The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: ice Gator auger drill head.  (Read 8912 times)

Offline hnd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
ice Gator auger drill head.
« on: Jan 14, 2014, 12:08 PM »
is this company still in business?

Offline flyfishr

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The Revenuers don't stand a chance
Re: ice Gator auger drill head.
« Reply #1 on: Jan 14, 2014, 11:28 PM »
Yes, at the very top of the page where is says Iceshanty.com click on the sponsor link and it will bring up all the sponsors.  Icegator is a home page sponsor.  You can get to their website by clicking on their logo.

Offline hnd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 15, 2014, 09:57 AM »
Yes, at the very top of the page where is says Iceshanty.com click on the sponsor link and it will bring up all the sponsors.  Icegator is a home page sponsor.  You can get to their website by clicking on their logo.

that means nothing.  there are plenty of websites of dead companies still sitting there.  its their utter unresponsiveness to emails, calls, social media, their vendors that has made some suspicious. 

Offline FishGameHunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 15, 2014, 09:58 AM »
I was wondering the same thing, i wanted to buy a electric auger and every dealer on there page i called that was local sd they dont deal with them anymore,, so i ordered the ION,, shld be here today actually..

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4 on: Jan 15, 2014, 10:14 AM »
Yeah, but it would seem they are on their way out. Like you said, they have gone to no communication with neither their distributors nor their customers. Seems as if they are just selling whats left in the warehouses. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see the company go bankrupt within the year.  ;)
EYECONICFISHING

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #5 on: Jan 15, 2014, 10:20 AM »
The Gator is/was a great machine. The Ion is / a great machine. Anyone ever think just maybe they both will be out of business soon? It is still fairly new technology and maybe there is something about the batteries not holding up.
<===Lefty===

Offline Gills-only

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When hell freezes over, I'll ice fish there too!!
« Reply #6 on: Jan 15, 2014, 11:12 AM »
Don't know about service but a buddy has a ice gator and we have fished -10 out and not had a problem never ran out of battery, he has had it for 5 yrs

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
« Reply #7 on: Jan 15, 2014, 11:16 AM »
is this company still in business?

here you go:

http://www.icegator.com/
New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

Offline hnd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Jan 15, 2014, 11:17 AM »
lol

Offline BaitBucket

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #9 on: Jan 15, 2014, 07:08 PM »
The Gator is/was a great machine. The Ion is / a great machine. Anyone ever think just maybe they both will be out of business soon?

The Ion is made by the makers of Eskimo
Official Member of The G.I.T.s, Gods In Training 1/2014
The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad.

Offline SeisMec

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'd rather be fishing!
« Reply #10 on: Jan 16, 2014, 03:32 AM »
here you go:

http://www.icegator.com/

I've sent them an email but no response.  Will try a phone call on Monday after I get over my jet lag!

Offline pete/ny

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Jan 16, 2014, 07:42 AM »
I've sent them an email but no response.  Will try a phone call on Monday after I get over my jet lag!
  Good Luck trying to get ANY responses from them, to say the least!!!!! My Friend wanted, I said wanted, an Ice gator but after 2 weeks of solid phone calls, e mails no responses from them at all. Can't believe they would spend money to advertise all over when you call a dealer and they tell you, NOPE not selling them anymore! Too bad but nowadays to be in Business you had better treat your Customers right and it starts with communication. Something they DEFINITELY DO NOT HAVE! Oh yes my Friend just got a new ION and loves it.

Offline BaitBucket

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #12 on: Jan 17, 2014, 09:20 AM »
Yup, Ion cuts great, and much lighter.. Made by the makers of Eskimo as well... Not going anywhere

Offline fishnnut

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #13 on: Jan 20, 2014, 03:17 PM »
I just got a new Ice Gator a month or so ago and hope I can still get parts or service for it if necessary.......Auger is great so far but hope the company is going to be around if/ when I need them...   ??? Anybody have any contact with them lately?

Offline fishnnut

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #14 on: Jan 22, 2014, 11:56 AM »
Anybody   ???

Offline lookinfopike

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Jan 23, 2014, 10:56 PM »
They are not going out of business as rumor suggests. Call Greg at Icegator (419) 551-5889 or (419) 542-8888 or for parts or service contact Your Bobbers Down they are a exclusive dealer there number is 734-277-4110. From what I was told they are in the middle of expanding there operations for more production. Every year they sell out of just about all of there models. You have to get them early if you want one. They are a small company trying to better themselves. I am on my forth problem free year with my gator and love it. I am not a big fan of imports so the ION is not for me.

http://www.gulllakecam.com/

Home of the "Gull Lake Smelt Factory Ice Flies"

Offline teamlund

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • pike are for guys that cant catch walleye :v)
« Reply #16 on: Jan 24, 2014, 02:34 AM »
I wanted to get an ice gator a few weeks ago but couldn't get any info from the company.. Not even a response...For that reason I bought a new Ion and love it. Its probably not as fast as a gator but does a great job and ardisam/eskimo has always had great customer service. I had a question ab out the ion and emailed them.. Had an email back the next day..
Northern pike are for guys that cant catch walleye :v)

Offline hnd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Jan 24, 2014, 09:08 AM »
They are not going out of business as rumor suggests. Call Greg at Icegator (419) 551-5889 or (419) 542-8888 or for parts or service contact Your Bobbers Down they are a exclusive dealer there number is 734-277-4110. From what I was told they are in the middle of expanding there operations for more production. Every year they sell out of just about all of there models. You have to get them early if you want one. They are a small company trying to better themselves. I am on my forth problem free year with my gator and love it. I am not a big fan of imports so the ION is not for me.

expanding is no reason to not respond to inquiries. 

Offline BaitBucket

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #18 on: Jan 24, 2014, 10:24 AM »
I am on my forth problem free year with my gator and love it. I am not a big fan of imports so the ION is not for me.

I love the guys who link that video.

What they dont mention is the IceGator Li-Ion head + an Auger are going to cost you about $150-200 more than an Ion that does the same job (all be it a few second slower).

The Gator also weighs a good 10lbs heavier than the Ion.. And is clearly much more difficult to get support for..

I know I would be pissed if i spent $700 on an auger and if something happened to it I couldn't get a hold of the manufacturer for weeks/months.

Offline fishnnut

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #19 on: Jan 24, 2014, 12:18 PM »
Thanks for the replies guys. All I can say is the Ice Gator is a great product so far for me. It's lite as a feather compared to my Jiffy 3hp. Stealth I had before. This Gator goes thru ice like a hot knife thru butter. I think the guys here that bad mouth it for sure haven't tried one. I don't agree with the company not responding to emails and such and regardless what's up with the status of the business should update people better with details. As far as the last guy stating the Gator is expensive well you can buy a cheap rifle,boat, or most anything but do you always buy the cheapest? Maybe there is a reason it is more....Try one    :tipup:

Offline BaitBucket

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #20 on: Jan 24, 2014, 04:13 PM »
I have tried one, and they are a nice auger.. I wasnt arguing that fact..

My point is the Ion doe the same job, costs less, weighs less, and has better customer support..

If you want to trade all of that to get thru the ice 3 seconds faster, go for it.

Offline teamlund

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • pike are for guys that cant catch walleye :v)
« Reply #21 on: Jan 24, 2014, 04:46 PM »
I have tried one, and they are a nice auger.. I wasnt arguing that fact..

My point is the Ion doe the same job, costs less, weighs less, and has better customer support..

If you want to trade all of that to get thru the ice 3 seconds faster, go for it.

nailed it! No doubt the gator is faster but no customer support and lots of complaints on iceshanty about the product and more so about the customer service... My permy has 3 holes in it. If I fish with myself and 2 other guys the gator might save me 10 seconds of drilling and weigh much more...I will take the ion..
Northern pike are for guys that cant catch walleye :v)

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #22 on: Jan 24, 2014, 05:02 PM »
I love the guys who link that video.

What they dont mention is the IceGator Li-Ion head + an Auger are going to cost you about $150-200 more than an Ion that does the same job (all be it a few second slower).

The Gator also weighs a good 10lbs heavier than the Ion.. And is clearly much more difficult to get support for..

I know I would be pissed if i spent $700 on an auger and if something happened to it I couldn't get a hold of the manufacturer for weeks/months.

Not to mention it looks like a 5 or 6" auger vs an 8". That videos is a bunch of crap.

Hey, we agree on something!
EYECONICFISHING

Offline hnd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23 on: Jan 28, 2014, 01:08 PM »
the best part is the guy with ion is slowly walking to his next hole and situating it before he even pulls the trigger.  while the other guy is just popping hole after hole. 

through however thick that ice is, the ion took 8 seconds, the icegator took 5. 

Offline BaitBucket

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #24 on: Jan 30, 2014, 10:27 AM »
There are alot of things wrong with that video.

First they compare cutting speed, but arent using the same auger on both.
Second, anyone find it odd he didnt show the battery charge on the Ion when they started?

Offline fishnnut

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #25 on: Jan 30, 2014, 12:21 PM »
Boy do you guys have a hard on for the Ice Gator or what? I think it's a hell of an auger and about 15# lighter than my old Stealth jiffy 30. The gator with the Lithum battery is 19# and I haven't weighed my Niles 8" flighting I put on it but I would say that adds maybe 4 and for sure not over 5#'s so what's so terrible about 24#'s? Like I said the other day the business end maybe isn't the best but they do have a hell of a product. And no I don't have any connection to Ice Gator other than owning one... ;D

Offline Fishrmn

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Prayin' for sub-zero temps.
« Reply #26 on: Jan 30, 2014, 02:18 PM »
Looks like an 8 inch auger versus an 8 inch auger to me.  That's what they said as well.  And they didn't show the charge of either auger.  I'm not going to worry about whether it's 8 seconds to drill or 5 seconds.  What impresses me about the gator in the video is that it drills at least twice as MANY holes as the Ion.  And NEITHER one of them was the first electric auger on the market.  Strikemaster made one years before either one of the newcomers.

<{{{{°>
Fishrmn

"I tolerate with the utmost latitude the right of others to differ from me in opinion." Thomas Jefferson

Offline Phoenix

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27 on: Jan 31, 2014, 05:00 AM »
I've got one of the original Ice Gators and will have to replace the batteries soon. I don't suppose it's possible to just pop a couple lithium ion batteries in there, that would be too easy. Do they make a conversion kit?

Offline hnd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28 on: Jan 31, 2014, 08:21 AM »
call the company.  they might get back to you before next ice season starts

Offline tucker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #29 on: Jan 31, 2014, 08:31 AM »
i have had my gator about 3 years and never had a problem with it.  never had to communicate with the company so can't comment on that.  The charge lasts many, many holes, quick and quiet.  It may be a bit heavy but I would rather put an auger that is a bit heavy on my sled then spend the time drilling holes by hand.  makes fishing much more enjoyable.
in the heart of tax and spend NY

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.