Author Topic: Anyone with eyes on Evergreen/Bloomington?  (Read 5956 times)

Offline Jimmy Bomanti

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Anyone with eyes on Evergreen/Bloomington?
« Reply #30 on: Jan 09, 2018, 06:11 AM »

Seeker,
You might be right, but I have helped the DNR pull the spring survey nets for the past 10+ years and there has always been plenty of big female saugeye in them every year.
Fishing E at night has always been something to do in the back of my mind.  I have stayed an hour or so after dark, but never pulled an all nighter to see how the fishing would change.

We do it up in northern WI quite a bit with success on the walleye.  So maybe it is something to try down here too.

Thad

Offline Talltale

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #31 on: Jan 11, 2018, 01:53 PM »
Has anyone driven by evergreen to see how the ice is holding up?
Your money is not worth my sanity!

Offline DaWakoKid

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #32 on: Jan 12, 2018, 03:28 PM »
I haven't been out there lately, but around Blo/No, every pond I drove by the last couple days had at least a food of water around the main ice. I'm sure that the cold weather will seize it back up soon though.

Offline boscolab

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Jan 13, 2018, 06:55 PM »
I am planning to head down to E in the morning, pending a report from another guy on a FB page that went today. I will pass along what i hear.
If I had a penny for every time, people thought they would get rich from getting pennys for every thing they claim they do or hear, over and over again, I would be richer than Richy Rich.
HUH?

Offline boscolab

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Jan 13, 2018, 07:52 PM »
Report was 6” most places. But less in a few areas. They fished around deer island. They marked fish but couldnt buy a bite.
If I had a penny for every time, people thought they would get rich from getting pennys for every thing they claim they do or hear, over and over again, I would be richer than Richy Rich.
HUH?

Offline Talltale

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #35 on: Jan 13, 2018, 09:02 PM »
Good to hear, a few more cold nights should thicken it nicely. Thanks for the report .
Your money is not worth my sanity!

Offline Triggerbof

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #36 on: Jan 13, 2018, 09:28 PM »
Report was 6” most places. But less in a few areas. They fished around deer island. They marked fish but couldnt buy a bite.
Suppose that means I'll give it a shot tomorrow.  Thanks for the update

Offline boscolab

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #37 on: Jan 15, 2018, 08:04 AM »
Was out yesterday afternoon for a few hours. Fished a mid lake drop off. Plenty of fish marked. Only three small pannies to show for the effort. Ice was so tough to walk on without cleats. Better bring em next time.
HUH?

Offline Jimmy Bomanti

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #38 on: Jan 19, 2018, 09:31 AM »

Hitting E tomorrow morning with a buddy.  Going to set up in the dark and fish till maybe 10 or 11.
It might be the last chance to get on the ice this year looking at the extended forecast.

Offline Finaddict59

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #39 on: Feb 06, 2018, 05:17 PM »
Not related but i just caught a blurb on the news a man in danville went through and died! Lots of wet snow in central and eastern ill ,Safty first if you gotta go bring the gear and someone else Be safe!

Offline crayphish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #40 on: Feb 06, 2018, 11:03 PM »
i really dislike fishing on this kind of ice, i travel north to get on 6-7" good ice to avoid the snow covered spooks.

Offline boscolab

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #41 on: Feb 09, 2018, 09:04 AM »
Any update on Evergreen? Thinking about trying this weekend.
HUH?

Offline Finaddict59

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #42 on: Feb 11, 2018, 04:21 PM »
Guys, what is the scoop on evergreen? Good ice,bad ice no ice,Ive never been there its pretty close,about 45 min to an hour from me.Ive heard a lot of good things about that lake but its south of me and if ive got iffy ice then I know it cant be good down there. Im hoping today,tonight and tomorrow will resolidify things my way, but if thers good ice south,I would love to know. Thank you  FIN.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.