in early due too slush and don’t want to be back when too dark and snow machine get stuck,, close by poison creek around couple hundred yard have a parking lot you can park your trailer or machine there, or pay $15 a day park your trailer at the parking lot at poison creek, from where we park and fishing is 4-5 mile away so walking is not recommended😀😀😀

I will keep that in mind if we ever go there.  How much damages did you do to the beer, 100%?

Offline kienkhang1205

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #93 on: Jan 23, 2020, 09:19 AM »
I will keep that in mind if we ever go there.  How much damages did you do to the beer, 100%?
almost gone less then 20 can left

Offline lovetofishnow

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #94 on: Jan 23, 2020, 09:53 AM »
almost gone less then 20 can left
LOl.  I don't drink much but my Hmong friends that I go fishing with can really down liquor on the ice.  I usually have to run away but look like you and your group can give them a run for their money or shall I say liquor.  Maybe one of these days we will meet (probably in Kansas) and we will drink together.

Offline kienkhang1205

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #95 on: Jan 23, 2020, 10:57 AM »
Quote from: lovetofishnow
[/quote
Just got home tired 😴 we drink 2 bottle of liquor and most of the beer,, this trip is fun but next time won’t do the same thing anymore, tired and lack of sleep less fishing too

Offline Bigassbassman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • New home, MA-->CO
« Reply #96 on: Jan 23, 2020, 11:26 AM »
Glad you had a good trip, but yeah.  Sometimes "other things" get in the way of fishing!   ;D

Curious, where did you rent the snowmobiles from?

So...how many coolers of fillets did you end up with?   ??? :)
Flags up, gentlemen!!!

Offline kienkhang1205

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #97 on: Jan 23, 2020, 11:48 AM »
Glad you had a good trip, but yeah.  Sometimes "other things" get in the way of fishing!   ;D

Curious, where did you rent the snowmobiles from?

So...how many coolers of fillets did you end up with?   ??? :)
intermountain power sports rental, 2 seater machine bigger CC they rent sled and cover too,,rental is a little pricey but new machine and you know you won’t get stranded in the lake,, tom tackle so have snow machine rental $75 a day but older 2000 or older and single they rent gear auger tent and other stuffs

Offline Bigassbassman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • New home, MA-->CO
« Reply #98 on: Jan 23, 2020, 11:53 AM »
intermountain power sports rental, 2 seater machine bigger CC they rent sled and cover too,,rental is a little pricey but new machine and you know you won’t get stranded in the lake,, tom tackle so have snow machine rental $75 a day but older 2000 or older and single they rent gear auger tent and other stuffs
Thanks, yeah it's pricey but worth it if you fly in.   ;D
I saw that Mountain Meadow rentals (up North) is a park and ride location.  I guess you can just ride out from the rental lot each day.  Comparable prices.
Flags up, gentlemen!!!

Offline kienkhang1205

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #99 on: Jan 23, 2020, 12:12 PM »
Thanks, yeah it's pricey but worth it if you fly in.   ;D
I saw that Mountain Meadow rentals (up North) is a park and ride location.  I guess you can just ride out from the rental lot each day.  Comparable prices.
Flying cost not much more then driving, but more time to fish less time to waste 😀😀 i know what need to bring and airline regulations

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #100 on: Jan 23, 2020, 01:12 PM »
I'm driving up with my snowmobile.  Us retired guys have time to burn! ;)
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline kienkhang1205

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #101 on: Jan 23, 2020, 01:21 PM »
I'm driving up with my snowmobile.  Us retired guys have time to burn! ;)
i do know you have lot of time lolzzz, just driving,, gas, food in the way is cost almost the same flying, $200 round trip, truck rental 3 day $180 and snow machine $160 * 3 $480
Place to stay $400 so look at 2k divide 3 person = $650-$700 not as bad as i think,

Offline kienkhang1205

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #102 on: Jan 24, 2020, 04:21 PM »
Clean up this mess freezes it go north next week

Offline Bigassbassman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • New home, MA-->CO
« Reply #103 on: Jan 24, 2020, 05:19 PM »
What was your biggest of the trip?  Any idea?  Looks like you may have a few 15 inchers.
Flags up, gentlemen!!!

Offline kienkhang1205

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #104 on: Jan 24, 2020, 06:57 PM »
What was your biggest of the trip?  Any idea?  Looks like you may have a few 15 inchers.
there some 15 incher, this year fish is smaller then last year, lot of male,,, let see how is go in February

Offline gottafish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #105 on: Jan 27, 2020, 03:55 PM »
Add that to the bucket list

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.