Author Topic: New to area - Where to fish around Breckenridge?  (Read 639 times)

Offline AtlBraves12

• Team IceShanty Regular
New to area - Where to fish around Breckenridge?
« on: Jan 07, 2013, 07:03 PM »
Hello,  I was just wondering if someone could tell me a good place to ice fish that is not too far from Breckenridge.  I am going on a ski trip this weekend with some classmates but I'm not very good at snowboardingi... : :-\.  plus, I'd rather Ice Fish  ;D!  I am originally from ND and enjoy ice fishing for walleyes and perch.  I have never caught a trout of any kind through the ice so advice on how to catch them would be appreciated.  Also, whether or not my ice rods/reels that I brought from back home will work or not.  I have an UL ugly stick, 2 medium action rods, and 1 mh.  All equipped with UL spinning reels.  I was looking on fishexplorer trying to find lakes near breckenridge that would be possibilities and came up with green mountain reservoir, dillon, turquoise.  Which would you go to?  Or if you have a better lake and are willing to share I would appreciate it.  I'm taking a classmate with me and he has never ice fished before so I would like to put him on some fish.  Also, what type of bait do most people use with success?  Any info/advice is much appreciated! Thank you

Offline Fisherguyd

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: New to area - Where to fish around Breckenridge?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 08, 2013, 09:42 AM »
Dillon is probably your closest bet, I have fished Dillon but never ice fished it, they have browns rainbows and salmon and have caught many of each of those.  If you like lake trout, then Green mountain would be your best bet using a tube jig and sucker meat, have caught many of those there too, I like fishing for lakers they are easier to catch for me

Offline AtlBraves12

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: New to area - Where to fish around Breckenridge?
« Reply #2 on: Jan 10, 2013, 10:07 AM »
Thanks for the info fisherguy.  I think we are going to try green mountain res.  Hopefully we are fortunate to catch something.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.