The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Any luck on tip-ups/ pike?  (Read 547 times)

Offline quack

• Team IceShanty Regular
Any luck on tip-ups/ pike?
« on: Jan 25, 2024, 08:45 AM »
SE part of the state, had tip ups soaking for pike at some of my usual spots for multiple hours at a time almost every day over the past week. Only had 2 flags and they were both dropped by the time I got to them. Me and a buddy had lines out for 8-10hrs yesterday in the fog and rain and he had one flag pop right when I packed up.

Now these aren't generally high numbers spots but on average 1-2 flags/fish in a 3-4hour soak is how it usually goes.

So I guess the point of this post is I'm curious if others are seeing the same thing, pike just not where they generally are, or not taking any offerings. Could possibly be because of the weird weather. Or if I'm the only one ending this first portion of the ice season in a drought 🤣

I at least got a nice pile of gills and bonus walleye last Friday so not a total bust on the season so far 🤙🤣🤣

Here's some pics for fun

Funniest thing about ice fishing for me is when people who know nothing about ice activities try to warn me about the dangers of the ice...

Offline docbas

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
Re: Any luck on tip-ups/ pike?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 26, 2024, 02:44 PM »
buddy and i were out last weekend and both mornings had over 15 flags per morning.  unfortunately, only 3 keepers and lots of misses, but also caught several nice bass.  haven't been able to fish since the weather changed, so i can't compare.

Offline icefishman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 27, 2024, 05:15 PM »
Thats how the deer acted this year
Catching Any?

Offline Doeslayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 27, 2024, 09:30 PM »
We went out and soaked 10 flags between 6 of us all day, caught a couple undersized, one bass and one missed flag...... We did however get 45 crappie so even though the pike werent around the panfish were
Catch and release, into the grease!
"gotta be somebody needs some killin" ~ Major Payne

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.