New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: New York gathering ?  (Read 16652 times)

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Re: New York gathering ?
« Reply #120 on: Jan 05, 2009, 03:19 PM »
Good afternoon, I will be calling the Angler's Bay cottages to book a cabin for myself and will post their rates. Also will be personal messaging Rgfixit shortly to see if we can sticky this topic to the top of page one of the New York forum and if there is a way to have the latest post on page one of this thread so you do not have to search through a number of pages for the latest post. I will be asking Rg to close the thread NYS gathering and if I should start a new thread on this topic.
     In reading Cny Panfisher personal message I'm proposing the following.
     Access Oneida Lake from either Taft's Bay park in Bernhard's Bay ,NY. or from Godfrey point both off of route 49 on the northshore of the lake,and meet at messanger's shoal or Sugar loaf area of the lake.
    Fish from eight am to four pm (8am-4pm)
    For the prizes have first through third for walleye and yellow perch also a kids division (twelve/under ) if enough show up. Every one who wants in bring a prize (ten dollar suggested value) register at one of the access points ,drop off prizes at Not Just Bait in Constantia or Possibly Anglers Bay Cottages before fishing. After four pm we measure fish(use weight as as tie breaker).
      Then at six pm we meet at the Wander Inn in Constantia to give prizes to the winners and socialize.
       For lunch there is a pizzeria that will deliver to boat launch in Constantia ,have some members pick up pies bring out to group. I 'm asking
 members to bring coolers to hold drinks/ice.
   Also please consider a donation to the local fire dept. (five-ten dollars) to help defray search and rescue costs,(check or money order no cash) I will get info. on fire dept. .

Mr.Clean-Steve

Offline NatefishNY

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #121 on: Jan 05, 2009, 05:30 PM »
sounds great, def plan on bringing some friends as well, how far of a hike is it from the access points to the fishing spot?
            P.E.T.A. = People Eating Tasty Animals

Offline iceslammer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #122 on: Jan 05, 2009, 08:09 PM »
sounds great,can we bring our quads on this lake? and if you get info on the ABC cottages i would be intrested
thanks  Vinny

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #123 on: Jan 06, 2009, 12:55 PM »
ICE Slammer unfortunately Angler's Bay Cottages is only renting out one cabin this winter. I booked it earlier today, to my knowledge quads and snowmobiles are allowed on the ice.
    The two fishing spots I mentioned are around three or more miles out depending on access point used, we will have to get those members with atvs-snowmobiles to taxi others out and back.
    If Cny Panfisher does not post a reply to my suggested gathering plan I will send him a PM. Asking for his opinions on access spots and fishing areas on lake.
  Sorry about Angler's Bay not having more rooms try some of the other lodging that I have posted or the Orbitz.com website or travelocity.

Mr.Clean-Steve

Offline cnypanfisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #124 on: Jan 06, 2009, 03:03 PM »
Good place to start for a local room is the Bel-Air motel, it's a family owned place on route 11 about 15-20 minutes drive to north shore. I'm sure the rooms are reasonable there. 1-315-699-5991 ask for Kelly, rooms are 62 a night there. Free long-distance/local calls, freezers in room for your fish/probably small ones, I just talked to the lady there and she really sounds like good stuff.

The Holiday inn express is 3 minutes closer, probably about the same except you pay more and get free bagels for breakfast.

Just a suggestion, if anyone needs anything just PM me, my box was just emptied.

Cnypanfisher

Offline iceslammer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #125 on: Jan 06, 2009, 06:16 PM »
thanks guys sounds good

Offline dabprod

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #126 on: Jan 07, 2009, 11:35 AM »
I talked to the owner of Anglers Bay Cottages yesterday, she had the one unit to rent and was still available at the time but I didn't want to rent it out from underneath Mr Clean since
he is the one I got the info from on his post. If I am able to go I'll find lodging elsewhere. I had a long talk with the very nice lady that owns the ABC, they have owned it for the last six years and said the lake has not frozen over completely the last three or four years. She also said there are " gas pockets" in the lake and the ice could be much thinner in those areas!!!
Be very careful if you venture out a long ways from shore. She said that Big Bay on the west end of the lake nearest to I-81 does freeze early and that she didn't think there were any
gas pockets there, much shallower than  most of the lake. There are guys out on the ice at Big Bay now. I have never fished this lake and only know what I've read and what this lady
told me. Just wanted to pass this on for what its worth. Hope I am able to go and get to meet some of you guys. Be safe, and good luck.  Dan
HARD WATER IS COOL !!!!!

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #127 on: Jan 09, 2009, 11:48 AM »
Good afternoon all, sorry Angler's Bay is not renting more cottages this winter. I think they have gotten stuck in years past it is a cash only deal in the winter.
  Cny Panfisher let me know if my proposed format for the day sounds good. Should we meet earlier to be able to fish some of the morning walleye bite hours? Also if you could post the name of the fire dept. that donations are going to it would be a help to those wanting to use money orders.
    Finally if all of you bringing snowmobiles-Atv's could please bring extra helmets if you have them,I believe state law require them on driver and passenger. Also have read that you need a rigid tow bar/connection to sleds/portable shelters is this true?
  Finally while I have been keeping a list of members who say "I am Coming" many also add and friends ,could you all please re-post with the approximate number in your party. This will help in knowing how much pizza to order and to give the Wander Inn an idea of how many people to expect. Please remember these are small businesses that may have to bring in additional supplies to accommodate us ,Thank you all for your cooperation in this matter. The same goes for the local bait shop.

Mr.Clean-Steve

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #128 on: Jan 09, 2009, 02:22 PM »
In other matters not related to the Oneida gathering I forgot to mention that I received a pm from member Bdub 78. He is willing to host a gathering at Meachum Lake in the Northern Adirondacks .Look for a thread about this being posted this weekend.

Steve

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #129 on: Jan 20, 2009, 01:31 PM »
Before this thread gets buried to far back in the NY.General forum pages thought I should post an update. I just sent a personal message to Cnypanfisher my hope is to have finalized plans/info. about gathering posted by this Sat.Jan.24,2009.
    Also I may Start a new thread about this event titled Oneida Lake gathering.If I do so a notice will be posted in this thread.

Mr.Clean_Steve

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #130 on: Jan 23, 2009, 02:20 PM »
Just to clear up any confusion I was posting an update here earlier when i timed out on my log-in . I accidentally started a new thread with the same title ,that is why you will see a thread with only one page and the same name.
 Steve

Offline FishTank19

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #131 on: Jan 23, 2009, 08:23 PM »
so have we set an exact date for this? and i started another post in the thread saying that i am trying to get as many ppl as i can to publish their ice shanty names on the outside of their shanty to see who we know on the ice.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #132 on: Jan 24, 2009, 12:47 AM »
Fishtank 19,
   The date is Saturday Feb.28,2009 . Just trying to finalize parking spots on Northshore of Oneida Lake and where exactly on the lake we will fish. If you read from pages five through nine you will find out most of the details.

Steve

Offline FishTank19

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #133 on: Jan 27, 2009, 08:25 PM »
nice count me in. i have 3 relatives that live on the north shore so i have no problem with parking and as long as the sled runs good i should be able to make it to wherever everyone is fishing no problem.

Offline crappieslayer22

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • damn dinks
« Reply #134 on: Jan 27, 2009, 09:47 PM »
where excatly are we fishing on the lake?
Loren W
ST.Croix
Iced Slabs
28 in walleye
15 in crappie
14 in perch
12 in golden shiner
25 in pickerel
11 1/4 in bluegill
6 1/2 pound largemouth
36 in lake trout

Offline piker1

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • here fishy,fishy
« Reply #135 on: Jan 28, 2009, 06:00 AM »
Just read this thread, count me in sounds like great time, and meet other icers ;D
If your not fishing, your not living.....

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #136 on: Jan 28, 2009, 08:39 PM »
Crappie Slayer,
   I'm thinking of fishing the Grassy shoal,Dakin Shoal,Long Island and Pancake shoal area. If you know of areas close to Constantia and Taft Bay park please post or Pm me.  I'm still waiting to hear from Cnypanfisher.

Mr.Clean- Steve

Offline leclairro

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #137 on: Jan 28, 2009, 08:45 PM »
Sounds like a great time

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #138 on: Jan 29, 2009, 01:03 PM »
Greetings I received a pm from Cnypanfisher ,he likes my suggested fishing area,also think everyone should fish out of Constantia .I sent a return pm asking for the addresses of the town hall and local bank so we can find their parking lots. Hopefully there will be enough spots.
    Sorry to be taking so long with this hope to have a final plan by Sunday.
    At that time I will start a new thread titled Oneida Lake Gathering and contact Rgfixit or another mod. to see if they can sticky thread to top of page one of the New York general forum.

Steve

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • JUST TRYING TO KEEP FISH ON MY SCREEN!
« Reply #139 on: Jan 29, 2009, 08:19 PM »
I just found this thread, put me on that list. Also my fishing lodge is 29 miles north of bernhards bay up rt.17 to rt. 13, if any last minute people need accomodations give me a call. ( not advertising, just seen people were looking for rooms. thanks)
ONEIDA LAKE NORTHSHORE DIEHARD'S

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #140 on: Jan 29, 2009, 11:38 PM »
Snagger,
   Consider it done, a question about your fishing lodge. You mention taking rt.17 to rt.13 is this interstate 17 or a county road .
    Those of you who still need lodging send Snagger a pm to get details on his fishing lodge.

Steve

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #141 on: Jan 30, 2009, 03:23 AM »
It's county rt 17. If anyone needs exact directions they can call me. Most of my guys from pa. or nj. come up rt. 81, the other guys from eastern ny., ma., or conn. come over rt.90 to rt.13 north. I'm not right on oneida, It's just for people that don't mind driving a half hour to get there(I'll be fishing right along so I should know where some fish are by then). Thanks. 1-315-298-3248.

Offline cnypanfisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #142 on: Feb 01, 2009, 08:19 AM »
Just bumping this thread up and trying to see who is going to fish Friday.

cny

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #143 on: Nov 27, 2009, 08:35 PM »
I'm curious to know how well this worked out? Who showed?
The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the beat.
http://i63.tinypic.com/ei5njr.png

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #144 on: Nov 27, 2009, 11:36 PM »
I'm curious to know how well this worked out? Who showed?
OK, I think like 20 people or something! I ended up getting the only Flu of the winter that weekend! I was mad as hell!  I've also got a couple of guys on here( Ice Shanty) since then too! What ever weekend it was, schedule the event a week later this year, the fishing was the toughest of the winter that weekend, I know because I had 3 guys from here down there, they were not IceShanty members yet then, they are now!

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #145 on: Nov 28, 2009, 06:41 AM »
I'll make the "Annual Oneida Gathering" this year.   ;D
When is it going to be?

Offline needice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #146 on: Nov 28, 2009, 07:05 AM »
I would be definetly "in" for a gathering up there at onieda.Hey snagger I am still looking forward to planning an ice fishing/steelhead run!! :)Comeon ice!!.I have been saving and today I am going to pick up my new frabill predator ;D ;D It will be my first flip-over shelter and I am siked.I also have a four-wheeler and a snowmobile(If i get it fixed in time) to help with transportation for guys on foot.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #147 on: Nov 29, 2009, 06:22 PM »
I see that this thread has been revived , my suggestion is to private mesage Cnypanfisher and see if he replies the last two years the gathering has been in late February. Cnypanfisher can also be private messaged on My Fish Finder.com (Ice Shanty's Sister site) .
  There is also currently a similar thread titled Get Together on the NY. General Forum.
  Steve

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #148 on: Nov 29, 2009, 06:28 PM »
As long as I have an exact date (ice permitting of course) 2-3 weeks ahead of time I should be able to make it.
The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the beat.
http://i63.tinypic.com/ei5njr.png

Offline five-flags-up

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Next flag is Rylee's
« Reply #149 on: Dec 04, 2009, 04:04 PM »
Oneita makes the most sence for me its big enough and its in the middle of the state :-\
The world is more then 2/3 water and less then 1/3 land there fore God wanted us all to spend twice as much time fishing as we spend on the lawn.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.