Author Topic: Fish Brother Tip Ups  (Read 1144 times)

Offline tziegert14

• IceShanty Rookie
Fish Brother Tip Ups
« on: Feb 02, 2010, 08:45 AM »
I have been using a set of Fish Brother tip ups for my trout fishing this year and have to say they are great! Easy to set up, very little drag with a fish trips the flag, easy to see what the fish is doing after he takes the bait and cheap a pair can go for about 25.00. At fist I was worried about using mono on the spool because of tangling. This doesn't seem to be an issue if careful when handling your line. About the only down side is that the flags are small.

Icepants

Offline Flypopper

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Fish Brother Tip Ups
« Reply #1 on: Feb 02, 2010, 10:58 AM »
Where did you get them?

Offline coreyl302

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice fish NH
« Reply #2 on: Feb 02, 2010, 01:25 PM »
I saw them and my first impression was that the reel would freeze because its above the water
It's the journey, not the destination.

Offline tziegert14

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 08, 2010, 07:57 AM »
The Fish Brother will not freeze up if you use mono on the spool. I have mine set up for trout. I have 8 pound gold stren on the spool so I can see the line with about 20 feet of 4 pound mono knotted in for low vis. I just rig hook and shot on to that 4lb trace and I'm good to go. You have to be a little careful about tangles with the mono but for some reason the regular stren is looking just fine. The gold allows me to see real easy where the fish is going. I like the fact that I can see what the fish is doing by watching that big spool turn. The only down side are the flags are low so you have to been fairly close by. Ebay has the cheapest price current at 25.00 per set. You can find other vendors by doing a GOOGLE search.

Icepants

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.